2012 Week 2 New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

ooh thats a big FAIL. didn't see the other thread. sorry.

2. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

If the Jets move the ball, they win. The Steelers offensive line is a disaster, and they have no running game. Plus, they have several injuries on defense. NYJ 23 PIT 13

3. jilozzo

steelers are gonna pull everything out of their hat to avoid 0-2. look for a few gadget plays early. - to take advantage of the jets relatively young defensive line and slower LB's.

gonna be a real tough game for the jets.

4. Will-I-Am-Not

Will-I-Am-Not Well-Known Member

Shonn Greene needs to come up big. If he plays well, and forces their defense to respect the run, we'll be in very good shape.

5. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

clark and Harrison are expected to play. Troy too. Their D isn't as banged up as their O line and Mendenhall is still questionable.

6. jilozzo

not sure its a disaster and isn't mendenhall coming back?

7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I got 24 17 jets. Im really worried the Steelers will be playing very seriously to avoid 0 and 2. This will be a very hard game.....

8. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

They looked awful on Sunday, granted Denver's D-Line is pretty good and Von Miller is a beast, but Ben got no help. The Jets need to apply the same amount of pressure.

9. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

2 people on the Steelers OL Gilbert and I forget the other guy left the game with injuries but both are expected back for the Jets. Plus DeCastro is out for atleast 8 weeks. Their O line in Denver won't be the same one in Pitt. I don't think their OL is good either way but its not their back ups.

10. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

The Jets have a chance to essentially blow the Steelers season up this Sunday. 0-2 start, the jets would have a 2.5 game lead for wildcard (still early but we would have tiebreaker if it came down to it), on top of that the Steelers are looking at playing the Ravens and Bengals twice, then they have the Giants, Eagles, Cowboys Redskins.

I see the Steelers playing with very high intensity, I like our chances, I had a win marked on the calender for this game before the season started, but this is a huge game for Pittsburgh and they know it. An 0-2 hole isnt easy to come out of.

11. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

very tough game. The steelers will be desperate and their defense will play better than it did on Sunday night. I think the two teams are very evenly matched on a neutral field. I still don't know who this Jets team is yet. I want to see more.

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

That's amusing, but if the Jets run for 200 yards in Pittsburgh, I will eat my hat.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

This will be a more accurate test for the OL. I expect us to bring it defensively and keep us in the game like always, it will come down to the OL giving Chez time.

14. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Tomlin says the #Jets safeties, specifically Landry, brings an awesome demeanor to the D & thinks his energy is infectious thru the team

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    Tomlin says Wildcat is not as obscure as it once was, so you always have to prepare yourself for it about once a month.

Chris Nimbley ‏@Cnimbley
    But Tomlin also says once a month won't be good enough for this game & they'll need to spend more time focusing on it

15. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

Whenever you play in Pitt you have to maximize every opportunity. We have to establish the run or Pitt will dial up the pressure and cause turnovers.

16. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This game will have a LARGE impact on the Jets playoff chase. If we lost to Pittsburgh you can almost guarantee the Jets will only be able to vie for a wildcard spot, and you've already lost the initiative to the Steelers who are very likely to be one of the WC teams.

17. LWC611

LWC611 Member

coupled with the fact that the Jets Steelers game is the national game. Recently the Jets have not played well being the national game during the regular season.

18. Denny

Denny Active Member

The Steelers are a wounded pitbull right now. They need to be shot in the head or they will tear us up. If we give them any confidence they will run us over. They feel they have our number just like we have the Bills number. Make no mistake. Pitt will bring it all to prove a point.

It's time for the Jets to show some of that culture change Rex has promised over the years. Sanchez needs a statement game like never before. He needs to hang with Ben blow for blow because both defenses are gonna be coming strong. Ben always finds a way. Mark needs to as well. I'm just hoping the Jets offense can handle the physicality that's about to be presented to them.

19. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

Jets 20
    Steelers 16

Jets only have one sustained TD drive, the other TD comes off of a Pitt turnover giving the Jets good field position in Steeler territory + field goals.

What I expect to happen is Cromartie on Wallace, Revis on Brown, and Landry to go at Heath Miller's knees as he comes over the middle on 3rd down, I wouldn't be surprised to see him knocked out of the game. I just hope Landry's antics don't cause other teams to do the same to our WRs and TEs, Landry has already knocked Nelson out for the year, and Fred Jackson out for 4 weeks.

20. Viffer98

Viffer98 Member

This. And my other concern is that the Jets are over confident after last Sunday's game. I've always been a Sanchez supporter and I hope Sunday was a taste of things to come but that win was too easy. I can't believe we're that good and Pittsburgh could be a rude awakening if we're not careful.