2013 week 7 - N.E. Patriots @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 13, 2013.

1. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

This guy :grin:

2. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

Heath Miller also had a good game against the Jets.

3. Mitch_Dumstein

hoping that Wilk, Snacks, SRich and Coples all meet at Brady and rip him in half

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

The first time the Gronk stays in to block MoWilk will break his other arm.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Ahh what the heck...

[YOUTUBE]KlSZuCm7qCQ[/YOUTUBE]

6. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

gronk is irrelevant. we arent going to score on them and were gonna continute to turn it over. we just lost to an fng 0-5 team

7. DimsAllmighty

DimsAllmighty Well-Known Member

Will be interesting to see if Josh Cribbs will run the wild cat this week. He said he's been working with the offense so it will be interesting to see where he lines up.

8. pdxdrew

pdxdrew Well-Known Member

I have a dream (nightmare) that this game will all depend on Geno's mechanics. And now that I think about it maybe it will.

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

You know what I was thinking?

Last season at this exact point we faced another pivotal game against the Patriots. We were 3-3 and faced the Pats on the road. They edged us and it was the beginning of the end of our season. We would never see .500 again. This is another big turning point game. Jumping out to 4-3 at this point in the year would be pretty big. Going to 3-4 would be tough to overcome facing the Saints and Bengals back to back. This is a game the Jets HAVE to win. It's time to make a statement and show people that the Pats are a fluke. It's time to stomp Brady's face and eat his children. For once, I just hope we can play the Patriots good at home. We seem to always play them tough on the road and then collapse at home. It's time to change that trend!

#249 Barcs, Oct 18, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2013
  10. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Give them some credit, 0-4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

11. MenOverGod

[YOUTUBE]_WT3_MD4NmE[/YOUTUBE]

This gets you banned for life nowadays.
    Double post. Sorry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

12. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

God I miss playing and hearing that pop, that it was football is all about.
    Great hit/tackle.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

100% right.
    The other thing that drives me crazy is this ---
    Even if you don't make it (and odds are that you will) you STILL have a big advantage, and you're probably getting the ball back right on the edge of FG position anyway! Not to mention, you have an excellent chance at getting a Safety or a Pick-6.

For the record ... The reason we were on the 2 yard line was because on the previous series the Steelers were operating from the 4 yard line, escaped a Safety by the skin of their teeth, and had to punt from their end zone. We got the ball on the 48 yard line and drove to the 2.

If this was 1975 I might agree with kicking the FG. These days, you better find a way to get into the end zone from the 2 yard line, because 19 yard FGs are going to add up to a loss most of the time.

#253 truthbtold, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  14. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Back that up, because all the stats I can find are the polar opposite.

Say what you like about the Steelers O line, they did enough.

15. AarontheJet

AarontheJet Active Member

Look at us blow out the Pats this week.

16. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Duperbowl!!!

17. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

It's not really hindsight, I wanted Rex to go for it against Buffalo from the 30-40 yard line when we failed, I wanted Rex to go for it in ATL, and wanted Rex to go for it against Pitt. Against ATL and PITT we took delay of game penalties while we waited. At least send Geno out there to try and get them to jump and then take the penalty.

I just googled this, and cannot verify the data, but this says we had over a 50% chance of getting a 1st down.

http://www.advancednflstats.com/2009/09/4th-down-study-part-3.html

Now I'm not advocating going for it all the time, two highly questionable ones I was against, the 4th and 2 in that old NE/IND game in 2009 and the 4th and 6 NE attempted in the NO game this past weekend. Another 4th and 2 that I did like though, the coach going for was the 4th and 2 in the CHI/NYG thursday night football game this year where the Bears were inside the 10. The Bears didn't get it, but it didn't matter.

I just think offensively, this team is good enough and should be confident enough that we can convert a 4th and 2 and if we don't, our defense can take the good field position and provide the offense good field position.

But in the case of PITT and ATL, I thought the games were so early the chance of not getting 3 points wouldn't affect the team in the long run where 7 would be more beneficial.

EDIT: I understand the reasoning for plaiyng it safe and kicking a FG, I can definitely see the reasoning behind it, I just disagree. It's a strategy and I disagree. I also see the uhh political (not sure if this is the right word) reasoning a coach would rather lose doing the common thing (kicking FG) than lose going for it and missing (the uncommon thing).

#257 displacedfan, Oct 19, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2013
  18. Jetscrazy87

Jetscrazy87 Member

Good post, everything you said is 100% correct until you said the pats are a fluke. not that I am defending them but you can't call a team who's won the division 9 out of the last 10 years a fluke...I will say this if we win tomorrow it will propel this teams confidence and maybe even add another reason to keep Rex next year(which I want). We have a rough couple games coming up after the pats and I think we have a chance to take one of them(maybe even both) if we win tomorrow. Even if we do win tomorrow and lose the next 2 going into the bye I think we have a soft enough schedule to be 4-5 at mid season and still go 9-7 maybe even 10-6, who's the best team we see after the bye? The fish? Maybe the ravens? That's not saying much we should win at least 5 of our last 7 based on defense alone, but if the o can find a rhythm there's no reason we can't end the regular season with a winning record.

19. RubenDias

RubenDias Well-Known Member

20. MenOverGod