2013 Week 3- Buffalo Bills @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by macbk, Sep 13, 2013.

1. SienaSaints

SienaSaints Well-Known Member

He still throws terrible interceptions a lot. Like for example yesterday against Miami. I am just not sold on him being a generational talent. I think he is top 5 league QB but not in the running for best of all time the way he plays now.

2. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

RG3 can make all the throws. He is clearly not fully recovered from surgery and that is affecting his mechanics.

3. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

He has from the get go had a lot more on his plate than any of the other youngsters. Andrew Luck is solid gold. Take it to the bank.

4. laxin

laxin Active Member

And you think that has nothing to do with RG3? Oh boy.

5. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

This is all I needed to see....

RG3 is a QB who happens to be a top of the line athlete, not the other way around....

6. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck isn't even the best QB in his draft class. RG3 is better. Russel Wilson is better.

7. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I'm not saying his knee isn't hindering his success, but when you take out his running ability, he just becomes an average quarterback. What made him so deadly was his legs. Hell, he rushed more yardage than some running backs did. If I had to choose between Luck and RG3, I would choose luck every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Why? Because this is a passing league now. I just don't think RG3 can be just a great passing quarterback.

Hell, look at Colin Kaepernick the first game. Threw for 400 yards from the pocket. Tried to run the pistol and such last night and couldn't do shit. This league is becoming harder and harder on running quarterbacks. Not only game wise, but physically as well.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

8. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

I tend to think Andrew luck will prove to be the best QB in that class long term with Wilson a close second. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my HTCEVODesign4G using Tapatalk 2

9. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

All three are overrated actually

10. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well all 3 are franchise QBs. You build a team around them and you will have success.

11. LIJetsFan

LIJetsFan Active Member

Getting back to Buffalo, anyone who thinks Geno isn't aware of the QB that was selected before him in the draft has got rocks in their head. I think Geno plays with a chip on his shoulder this Sunday.

12. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I am just glad it's Geno instead of our pretend "franchiser".

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

I hope he does, and I hope he leads us to a win.

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Luck and Wilson aren't overrated. RGIII is definitely.

15. foreboding

foreboding Member

EJ fumbled once and threw a very tight INT. The end of game PI call was obvious and it prevented Stevie from running in front of the ball. The guy grabbed him and turned him partly sideways as he was running the crossing route. The Bills young signal caller plays careful as a young guy, but the "dump offs" are flairs and screens designed to get the ball to our skill guys and the Bills have several, including Robert Woods who could be our best WR by years end IMO. Marrone describes these plays as an extension of the run game.

That said both guys are young and have talent. It will probably boil down to mistakes and/or a final drive. Also the Bills will not abandon the run game.

16. foreboding

foreboding Member

I would prefer this for sure!

17. foreboding

foreboding Member

True, and now we have Pettine.
    Could be an all around offensive shit fest lol.

18. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Disagree. RGIII is a very accurate QB, he's a QB who can run now a runner who can throw. If you watch him throw this year, his footwork has declined (probably because of the knee) and has caused him to suffer in his pocket passing. Not to mention he had limited TC and no preseason also. RGIII is a great passer when healthy, the knock on him is if he's going to be able to stay healthy.

I do agree, Luck so far in his career has shown he protects the ball less than the other 3 QBs of the group. His INT% was 2.9, Wilson's 2.5% and the other 2 sub 1.5 which is great. Luck also had more fumble at 10, but Colin and RGIII were close at 8 and 9 too. I do think Luck and RGIII had less talent than Wilson and Colin who had much better overall teams in my opinion. Wilson and Luck weren't empty handed, but they had less of an overall strong team. The Redskins also lost Orakpo last year which hurt their D.

I do agree on not judging any 4 of Colin, Wilson, Luck, and RGIII too soon. They all have their limitations right now as young QBs now and if they are great QBs they will shake these limitations and become consistently great. Odds say all 4 aren't going to consistently be top 5 QBs year for 10 years.

#178 displacedfan, Sep 16, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 16, 2013
  19. foreboding

foreboding Member

Well of course lol.
    At the end of the year we will be able to review this rookies and see if it is still ranked that way. You see...each year you know more historically about how good each player is.

20. 74

74 Well-Known Member

ahh yea because not being able to run on the best defence in the league means the entire league is better against running qb's. p.s. he couldn't pass for shit against them either, I guess this league is getting harder on passing qb's also... oh wait...