2013 Prospect Watch

Discussion in 'Draft' started by CodeGreen, May 9, 2012.

1. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

I havent seen much of Ansah to be honest. He looks extremely nimble for such a big guy and makes great plays against the run. I think he's more of a 4-3 DE than an OLB but I see where you're coming from.

2. laxin

laxin Active Member

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/cfb/41889/321/hard-work-is-the-ansah

Pretty good article I read a little while ago on him... Seems like a great kid too

3. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

I think he may be better suited as a 43 end, but he also looks more athletic than Pace or Thomas. I could see us trying to convert him over for the job. He's powerful enough to set the edge, can shed blockers to make the tackle, and can rush the passer. If Rex stays he could lock down a OLB position in this defense.

4. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

5. Gang Greener

Gang Greener Member

So, I am a student at UGA, and obviously watch the Dawgs play week in and week out. After yesterdays beating of Tech there are just a few names I wanna get y'alls opinions on.

QB - Aaron Murray
    LB - Jarvis Jones, Alec Ogletree
    S - Bacarri Rambo

Now I don't know what our chances at grabbing Jones, but Ogletree and Rambo are serious studs. And yes, I already know Rambo has some "character issues"

6. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Jones is a sure fire top ten pick, as long as teams are ok with his past neck problems.

Ogletree should be a late first type of guy. Not really what we are looking for and a bit undersized for a 34 at this level. Could find time anywhere in a 43 D or at ILB in a 34.

Rambo is skilled but has some Charcter concerns. Its a deep safty class and I think this bumps him down into the late second-thrid round range in the draft.

Murray lacks protype size, but he has the Arm and smarts to play in the NFL. He seems to be a leader and in comand of the offense in Georgia and that will help him out. I think Late first early second is where he will land over all.

7. Ansah is legit. BYU uses him all over the place. Really good athlete who is still a baby physically. Needs work on his hand placement & leverage but he can really bend & explode. If he has a monster combine could be a late 1st sleeper..otherwise 2nd or 3rd rounder.

8. cgrec

cgrec Well-Known Member

I saw Murrell mention Cordarelle Patterson earlier, what does everyone think of him?

9. BamaZeus

BamaZeus Member

Good size for a WR, and Tennessee uses him in a variety of ways to get the football in his hands, including kick/punt returns and direct handoffs.

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

So I've been hopping on the Alec Ogletree train. I know people talk about Teo and Jones, but Ogletree is a VERY good player

11. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I finally got an opportunity to watch him in an actual game this year. He is dominating the game as a LDE.

This is only his fourth year of competitive football, fwiw

12. wildaces

wildaces Banned

I think he will go in the first round. Could be the first sterotypical QB taken. I would have no problem reaching for him at any point. I am assuming we will fall around the 12-14th spot.

13. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Bumping this post. I think Collins should be a guy we target. I think he can be a solid pass rusher for us.

[​IMG]
    UCF vs. Southern Miss
    ( Joshua C. Cruey/Orlando Sentinel / October 13, 2012 )

University of Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles (5) loses his helmet as he is sacked by Southern Miss' Jamie Collins (8) during third quarter action of a C-USA football game against Southern Miss at the Brighthouse Networks Stadium on Saturday, October 13, 2012 in Orlando, FL.