2013 NHL general discussion thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Yisman, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Oilers trade M Pajaarvi and 2nd rd pick to STL for F David Perron.

I don't like how high the pick was, but that's the type of player we need. Nice move considering they'd just waste the draft pick on some plug that'd never crack an NHL roster anyway. MacT gutting the team, I like that.

2. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Ilya Kovalchuk retires leaving $77m on the table.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

What a disaster that contract turned out to be. Cost the Devils a ton of money, in addition to the draft picks NHL took (plus a fine).

4. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Wow...I just read a 6.6mil cap hit till 2025
    Edit 250k cap hit for 10yrs

#764 matt robinson 17, Jul 11, 2013
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
  5. matt robinson 17

The cap hit can't be right...

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

7. matt robinson 17

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Dmitry Chesnokov ‏@dchesnokov 6m
    SKA will announce Kovalchuk's signing tomorrow, per @plysenkov, wanted to do it today.

[​IMG]

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I told my buddy this was going to happen. Sad thing is because of this asshole it might be a long time before an NHL team gives another Euro player that much money if ever. I'm still pissed at the Devils for signing this guy. They couldn't sign Parise who was by far and away a much better player because of that contract.

If I'm the Devils I sue him and the team he signs with however I have no idea how the fuck they would ever enforce any ruling being he'll be in Mother Russia.

10. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Not true Barry. One of the many mistruths being bandied out there right now. But they offered Zach the same exact deal he took in Minny.

Many are making the point that if Kovy doesn't come Zach stays. Well if it's not a money thing (which again he signed the same deal elsewhere), what was it? So getting another superstar to help propel you to a cup run makes you...want to leave? It makes no sense.

The truth is Zach knew he was leaving as soon as Minnesota made it clear they had room for both Zach and Suter, and his ass-buddy made the decision he didn't want to come to the east coast. THAT is why as a Devils fan I hate Zach. The whole time he portrayed it as a situation where he desired to win above all else, when what he wanted to do the whole time was go home and play with his best friend. Do what Clarky did at the very least then during the season and shut the fuck up.

In the list of Devils traitors, Kovy is now public enemy number one with Gomez and Zach right behind him.