2013/14 BPL, Gold Cup, WC Qualifying...etc sponsored by nyjunc

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Barry the Baptist, Jul 16, 2013.

1. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

and I took a poll and 100% of the United States prefers soccer over the NFL.

is this the direction you really want to take this discourse? meaningless assertions to defend your position in the absence of evidence.

the fact that you thought your post had enough meaning to even warrant posting reveals all anyone needs to know about you.

you don't defend your arguments with evidence or fact, you just oppose the others persons argument with the tenacity of a 5 year old girl that wants a princess doll and hope to wear your opponent down.

2. JetBlue

then you could find a poll that disputes it. so go find the evidence that supports your claim in this post.

why are you depending on ad hominems and anecdotes rather than actual evidence if the evidence exists?

3. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

I don't need to, this poll is so preposterous w/ no basis for fact that it's asinine to even respond to it. There is no evidence soccer is rapidly increasing popularity. is it becoming more popular? absolutely but again going from nothing to something isn't much, it can only go up.

4. nyjunc

5. JetBlue

nice deflection, but it doesn't address the specific demographic that the polls address -- 12-24 year olds.

it isn't the first time anyone is hearing of it. just because you are ignorant of these things doesn't mean the rest of the country is.

so Hispanic fans don't count as part of the US population?

great, at least you have finally revealed yourself to be the racist we all knew you were.

6. JetBlue

7. nyjunc

yes I am racist! deflect away.

no one else takes polls for 12-24 year olds or should I say 12-24 yr old Hispanics:lol:

8. nyjunc

9. JetBlue

not a deflection, your words minimizing the sports preference of a significant segment of the US population.

yes, nobody polls based on age and race demographics. :lol: this was the first poll of its kind.

you can't possibly be that ignorant. I take that back, one of the major characteristics of racists is ignorance.

10. JetBlue

no, it doesn't tell you much because you aren't smart enough to understand it. enjoy your flat earth.

11. nyjunc

are they legal citizens? do they speak English? are they watching on Univision or ABC/ESPN/FOX? questions that need to be answered.

deflect all you want, your only hope to make the sport popular is to have the Country repopulated and it still doesn't work. Someday when the Nat'l language is Spanish it will rule the Country and that day is coming(maybe not Nat'l language but more people will speak Spanish than English) but we'll be long gone by the time that happens.

No one watches, no one goes to games, no one buys merchandise but other than that it's really taking off!

12. nyjunc

I'm not that smart, only geniuses can be entertained at a ball being kicked back and forth in the middle 3rd of a huge field in btw players pretending like they got shot.

It doesn't tell us much b/c it doesn't discuss how many people they surveyed, who they surveyed or even give us all the #s. It's funny how you ignore all the surveys that show how people don't care but you latch on to a 12-24 yr olds survey as if it is gospel.

13. nyjunc

a little off topic of what we have been discussing but I like arguing w/ shade. It's been a while since I don't really discuss baseball on here anymore but he cracks me up and I like arguing w/ him.

14. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

15. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

More growth:

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2010/08/20100830/This-Weeks-News/Adidas-Ups-MLS-Bet-With-$200M-Deal.aspx

16. nyjunc

Does that say more about Adidas or MLS? Adidas is soccer, isn't it coincidence that they partner up then sales go up?

17. JetBlue

how would adidas finding enough value in MLS to pay to attach their name to MLS say anything about adidas?

obviously MLS benefits from the arrangement, but clearly adidas knows a little something more than you (as we all do) in the value of the agreement and that they will likely profit form it.

18. nyjunc

Soccer players buy anything adidas. Why were people not buying MLS stuff before they joined w/ Adidas? I think it says more about Adidas but either way those are good #s. That tells me much more than a survey.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

junc

You are wrong on this one. And I suggest you don't argue with me on this as I am one of those stupid soccer fans who buys 3 jerseys each year as soon as they are on sale. My teams current agreement is with Nike. 3 years ago it was Adidas and Umbro before that.

The brand doesn't sell jerseys. The team colors are the main motivation in soccer.

20. JetBlue

Team USA - Nike
    Brazil -- Nike
    FC Barcelona - Nike
    Manchester United - Nike

yes, soccer is dependent on adidas. :lol:

more junc ignorance at its best.

or are those just fantasy master license agreements?