2014-2015 New York Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Oct 25, 2014.

1. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Knicks trying to trade Dalembert or cut him to save some money according to bleacher report.

Knicks probably going to get destroyed by Memphis tonight.

The only silver lining is the Knicks actually have a draft pick. In year past, they would stink, Dolan would have traded the current year pick, then would have traded future picks to try to salvage the current year.

The Knicks plan now has to be to shut down Melo until he is 100%. Then, hopefully he comes back for the final 15-20 games and him being healthy plus teams being bad and worn down allow the Knicks to seem good. This can draw some FA and still a top pick.

Silver better rig the lottery.

2. displacedfan

Knicks going to waive the players they get and waive Dalembert. Then probably call up Giannis' brother. Some even newer faces to the Knicks.

This gets them out of JR's contract. Pure salary move.

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

Lol but why release Reggie Jackson he's actually a need, unless the tank is in effect.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

it'd be pretty dumb to waive Jackson

but I guess they're tanking like Philly was last year when they cut Granger so they could play some D League stiffs instead

It's ridiculous that teams are allowed to do this. Stop rewarding teams for failure.

5. JetLifeLo

Welp... according to some OKC sources, Reggie Jackson was never involved in the trade. We traded the Knicks Lance Thomas. We Got Dion Waiters, and we still have Reggie Jackson. Sam Presti is a beast for that.

6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

dion is jr 2.0 want no part of that . So don't go blowing presti. Dion could not co-exist with the pg how do you think he will do with your Westbrook, Durant and Reggie.
    Please don't say this is different, because Dion was playing with Love, Lebron and Irving.
    So Dion will still be jacking up all the shots whenever he has a chance pissing off everyone else on his team. If anything it is an asset for OKC nothing more
    For the Knicks purely a move to get rid of JR and move Shump who has been a disappointment and the Knicks get another 9 million under the cap so that should put us around 36 million under the cap next yr for rebuild

7. JetLifeLo

nobody is blowing presti ( u mad bruh? ) I said he's a beast for picking up waiters for almost nothing. And waiters will be playing with our bench anyway he's not taking shots from anybody our bench guys don't even take alot of shots. It's not a big improvement but it's a start and i'm almost sure it will play a part in the next move we make before the trade deadline, we're trading Jackson eventually by feb.

8. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Jackson is playing tonight, apparently, which is how they know he's not getting dealt.

1. [​IMG] Ken Berger ‏@KBergCBS 2h2 hours ago
      Reggie Jackson goes nowhere in this deal, sources say, so OKC poised to acquire Dion Waiters without giving up any significant assets.

0 replies 0 retweets 0 favorites

2. [​IMG] Ramona Shelburne ‏@ramonashelburne 2h2 hours ago
      Knicks use Shump to shed JR... OKC gets insurance policy on Reggie Jackson leaving. ...Cleveland really rolling the damn dice

3. [​IMG] Brian Windhorst ‏@WindhorstESPN 3h3 hours ago
      Framework of trade being discussed is Dion Waiters to OKC, JR Smith to Cleveland and Reggie Jackson to Knicks, sources told ESPN

4. SportsNet New York follows

[​IMG] Moke Hamilton ‏@MokeHamilton 2h2 hours ago
      It's funny seeing tweets in my TL of people who haven't since gotten the memo that the #Knicks aren't actually getting Reggie Jackson.

5. [​IMG] Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 2h2 hours ago
      For those asking: Thunder NOT trading Reggie Jackson, Kendrick Perkins or Jeremy Lamb. All here in Oakland getting ready for game vs. GSW

9. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Thank god the Knicks finally trading JR Smith (for nothing). That's all Dave Bliss needs. Another guy who won't listen to him.

#69 pclfan, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2015
  10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The knicks don't need to be good this year to attract FA. A top pick, Melo and what $30 mil can buy can turn around the knicks next year and free agents know that.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

here is the good news with this trade:

2015/16 Season during July Moratorium

Guaranteed
    Carmelo Anthony - $22,875,000
    Jose Calderon - $7,402,812
    Pablo Prigiono - $1,734,572
    Tim Hardaway Jr. - $1,304,520
    Cleanthony Early - $845,059

Total - $33,316,904

Total Available 2015/16 - $29,748,096 with no cap increase
    Total Available 2015/16 - $32,983,096 with expected cap inscrease

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So much for the theory that professional teams don't tank huh.....

13. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

were paying Calderon 7 mil? What the fuck?

14. pclfan

pclfan Well-Known Member

Personally I don't think you can ever win with Melo. Esp trying to go to the triangle. He's too selfish and a gunner. To me isolation sucks and isn't entertaining esp when the player misses key baskets more than half of the time. I know they have no talent but if a rebuild I get rid of him.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

tanking has been going on for many years

The Celtics tanked for Duncan (but failed to win the lottery, because small market teams somehow do much better in the lottery) and then tanked again in 06-07, for example. The Spurs also tanked for Duncan (and succeeded).

The 76ers have been trying to lose as much as possible the last two years.

16. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I would love to trade Melo.

I just mean losing this season won't be that much of a deterrent to signing free agents next year with what we have available; it will be dependent on whether free agents buy into what Phil is selling on how he will turn around the team with the available cap space.

17. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

18. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Carmelo out tomorrow. Probably sit for a few games so the Knicks can pad their lead over Philly and Minnesota.

Imagine how much you have to tank to be 5-32 in the East. Amazing.

The Knicks are 1-14 against the West. Last three: lost by 22 to Portland, lost by 21 to the Clippers, lost by 22 to Memphis.

19. displacedfan

Yeah now they aren't even pretending to be competitive

20. JetLifeLo

I'd def. want a melo trade if i were a knicks fan. I know he does some special things sometimes but he's wayy too one dimensional and needs A LOT of help around him to succeed, and i mean A LOT (which lowers his value). He clearly just wants the money too, no way he sees a brighter future in NY than in Chicago. Get em out of here Phil. He aint no Jordan or Kobe to operate that triangle.