2014-15 NBA REGULAR SEASON THREAD

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by JetLifeLo, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The ESPYs host had an opening monologue, including a bit about Steve Kerr outcoaching LeBron

Antoni and NYJalltheway like this.
  2. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

He's a pretty funny dude, His suit was resplendent.

[​IMG]
    _

3. JetLifeLo

JetLifeLo Well-Known Member

I really think OKC will keep all their guys over the next few years.. especially if they get a ring or at least to the finals again. We have the money to max out ibaka russ & KD still with the cap rising even higher next season & will have 21 million to shape out the rest of the roster (in 2017). I can only assume that 21 will be split between McGary, Adams, a FA and sum vet minimum guys & rookies. money will be tight but as long as we have our core im fine.

Presti will hold the team together and continue to shape what he helped model in SA... a championship caliber core that will stick together their whole careers.

With all the depth we have RIGHT NOW i'd like to see Russ and KD & Ibaka get their minutes cut a little this year. We'll need a healthy squad in the playoffs for once.

4. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

5. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

6. NYJalltheway

7. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Sooo.... I seem to remember last year somebody told me that Kawhi Leonard wasn't going to be a max contract player. Man, I wish I could remember who that guy was...

JetLifeLo likes this.
  8. JetLifeLo

I was very wrong, i must admit.. i think i was more doubting that SA would give anybody a max deal, but kawhi is the man. respect.

edit: still Not better than westbrook though ^_^

abyzmul likes this.
  9. abyzmul

Last season changed my opinion of Westbrook a lot, I didn't think he'd be capable of taking over like that. Gotta wonder how it'll affect the dynamic between him and Durant, though.

He's still a fucking punk, but damn he's a good one.

10. JetLifeLo

lmao yeah.. i knw he's gonna want to build on that season but i hope he feels he earned the respect he was looking for and focuses on a damn ring now

11. NYJalltheway

Glad to have you back in the NBA thread. I think they'll be fine. I think most of the so called tension is Jets style media driven. The 2 get along very well, and I expect them to make the team a top 3 seed. I still think the Spurs have to be considered the favorites, or co-favorites with GS after getting Aldridge though. That was a huge signing. Portland had a San Fran type off-season. They'll fall out, the Pelicans will stay in, and OKC will be back. It's going to be a very interesting season with the KD FA nearing.

12. abyzmul

Thanks! I wasn't really talking about personal tension, just their chemistry on the court. With Westbrook really exploding last season, gotta wonder how easily he's going to give the ball up. It's originally just me playing devil's advocate though.

13. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

One thing Scott Brooks, due to injury or whatever, didn't effectively do was manage KD and Westbrook so one was always on the court. In those moments, one of them can really ball hog if they need to carry the offense while the other rests.

It will be interesting, because both are legit top 10 players. They both shoot well enough where they can park at the 3 PT line, but you aren't going to win with the "your turn, my turn" offense.

abyzmul likes this.
  14. mute

mute Well-Known Member

Derrick Rose Injured in Scrimmage, Will Have Surgery Tomorrow

JetLifeLo likes this.
  15. abyzmul

Rose's DNA looks like a skull and crossbones.

16. abyzmul

In the past 2 seasons, Derrick Rose has missed 103 games.

In the past 18 seasons, Tim Duncan has missed 97 games.

JetLifeLo likes this.
  17. JetLifeLo

unbelievable .... well.. not really.. but damn!

18. JetLifeLo

Welp... good thing he's gone.. Scotty boy is really good at young developing talent.. but he sucks at utilizing it.

I honestly think NY should drop Derrek Fish-head and take a look at Scotty Brooks until he builds them up to contender status... then fire him for someone else that knows what they're doing in the playoffs

19. NYJalltheway

I just can't wait for the season to start.

20. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

Lifelong Trail Blazer fan and things are just terrible. Wow. Team had maybe the worst off season in the history of the NBA. It was already difficult to build a team here given the inability to sign quality free agents, lack of available draft picks due to previous "reboot" and then LMA dragging his feet until the last few minutes, now it got a lot harder. If Lamarcus is gone then why keep the others around? This franchise's future was written when Wesley Mathews got hurt. You have to have at two/three All-Star caliber players to contend in the NBA, and even if you do have luck in the draft, the odds are stacked against you. Kind of like football recruiting around here!

NYJalltheway likes this.