2013 week 8 - NY Jets @ Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 20, 2013.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Great argument.
    Who gives a shit what the Buc's are doing? FYI ... Allowing 20 more passing yards per game than us coming into this week.

Who cares? All that matters is Jets Pass Defense with Revis vs Jets Pass Defense without Revis.
    Go to the dictionary and look up "night and day"

#241 truthbtold, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  2. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

just came from work can anyone resume what happened?

3. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Why yes, the Jets got their asses handed to them.

#243 BleedJetsGreen1981, Oct 27, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2013
  4. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Picture the Begals passing attack like a hot knife.
    Now picture our pass defense like a stick of warm butter.
    That pretty much sums it up.

If that doesn't do the trick, take any picture of Joe Montana or Aaron Rodgers in his uniform and photoshop in Andy Dalton's head.

5. Take a look at ALL the secondaries across the league. Do you consider ANY of those units dominant?Even solid for that matter?

Unfortunately NFL rules, the progressively sophisticated NFL offense & the athletic freaks going out for passes nowadays have essentially destroyed the notion of a plus secondary.

We'd all like to see the jets back end play better..but frankly I don't think they're playing much differently than other units across the league.

I actually blame the DL more. For all the hype they've received & all the talent they possess..they aren't forcing their will or getting off any blocks. Sure they are stout against the run & get a ton of movement..but they aren't making the plays this team needs.

6. GangGreenTay

GangGreenTay Active Member

Im not worried Bengals are a super bowl caliber team

7. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Grats on your win today Bengalholic. You have a great team. One that with some luck has a chance to do be playing in January. But maybe more importantly the Bengals appear to be a team with a bright future for many years. I wish you luck the rest of the season.

8. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

hmmm..ktjf...I have heard this argument too much lately. They point to games teams play against the Broncos...the Saints...etc...sorry bud...Im not buying that anymore. Not at all.

This secondary gets beat on passing plays where defenders have no...I mean NO IDEA where the ball is.

I thinks its comical that teams even run against us....I love how BB and Brady try to get a running game going against us or play the Wes Walker slant crap.

Just go deep young man...just go deep all day long against this team that has no safetys....a corner drafted in the first round who has not defended a play in his pro career....a db who had a career year last year and is a no show this year...and they are surrounded by a terrible group of nickels...from Wilson to that midget Truffant.

In their defense this is a Rex Ryan defense...and in a Rex Ryan defense you better get some pressure and in all fairness...Wilkerson/Richardson/Snacks and the rest get a big fat F today.

Rex decided to try to rush 4 early and even with the extra backers in didnt work..then against all odds started to send db's and linebackers and that didnt work.

Im totally convinced that the reason Brady struggles against us is because they rarely go long. Besides their tight end they have no deep threats and it plays into a Rex Ryan defense this year.

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Again you miss the point. Your posts were much better when you were banned.

10. Bengalholic

Bengalholic New Member

Thanks man. I'm not one of those fans who beats my chest after a win, I'm just happy to WIN, ya know? In my 1st post earlier today, I predicted a 23-17, hard fought Bengals win. I sure as hell didn't expect what happened. I looked at your guys defense and thought you had something real good going there, especially with some nice young talent in the front 7. I don't really follow the Jets as much as I do other teams, did I evaluate your D wrong or was it just one of those games?

11. I disagree on the Jets weakness being the deep ball. If anything that's the one thing they CAN cover.Both Cromartie & yes even Milliner are difficult guys to get on top of given their speed & length.When you factor in the movement the DL gets..it's difficult for offenses to execute 7 step drops & get guys far down field.

Where this secondary is getting beat is on quick short/intermediate passes. There are definitely some communication issues & guys are playing extremely passive. Very little physical play off the line, guys out of position & no drive to the football.

Offenses are gonna play that game all day long to avoid long dropbacks against this DL. This secondary needs to get more physical & aggressive.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

Our secondary has been torched all year long. The only QB we stopped was Brady in a rainstorm where his receivers dropped ball all day and Brady last week. Our run D is much improved but overall our D was much better last year when it carried us all 2012 while the O was going 3 and out all year long. What was particularly bad about today's matchup for the Jets was the number of really good targets you had. We could not cover the Gresham.Effert, Greene , Sanu and Bernard all togther. Spread out our defense with that many good weapons and our secondary will get exposed very fast. It also hurts that we lost our best pass rusher this year in Barnes for the year. We will adapt, improve and get better but our defense is nowhere near as good as our ranking.

That being said the Bengals should be given a lot of credit. You all made some great plays and your a great team. Your team is loaded on both sides of the ball. I love your defense. It is the best defense we have seen this year. I really do hope you have success.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The D is usually much better. It usually keeps us in the game... your OL did a great job of keeping the pocket in tact for Dalton. He picked us apart with a clean pocket. Defensively, your DL controlled the LOS and Geno made poor decisions. Complete beat down in every phase of the game, enjoy those, they are fun.

14. Told Ya

Told Ya New Member

Hey buddy, just made a new account to be able to come back and allow y'all to eat that delicious, delicious crow feast that all your talking earned you. So let's hear it? Who still thinks Geno Smith is fit to hold Andy Dalton's jock?:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

15. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Kurt, really is that a serious post? How many more times do you have to see Cromartie and Milliner get beat deep before you come back to reality? Theres a reason why Cro is rated a bottom 5 corner in all of football this year. He has been beaten deep time and time again this year and he plays like he has never seen a double move in his life before. This secondary is pitiful. Top to bottom....

16. ..And how much safety help is Cro getting? Against guys like Green,Jones,Jackson,etc.

How many other corners are put in that position? Since when does statistics for a corner mean anything?

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Dalton is a good player but has way better talent around him. Credit to the Bengals for the beatdown today, no doubt. We still don't know about Geno. He looked bad today.

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

In fairness, you said you didn't see the Jets getting beat deep as a weakness. He asked how many times you need to see Cro and Milliner get beat deep.

You are now asking when they get safety help, etc?

So do you think getting beat deep is a weakness or not? You can't say it isn't, then make excuses why it frequently happens.

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Stopped watching after a while. Secondary looked below average yet again. Our offensive line was awful.

Saw they put Simms in at the end. Was that just because it was such a blowout and they didn't want to change Geno getting hurt? Or did Geno actually get hurt? I saw he still completed 67% of his passes.

20. JStokes

JStokes Well-Known Member

Daulton was so much better than I thought he was. Kudos, looks like you have a pretty good QB. I thought he was hitting the wall but he looked pretty good out there.

_