2012 Week 2 New York Jets vs Pittsburgh Steelers Discussion thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Jeti

Jeti Well-Known Member

Pitts line is abysmal I could see us getting 5 sacks next week with our coverage

Cromartie on Wallace, Revis on Brown and Wilson on Sanders

Maybin/Coples/Wilkerson/Davis should feast

2. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

It was games like this in 09 and 10 we would come up with a victory in convincing fashion. There always going to be that shovel pass to no where in the game because that's typical jets shit. This years Jets have to be great and prove their doubters wrong with their play on the field. I Believe this next game is season Defining one because truly by week 6 the season will either be won or lost!

3. Win4ever

Win4ever New Member

I'm weary of this game for a few reasons.

1) We never really seem to play all that well at their place.

2) Rothelisberger is almost impossible to bring down with just one man, and he moves around well in the pocket, and is a great passer on the run.

3) Their WRs are all extremely fast. Now it doesn't really matter with Revis. But I feel like with Cromartie, he makes up for his shortcomings in coverage with his speed, and if that is negated, he could be vulnerable.

4) Mendenhall- if he plays- is a very good RB, and we seem to have trouble with him on a regular basis as well. I'm really hoping he doesn't play. It's early in the season, rest up.

5) They blitz a high amount of times, which I think confuses Sanchez, and causes mistakes. Now, he looked good today, but he also had a lot of time. I think Sanchez doesn't quite have the blitz recognition skills to quickly figure out where the open WR is when there is a heavy blitz. Manning on the other hand executed it to brilliance today, but he's an all time great at blitz recognition.

I wouldn't get too confident about this game. I think we have an excellent shot, and I'd pick us to win when push comes to shove, but this is a very dangerous game.

4. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

If yesterday proved anything its the value of good coaching and the Steelers have one of the top five coaching staffs in the NFL. Sure they're having personnel issues right now and for that fact the Jets have a good shot to win however the Steelers are going to come hungry and ready to play... this won't be the Bills game x2... if the Jets are going to get the W they'll have to earn it over the full 60 minutes.

5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Getting to 2 and oh would be huge,,,,,winning an afc game would also be huge and getting the Steelers to oh and 2 would be great :beer:

6. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, the problem isn't preparation. One weakness on Jets D is the speed to seal the edge. Slow LB core sandwiched between very good DL & Secondary. If really shifty RB can get through the DL then it's gonna be trouble. Jets D was blown out of the water last year against these kind of RB.

Fortunately, not too many teams have backs like this. There's only so many McFaddens & McCoys to go around. Pitt doesn't have a RB of this type. What they do have though is a QB that can stretch plays for so damn long that eventually something will open or he'll find an opening to run for a few yards.

D-Line needs to minimize how much time Ben can keep this plays live.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

This is definitely going to be an important game for the purposes of the wildcard. You have to assume that BAL and NE are going to win their divisions at this point so taking away a W here sets the Jets up nice.

FTR I'm not saying definitively that NE will win the East... but I'm also not saying otherwise until the Jets prove it. :)

8. feldspar

feldspar Member

I think the Jets should be very concerned about a good Pittsburgh team that lost today.

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

The Steelers O-Line is a mess. And if Mendenhall doesn't play, Ben could be in for a rough afternoon. Just depends what we do on offense.

10. 85inthehall

85inthehall Well-Known Member

Looking at the Steelers from last night - defense is not the same with Clark and Harrison out of the game. Changes how they use Troy, how the pressure, and how they make adjustments. So I am not reading much into the defense from this game. They shouldn't have been tired given the fact that got like an hour break between the 2nd and 4rd quarters.

The offense has issues though - They have weapons to throw the ball to, but their running game is suspect at best and their offensive line did not handle any sort of pressure well at all. The Jets will need to get Ben on the ground, get him uncomfortable, and frustrate him into some mistakes.

11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I definitely did not like the Pitt O-Line last night. I can Landry popping Ben a few times.

12. fish_squisher

fish_squisher Member

Picking the Jets in a lopsided win next week. Steelers look vulnerable to the pass and the run, and our pass rush will smother them.

13. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Burger is so frustrating to play against, his ability to convert 3rd & longs is a f'ing nightmare - every time you think they are going to have to punt he somehow pulls it out of the bag - still they gave up 5 sacks to the Broncos so that is encouraging.

14. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Can't have a let down game here. Can't do it. Need to go into Pittsburgh and win a big game against a team we'll be competing with for playoff position in December. It would be a lot better to start off 3-0 than 2-1, especially with San Francisco, Houston and New England coming up in three of the next four weeks after Week 3's scrimmage against Miami.

15. mrmahon

mrmahon New Member

Something tells me we won't see 48 points next week

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Lmao after being picked to lose, by everyone, ESPN just said, "not a surprise, but the Jets Beat the Jill's"

Not a surprise....

Only to all the experts that picked the Jill's...

17. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

24 will be enough

18. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Rex has 10 years of tape and experience against Pitt. Rex will have his Defense more than ready to rock and roll.

Pitt has almost zilch on the new Jet offense, even after the Bills game. There's a 1000 ways Sparano can surprise Pitt, yes, even with Tebow.

Our D will hold Pitt to 21 or less.

Our new and improved O will score 21 or more.

Result: 21-21 tie.

19. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

The Jets should beat the Steelers. Give Sanchez good protection and he'll cut 'em up.

20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Something tells me we're gonna see a better Pittsburgh team than the one that showed up in MileHigh last night too. I think the Jets will win but not if we allow another 150+ yd running game to the Steelers. The Bronco LB's are a lot faster than ours so our PR will have to step it up in order for us to have a good chance at a win. Its also the Steeler home opener so they just might be a bit jacked especially after a nationally televised loss.