2013 week 6 - Pittsburgh Squeelers @ NY Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 8, 2013.

1. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

Interested to see how they deal with big Mo and Sheldon with pouncey out for the season.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I fully expect the D-Line to tear up that Steeler O-Line. Big Ben should be running for his life on many occasions, we just have to tackle him when we get there.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

That Steelers O-Line vs the Jets D-Line....oh boy. Big Ben will have to be an absolute escape artist to get away from our defense.

4. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Don't like the match up of anyone of the Steelers quick WRs against Cro.

5. legler82

legler82 Well-Known Member

Also don't like Geno going against Dick Lebeau and his fire zone blitzes. Geno has been fooled by this type of blitz in the past.

6. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

I want to bury these fuckers...

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Geno needs to keep an eye on that sneaky fucker, Polamalu

8. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Steelers D is pretty slow though and they miss tackles. Very suspectible to the running game, we could gash em if the O-Line plays a good game. Goodson could really give them fits.

Need to dictate this game with the running game.

This has Bills/Jets written all over it, only Big Ben will know what to do with the ball. He will get sacked though, a lot.

9. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

That's what I'm hanging my hat on. Their OL is worse than the Atlanta OL, which we destroyed most of the night. I feel Ben will be running around like a chicken with no head, but I can already see the seemingly countless 3rd down conversions that are 20 second plays. This game is going to be just as rough as the one we just won.

I don't care about that 0-4 shit. It's the Steelers on a short week, them on a long one, them desperate...sounds like a game we very well might lose. That said, I'm confident as ever for a game against them, but they have always had our #.

The AFC playoff race will be tight, and if we want a chance, we need to win these AFC games. Yes the ATL win was HUGE, but it was unfortunately out of conference. We can't fall to 1-3 in the AFC. Then we have the Patriots. Yes we have a chance, but you guys have to realistically see we will PROBABLY lose. Being 3-4, and 1-4 in the AFC would be as close to having a knife on the neck as it gets.

In closing, the key is that while most fans will see 0-4, and assume victory, this is a big, big game that we need to win.

#29 NYJalltheway, Oct 8, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2013
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

Put pressure on Ben to prevent him from extending plays is the key to victory. I believe we win.

11. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

I think we'll cause lots of problems for them with our front 7, hopefully enough to win us the game. I've always thought Big Ben was one of the harder QBs to bring down. That coupled with them coming off a big break and hungry for a win? I don't know, I don't think it'll be as easy as some believe.

I think they are better than their record indicates and it will be hard fought. As long as we can win the turnover battle again or at least limit ours to one or two then I think we can beat them.

12. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Big ben can extend plays which is frustrating, when a DL gets his hands on him, they need to bring Big Ben down, can't let him run around.

Secondary have to cover the whole time, can't let up thinking a play is over.

Jets need to keep an eye for Troy and with an extra week to prepare, better realize Pitt will have some tricks ready for Geno he hasn't seen before.

Should be interesting and fun, can't overlook Pitt by any means

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If this game was on ESPN, they would say it is a must win for the Steelers, thus they will win. :) I like the match-up much more than the Falcons game, but it will not be easy either.

14. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

One of the teams I hate the most...

I want this one...BAD :mad:

15. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

If the Jets win and the Patriots lose to the saints, the next week will be for first (or tied for first depending on the dolphins).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

16. Midlife Crysis

Hopefully our young but maturing D-linemen will tackle Big Ben better than the 2010 and 2012 teams could.

The Jets really need to get this one b/c of the string of tough games between it and the bye. Sucks that they have to play a team coming off a bye on a short week.

What's up with the NFL schedulemakers anyway? They gave the Jets two tough early season primetime road games and then turn around and hand the Steelers a gratuitous preparation time advantage. Is it really that hard to avoid scheduling "short week vs. coming off a bye" matchups? :)

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

We need to dominate the Steelers. They have a shit offensive line and a crappy play-caller that doesn't use Ben's strengths.

We need this win more than anything, a loss can be demoralizing for the season.

18. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Miami is on Bye.

That 0 missed tackles in 100 snaps will be in jeopardy against Ben.

Have to bring him own on first contact so he doesn't create plays.

19. JetDynasty

JetDynasty Active Member

This is nothing steeler jets related but anyone see kellen Winslow say he was pissed off about playing time last night? He's acting like a selfish fuck...this team doesn't need players like that...we have a diva in santonio and we don't need another one in Winslow...he's lucky to even be in the league considering his 80 year old knees...Cumberland has looked good and we picked up sudfeld off the waiver wire

In other news lets beat the steelers

20. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I saw that...Kellen Winslow thinks he's his father or Tony Gonzalez reincarnated...He's upset that Jeff Cumberland outshined him on the big night instead of him. That is a bitch move for him to act that way. Another reason why he has never met his potential.
    Just play the game Winslow, your ass was cut by the Patriots twice last year and you had no job