2013 Prospect Watch

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, May 9, 2012.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Still raw as a consistent playmaker, and is prone to lapses where it looks like he's a true freshman. Inconsistent hands will get overshadowed by size/athletic potential, so he will get drafted when he comes out. That said, if he keeps doing what he has the last few games, I'll have to adjust my opinion and consider him a legit prospect this year.

2. RutgersJET

RutgersJET Member

Keep in mind that he doesn't exactly have a Matt Barkley throwing to him.

3. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

I usually wouldn't endorse the idea of taking an inside linebacker with a high pick, but I think that Manti Te'o is going to be a fucking monster in the NFL. He's one of the smartest players I can remember seeing at the college level.

4. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Who cares? Nova is better than people give him credit for, and is often more hurt by his WRs (sloppy routes/dropped passes) than he is helped by them. Don't need an elite QB to play good football as a WR.

5. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Kevin Minter #46
    ILB -- LSU
    6-2 245

Redshirted junior. Not sure if he's coming out for the 2013 draft, but if we miss out on Te'o, I'd have no problem grabbing him later or early 2014.
    Guy has been tearing it up recently.

6. BleedGreen4ever

BleedGreen4ever Active Member

Middle Linebacker is not going to be a first round need. David Harris is locked in and under contract and Bart Scott's replacement is already on the roster in Demario Davis.
    QB will also not be an issue in the first round as if Sanchez fails we will be going with Tebow.
    I don't see us taking a WR in the first two rounds unless Holmes is released, but there is a better chance we replace him with a free agent WR as veteran leadership is needed on the outside.
    This leaves OLB, running back, Guard, as we need a replacement for Brandon Moore and I don't think Ducasse is the answer, and possibly RT as all viable options in the first round, I believe in that order.
    So who will be available in the mid-teens ( as we are .500 right now) that fit this mold?

7. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Harris is "locked in" for only two more years. He is also to the point next season and the season after where he is a cap savings if cut.

I think he is a bit over rated as an ILB and not worth the 9 mill average or 12 mill cap hit next year. I doubt he is cut, more likely reworked, but I would not pass on an ILB becuase we have Harris and Davis who has yet to prove anything.

8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

This is the exact philosophy that will get the Jets into trouble drafting players. If the best player available is a MLB (Te'o) you don't pass on the BPA to reach for a need. Yesterday's non-need is tomorrow's need. There is a lot of love for Bart Scott on this site, but is play has declined and Harris isn't the same player.

IMO, the Jets drafted the 2 BPA players in Rd 1 in 10 & 11, Wilson & Mo Wilk.

9. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Not 2013, but watch out for me in 2015. Gonna walk on D2 after three torn ACLs :)

10. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Go away and pollute another site

11. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Don't care if you believe or not, you'll see.

5'11.5", 220 lb. injury-prone HB checking in.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

When you're scouted to be draft worthy, then we can talk, otherwise time to continue with real draft talk.

13. MURDR

MURDR Banned

I will be soon enough.

Anyways, I like HB Greg Bryant. He has that very rare "it" factor that allows him to lower his hips, allowing him to absorb contact, and he can move piles. He's one of those Trent Richardson/AP/Dupree-style runners.

Can't-miss prospect when he declares, IMO.

14. Jet Rider

Jet Rider New Member

Geno Smith is the player I want in the draft

15. MURDR

MURDR Banned

Agreed, can't argue there.

16. cantwait57

cantwait57 Member

Bjoern Werner, high involvement, high motor. Let's be honest, we need our outside pass rusher and he is the second coming of Brooks Reed, possibly with more upside.

17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

In some ways you are correct but in other ways running correct routes etc is on him. The only reason I asked is becuase the kid looks pretty decent and with his size he might turn into a late round gem.

18. blackssmagic

Whats some opinions in Darius Johnson wideout SMU. Kid doesnt look like a burner but he seems to catch everything thrown to him.

19. blackssmagic

The other player that I have seen making play after play is Star Lotulelei DT Utah. This kid can move for being as big as he is, has the quickness of Nagta it seems like.

20. Sanchize0829

Sanchize0829 Well-Known Member

That is assuming we draft in the top five. Losing Revis and Holmes made this team worse, but with a weak schedule and already three wins on the board, I highly doubt the Jets will draft inside the top five.