2013 week 6 - Pittsburgh Squeelers @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. tooooon

tooooon Active Member

Despite records this game is a tossup. Actually, before last nights game the early line had Pit favored by 2.5 (its a PK now).

2. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

The big thing for the Jets is that this game is at MetLife. Coming off that performance last night, and it being a semi-holiday weekend (Columbus Day), the joint should be rocking.

3. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Did not link?

4. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

We are going to crush them in the trenches. Other than Ben and Brown, this is a very bad football team. Even Ben conceded they might be the worst in football so far. That said, we aren't the type of team that can overlook anyone and the Steelers are desperate. Geno has a chance to string back to back strong games together against a D that isn't even living on past rep anymore (it's basically universally recognized that they are bad).

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The league didn't do the Jets any favors giving them Pittsburgh off their bye on a short week.

I like our D-line against that horrendous PIT O-line... I don't like our offense's matchup with that defense though.. Geno needs to continue to protect the football. Pittsburgh may be 0-4 but it's still Pittsburgh. It will be a very tough game.

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He just saw the greatest TE of all time have another signature game in front of him. It's understandable that he wanted to be on the field more than he was. We're getting really good things out of him and if we're lucky he won't get hurt and we'll still be getting them in December when we really need them.

7. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

When's the last time we played the Steelers in New York? Feels like it's been forever.

8. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Just checked and it's been six years. Last time was 2007, they entered 7-2 and the Jets were 1-7 and beat them behind Kellen Clemens.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Our d-line is gonna rape big ben. It's called karma.

10. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

:steelers:........

12. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

hmm..do you think snacks has had his twitter hacked or is he just pissed off?

Damon Harrison 9 minutes ago
    Fuck you cock suckers

13. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Oh man how I would love to win this one. I took the Steelers under 9 wins to start the season.. Jets have to add another fat L to their record!

14. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I don't think Pittsburgh will be able to do much against the Jets defense. They won't be able to run, they won't be able to protect Ben, so it comes down to the Jets offense not making mistakes to keep Pittsburgh in the game. I agree, it is going to be tougher than your usual 0-4 team at 3-2 team, but the Jets can handle it if they play smart.

15. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Bell's a decent back...similar to Powell in a sense so I would make sure to watch out for him as he is tough to bring down.

You're right though....LeBeau will hope to win the turnover battle vs the Jets offense but if we can cut them up with slants and expose their lack of speed, they could be in for trouble. Holmes would be perfect here, shame he isn't playing. Kerley will need to play a vital role.

Jets should win the battle of the trenches....asking Levi Brown who was mediocre in Arizona to match up against Wilkerson is suicide and he'll get help without a doubt, which means Richardson/Coples/Pace/Barnes(If healthy) could be after Big Ben. My fear is we had a few blown assignments yesterday that Big Ben can make off scrambling so we need the coverage to be tip top. Heath Miller could be a nuisance if he's right and healthy, Dawan Landry will need a much better game.

If we can't at least get 4 sacks on Big Ben than something is wrong. Very wrong.

16. WhySoSerious488

WhySoSerious488 Well-Known Member

We're a better team than the Steelers almost across the board. Certainly in the trenches. Normally you would give them the big edge at QB, but Geno's home performances so far coupled with Ben's struggles mean we could possibly get the better QB performance in this game. Brown on the outside worries me a little bit, but they pose almost no threat in the running game.

If we avoid turnovers, we could win by our biggest margin of the season to date.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Jets 21 Steelers 13.

18. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Haha, it was hacked.

19. Combustible Rextible

No. I think his message is clear.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Amen RT

Note to Hobbes (if you're out there reading this):

We're facing a team that's improved each week and has had 2 weeks to heal and prepare--this is anything but a gimme.

We're gonna need every 'lung' out there at full throttle, esp. at the beginning to set the tone.

Now it's an early 1:00 o'clock start, so please, can I please ask you to hold off on the heavy drinking until the 2nd quarter at least?

.... you "silently" passed out before halftime will do the team no good.

Thanks Hobbes and do enjoy the game. :up:

steeler notes:

- Markus Wheaton out
    - Cameron Heyward to start over Ziggy Hood