2013 Week 1 - Tampa Bay Buccaneers @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soxxx, Aug 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There are no say wins for the Jets. I'm wondering who will start at QB. I'm not worried about Revis, but we will have to change our strategy to hit the TEs often and the slant receiver as well. Revis can be left alone on his island except for runs and screen plays.

2. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Freeman doesn't need to score, Sanchez will have a pick 6 and a fumble 6 and the Bucs will win 14-3.

3. 1968jetsfan

I'm only half kidding in the above post.

4. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Seriously? Based on What?

I don't see it.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

And then the Sanchez fans will tell everyone how well he played outside those two plays.

6. 1968jetsfan

Forgot about that, let me amend it.
    Sanchez will have a pick 6 and a fumble 6, Tampa Bay will win 17 14 but it will be the defenses fault for giving up a late field goal that the Jets lost.

7. lamont_jordan_rules

Quote:
    Originally Posted by soxxx
    imo the Bucs are prolly one of the most talented teams and are playoff material.

Sounds pretty crazy to me

8. max

max Active Member

I think geno plays. He plays ok (1 td, 1 int, low 200 yards passing) and we win low scoring game (20-17). :drunk:

9. BroadwayGeno

BroadwayGeno Member

i doubt sanchez will play. rex said he is "technically" day to day. I think it is more serious than a little bruise

10. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Revis gets 3 picks and 2 returned for td's and Doug Martin rushes for 300 yards and 2 scores. But we win 42-35 behind McElroy's 6 TD passes.

11. 1968jetsfan

I don't think they're playoff bound, but both teams were 6-10 last year if memory serves me correctly and I think Tampa Bay improved their team more than the Jets improved theirs.

I mean, Tampa Bay last year was the 13th highest scoring offense in the league, which makes them about average last year in that category. But the Buc's defense ranked 23rd in points allowed.

Despite the bashing that Freeman gets around here the Buc's we're tied for 8th in the league in passing TD's. and 12th in the league in rushing TD's. In short they score. Add in the fact they have a very good rushing game and the Jets haven't really shown much against the run on defense.

The Bucs also improved their weak defensive unit which got burnt in the air last year by adding Revis, Gholdson and Banks who theydrafted should be a solid #2 Corner for the team. In other words they actually addressed their biggest weakness.

if they had a better QB I'd put them at 75% to win the game, which is the biggest chance I give any team to beat any other team. as it is it's probably 60-65% likely the Bucs win the game. (I grade hard so the real probability is probably around 70-75% they win the game).

I just don't think the Jets, regardless of who's at QB, are going to have much offense this year...Sanchez is a 4 year turnover machine and Geno if he starts is a rookie and will probably have rough patches where he turns the ball over too. Only reason I prefer Geno over Sanchez is we know Sanchez is a turnover machine, he has been every year of his career basically. Even in his best scoring year he was only a +6 TD/turnover or about a 1.2 to 1 TD to turnover ratio, and that was his BEST year where he was at least average in scoring anyways. At least with Geno there's a chance he'll turn the ball over less over the long haul.

12. MoWilkNYJ

MoWilkNYJ Well-Known Member

The running backs need to help take pressure off of Geno or whoever is throwing the football. I'm hoping Ivory has a bit of a breakout game after his unimpressive preseason.

I got a feeling the defense is gonna do a good job of keeping the Jets in the game.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Bucs won 7 games last season but that is mute. Doug Martin looks big time, they fixed up a secondary that was absolutely horrible. The coach is a defensive mind so I expect him to bring a respectable defense in his 2nd year. The offense has weapons and they seem to be about ready to make a playoff push.

Its not the end of the world if we lose week 1, the Bucs are going to be one of the tougher teams we see all year. If Revis is healthy it will be pretty big for the Bucs.

We still arent the losers of that trade though because the Bucs will not win the Super Bowl with Revis. If they do then Idzik will look bad one way or another.

14. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

Possible win if we control time of possession and don't turn the ball over.

15. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So guaranteed loss.

16. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Just ordered my tickets tonight..

If Geno starts we will for sure lose. Also Dougie Martin will run all over our overrated D.

17. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yeah, the D will shut out the Bucs for 59 minutes then Freeman will get the ball on his 1 w/ no timeouts and set up a 30 yd FG for the win and we'll hear how great the D was.

if we slow down Martin and limit bad TOs we will win.

18. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Have you guys seen this run defense that the Jets are putting on the field? Besides the D-Line, the LB's suck and the CB's can't tackle.. If they decide to run outside on us, we are done.

19. fozzi58

fozzi58 Well-Known Member

Based on 50% of the posts I just read in this thread, I think the Jets should just forfeit and give Tampa the W.

20. Jay Bizniss

Jay Bizniss Well-Known Member

Wait for the thread for Week 2 vs the Patriots.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.