2014-2015 New York Knicks Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Oct 25, 2014.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

I think you are missing my point, and maybe I am not making it clear enough.

Right now, I think the PG position is most important position in the league. Durant is one of the best players in the league, of course you have exceptions such as Lebron / Anthony Davis / Durant. Still Westbrook is VERY important to that team's success. Him being healthy gives Durant the best chance to win. You need to have good guards in order to have success. Especially in the Western Conference, where every good team has at least 2 good guards.

Look at how the game is played nowadays compared to the past, you really don't think the game is built for guards to dominate? Teams used to try and build their teams around big men, nowadays it's all about finding that next great guard. Never in the league's history would a team pass up on a big man like Okafor for a guard, but times are changing. Centers, I feel used to be more valued back in the day. Now it's all about small ball.

So in regards to your bold, doesn't this put a higher priority on the position? Doesn't it make the position that much more important? We will see about the Knicks guy. I still think they should've taken Mudiay, a 6'5 PG that plays great defense, a play-maker and is aggressive. Players drop in drafts all of the time.

The best player from that draft is a SG / SF [Wiggins], the 2nd best guy from that draft is a PG [E. Payton]. Why limit it to the Lakers? 3 PGs drafted in the first 10 picks.

2. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Knicks have a deal with Lopez, he's coming to New York

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Only if he DeAndre does not choose us. Thanks for giving us that Rolo

#respect

4. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Actually the Thunder were still really good without Westbrook, but Durant healthy.

5. 101GangGreen101

59 wins in 2013; and when did Westbrook come back? They weren't winning a title w/out Westbrook - that's my point.

6. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

While that may be true, they still were one of better teams without him, and had what I consider a good season in the end with the circumstances.

7. 101GangGreen101

Yeah, Durant had that amazing month, I think it was Jan where he was scoring 30 every night and winning. It was a good season, but could have been much better.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with this. The kid is a gym rat..an over 7 foot gym rat with the shot and form of a 2 guard. All reports seem to be correct that while thin....he is fearless. He has a desire to be great...to go along with a freak of nature touch for a big man. He already knows what he needs to do which is get bigger. His press quotes from the first scrimmage were beyond his years..and language problems all before him had. He has been preparing for this..just by the fact he speaks very good English. While that might not seem important, its the total package.

Most players that fall into that category are usually followed with the...hopefully he develops a mid range shot...crap. He blocks shots..and is not a stiff in the middle. If he blocks shots he will learn to be a much better defender. The kid took the boos at the draft and ran with it....saying everything right. He wants to be great...and has all the tools...AND IS OVER 7 FEET.

Love the pick..love it. This will be real fun to watch him grow...and think it will happen faster then what most are predicting.

EDIT: My only real fear for him is injury. When you are that big..that frail early...and asked to put on 30 pounds..and are not a stiff in the middle but all over the court..that would be my only concern.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Porzingis stuffed Okafor 3 times yesterday in summer league game

10. 101GangGreen101

Okafor has been getting blocked all summer league long.

Porzingis looks pretty good though, it's SL and he's got a long way to go, if I were a Knick fan I would be encouraged. Jerian Grant on the other-hand has been really impressive for you guys. Might be one of the best Knick picks in years.

you guys btw can laugh at me for calling Porzingis soft, that guy is tough.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Distributed the ball nice yesterday also

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  12. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

The kid is really agile for a guy that tall. I'm hoping added weight and muscle doesn't slow him down much.

13. jaywayne12

great point..and injuries. Hey...10..15 pounds the first year..year and a half. I mean..he looks lanky but his arms arent toothpicks..he is not like some sticks we have seen come into the league. I just like the kids attitude. If you have talent..and no fear..its a matter of time.

Now this article by this moron cracks me up. If its a war between Anthony and Dolan...it will be Anthony faster then you can blink. This guy is basically saying within the year...it will be Jackson out in favor of Anthony. Ummm....if Dolan has half a brain, Anthony will be gone if there were any takers. What a bullshit article. Nothing wrong with building a team from the bottom up. This roster needs only points..albeit a lot of them. With the new agreement next year and the cap going through the roof, Phil is right on target.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...hil-jackson-carmelo-anthony-article-1.2292561

14. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

it's gonna be awkward when Porzingis gets louder cheers than Melo

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  15. jaywayne12

see I love posts like this. No laughing at all. Anyone looking at him and where he came from would have to think the same. He is a tough kid both physically and even more importantly mentally. When the physical catches the mental...think they have something so different....and pretty special here. Grant has shocked me. Liked what I saw from him in the tournament but he was a senior...playing against kids. So you wonder..but the guy is racking up not only assists but rebounds. Interesting pick.

16. jaywayne12

and totally agree...summer league is a tough gauge. Very tough. I guess its better than bombing out. So far..not the case. LONG way to go.

17. jaywayne12

Lol....now thats a great point and by game 10..would it surprise us? I think this poor me thing by Anthony was not the wisest way to go. Take that along with when the ball is in his hands longer then 6 seconds..and we know thats coming, the boos will render down pretty fast. Anthony is digging a hole for himself and he has a month or 2 to climb out of it with favorable quotes. The boos are a comin.