2013 NBA Playoffs Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by displacedfan, Apr 20, 2013.

1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

We will be back next season,

2. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

If I'm reading right, last time a team when to 4 straight finals was the 82,83,84,85 lakers.

Lakers 87-89 went three times. Then Bulls and Bulls again went 3 each. Then early 00s Lakers went 3 in a row. Then 08-10 Lakers and then this Heat. This is just making 3 finals in a row, not winning.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

The Knicks are following the same short-term blueprint of success that the Heat are. The window is small. NYK may even surge to a ring at some point.

But it will not last.

The Spurs have built contenders for years, but without Pop, I'm concerned about their future. Big time.

4. displacedfan

Lebron needs to retire and play some baseball for a couple year. Knick have little cap room and not dominant enough players right now. They could be good and great but championship caliber means someone unknown raising their game a lot.

5. HAYN

HAYN Well-Known Member

I AM the team.

-'Melo

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

very dumbfounding, indeed.

despite the blowouts, this was probably the best NBA finals since '94 Knicks/Rockets; you just didn't know which way this series was going to go until the every end.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

[youtube]m0HoacU8X0g[/youtube]

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Jesus man! What a waste of another NBA year. I am happy as hell for Lebron, but these fans are already killing me. The streets in Miami are nuts, people hitting pots and pans and shit. "Fans" posting championship pictures on social media networks saying they missed the game, but watched the replays. Missed game 7 LOL

Walk out of the arena before game 6 is over. Miss game 7. What a waste of a fuckin championship

9. displacedfan

What I found funny was when George Karl was fired from Denver, most of the media said "well Karl was stopped by the Spurs and Lakers a lot, no shame in that". Or they said "Denver was always a lower seed when they face teams and lost, when they were a higher seed they made the conference finals" and etc etc. Yet Melo's playoff record in Denver is brought up without ever saying that. You can't separate the two in Denver until they both separated. Melo's team made it past the first round this year, Karl's didn't. Melo's problem is Melo himself and his teammates or lack of it. 2 fold, not just Melo, not just his team.

He's never going to be Lebron, so the team has to built around him differently. You can't have him running point forward. The Thunder learned a similar thing this postseason with Durant. Yeah you can get by with Melo and Durant running point forward but it makes them less efficient, more tired, and less effective.

10. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

No points from bosh miller or allen in game 7 and we still win...

Unbelievable

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Lebron set the scoring record for game 7s with 37.

He is become one of the greatest of greats.

12. deathstar

What was Danny Green doing at the club where the Heat were celebrating?

[​IMG]

13. displacedfan

Went to congratulate Lebron and left? I don't know if he stayed. I didn't see him in any of the party pics or video but I wasn't really looking for him

14. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Heat went to the Mavs celebration... idc honestly, Green alone won us at least 1 game. He struggled in 6 and 7 but he did give us a great effort overall and he has the right to live his life.

15. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Spurs offseason, Neal, Splitter, and Manu are free agents.

IMO, sign Jarret Jack, point blank. Bring him in. Next find a big man....Howard(unlikely)Josh Smith? ehh, Bymum? who knows, KG? yes. If the Spurs could pull in KG id do it. Let him and Duncan team up at the end of their careers.

Despite splitters rough finals, he had a good postseason and will be getting money. The Spurs cant get into a bidding war for him.

Bring Manu back, but for cheap, hes clearly aging and is very injury prone.

16. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's pretty well known that Duncan hates Garnett with a passion.

17. displacedfan

KG has a no trade clause and is under contract. So you would have to trade someone to get KG and that's including like Abyz mentioned, Tim Duncan and KG are not friends, so I don't see that happening.

Then there are rumors that if KG is being traded, he wants to take Pierce with him. I don't see the Spurs making a move and trading their young players for those two older players

18. deathstar

Is that related to that mother's day thing with Duncan shooting free throws?

Thats from years ago I believe...

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

They arent best friends but then again a lot of teamates hate each other. Griffin and CP3 didnt talk for months, Howard and Kobe hate each other. I think Garnett and Duncan could suck it up, but looking at the numbers its unlikely it happens, plus the Spurs are trying to get younger, although they could reload instead of rebuild.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

It depends what the Spurs want to do, go all in for the next 2 years or build around guys like Kawhi and set themselves up for the future. Duncan and Pop wont be around forever, its a tough choice but I trust the Spurs front office on the decision they make.