2012 Week 7 - New York Jets at New England Patriots Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RutgersJET, Oct 14, 2012.

1. Dirtywater

Dirtywater 2005 Award Winner: Best non-Jets fan poster/Best S

Not sure if you're watching the Pats games, but our secondary is so beyond bad it's actually comical. If you speed it up and play Benny Hill music under it its better.

Basically, here's how you beat us. Chuck the ball in the air. Accuracy needn't matter. You will either catch it, get a PI call or a TD because our safeties are literally 15 feet away. Not good.

2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

That's good because we have Sanchez....

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

:beer: :rofl: :up:

4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ahhh........playing right into Sanchez' hands.

5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I thought about that for a second. I wouldn't be completely surprised if he did though. We gotta have a very good game to win at NE.:pats_suck:

6. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I agree 100%. Usually it's the other team that gets unhinged and makes a ton of mistakes...

It turns out that the Patriots D is one of the youngest in the league. I'm hoping that means that they'll get better by seasons end but right now they are very undisciplined! That also doesn't explain Brady's performance but I think Brady will be focused on Sunday.

7. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

A key to winning will be if Rex has an answer to the hurry up.

8. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Which means the team better be well conditioned.

9. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

Well IMO Game comes down to will the Jets be able to Stop Ridley and Vareen on the Ground, because if they don't the Pats will score at will IMO.

2nd I want remind my fellow Pats fans that last week in the 4th qrtr the Pats had FOUR Rookies playing on D (and may have 5 this week if Hightower is back.), 3 of them in the backfield and BOTH safties were rookies. But I agree best way beat NE is chuck it up, but the Pats also lead the league in Take Aways (+10) so also a chance for an INT.

Game will come down to which D gets more turnovers... I of course like the Pats at Home against a team that is not very good against the run. (and also where Brady can do his hurry up very very well)

10. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Or fake a lot of injuries. Not really classy way to play but could be effective. Get the defense a breather and swap some guys off the field.

11. jetfan1987

jetfan1987 Banned

Tim Tebow is the key to winning this game. Hand the ball to Tebow as much as possible, the Jets will score points. Simple as that.

12. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Agreed. The Pats will absolutely try to run the Jets into the ground. Almost 50% of the time if they have any success

Indeed but that's who's out there.. And Chung has gotten beaten badly as well. Unfortunately, you tend to get more INT's when people throw at you all the time... This is a moment of truth for Sanchez. He has his best recievers out there that can be out there and he has a secondary that makes any QB look good. If he can't do it on Sunday he never will.

YES. I want to see the Jets defenders puking their guts out by the 3rd quarter.

13. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Pick your poison then Brady will throw for 400 yards...

14. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

PatsFan2003,

My point with the rookies comment is simple, with so many rookies out there you have to EXPECT mistakes to happen. As for Chung, he has disappointed IMO so far this year.
    Also the Pats have a LOT of Fumble recoveries as well for TO (I think all 3 Last week were Fumbles.)

The Jets will have a tough time In foxborro, if this was in NY they could neutralize the No Huddle more with noise but not here... BUT God I am dying see a full 60 minute game from the Pats this year.. JUST DYING to see it.

15. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets gotta throw the ball to Hill all day. Get Hill involved and let's see what he's got. If he starts making some big plays it should open up the rest of the offense.

16. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I understand. They had a similar issue last year and by years end, the D were better. Not great but better. I like this D a lot more. I think the front 7 could be very good. It would be nice to see more QB pressure but they need to blitz to do that and the Pats don't like to blitz. So I understand we're in the middle of a season long process.

But the secondary REALLY sux right now and can be exploited maybe even by Mark "I like NY for it's trim but don't like playing football" Sanchez

And I do like the turnovers but it's bear to have to rely on them. They aren't always there when you need them.

17. GoPats

GoPats Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm more cynical but the "well they're rookies" excuse doesn't make me feel better about anything.

On the game-winning TD last week, both safeties and both corners bit on the play-fake and let a guy run by them while up by six points with under 2:00 left in the game. That's not something players learn (and correct) at the pro level. That's something you learn in Pop Warner. It was a bad defensive call, but it still shouldn't have happened.

The only young guy I like in their secondary is Dennard. That kid's got some potential, despite giving up the fade route TD to Edwards last week (which, actually, Mike Pereira said he thought should have been flagged as offensive interference). At this point, I would not be sorry to see them cut ties with pretty much anyone else, including Chung and McCourty, who have both been, IMO, terrible all season long.

If I'm playing the Patriots, I don't care who my QB or WRs are. I'm taking my shots deep. Odds are excellent that you will either end up with a couple of long completions or 40-yard PI calls.

18. PatsFanNH

PatsFanNH New Member

GoPats,

The Corner let him go was suppose be a DEEP cover 2 BOTH Safeties messed up. Unlike you I like:

Denard -- we agree
    Wilson -- he had a nose for the ball and on the hole has not made TOO many mistakes.
    Ebner -- INC. he has not played enough to determine and ONE mistake no matter how costly isnt going make me rush to judgement.
    McCourty -- should be playing safety, and he didnt get burnt at all last week I think? I could be wrong.
    Chung -- Ya we agree he been awful..

Pats have a very PROMISING front 7, and BB have them scary good by the Texans game.

19. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

As far as the Pats are concerned, this season so far has shown that teams that can throw the ball and take advantage of their rookie dominated secondary can at least keep up with Brady, and even out score him.

As far as the Jets are concerned, however, this season so far has shown that the Jets are not one of those teams that can rely on their throwing the ball, and the Pats' secondary might not be tested enough.

Meanwhile it will be interesting to see how Bell and Landry do against Hernandez and Gronk. Yeah the Jets Lb's are part of that picture, as they were last year, meaning not enough in the picture. But I still don't see Bell and Landry as doing much in pass defense. Is Smith going to be back for this game? Otherwise we may see those rookie safeties on the field some against Tom Brady. Shudder.

Cromartie is playing lights out, though. I wonder whther they will avoid him or try and test him.

20. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'm all for the faking injuries tactic, happens all the time I remember the Denver game in 08. That's something right up Belidicks alley.