2012 Week 13 - Arizona Cardinals @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

It's not impossible, that's for sure. Stranger things have happened. I'm just not betting on it happening.

2. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

The only ways we DON'T get in at 9-7 are if there are two 10-6 teams or ...

Colts 10-6 / Pitt 9-7 / Cincy 8-8

OR ...

Cincy 10-6 / Pitt 9-7 / Colts 8-8

Every other possible scenario gets a 9-7 Jets team the 6th seed because at 9-7 we would have given the Titans, Chargers and Bills their 8th loss ... and I'm assuming the 5-6 Dolphins won't go 4-1 against the Pats twice, SF, Buffalo and Jax.

The point is ... we really don't need to do much worrying about other games. We need to win one game at a time, starting with AZ, and the rest will most likely work out in our favor. With that said, it's hard to believe we won't stumble somewhere along the way.

EDIT: In fact, even if the Dolphins DID go 4-1, if the one loss was to anyone except SF, they would have 6 AFC losses and be eliminated.

#62 truthbtold, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  3. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

I see a solid 8-8 keeps Rex safe, assures us not getting an impact draft pick. Perfectly mediocre

4. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

And the Jets the stumble along the way will be week 17 against the Bills in a win and your in scenario.

5. deerow84

Yeah, probably.

6. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Sadly, I agree with this assesment

7. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

the road to 9-7, a shitty draft, and woody extending everyone begins

8. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

McElroy is Active as Jets 2nd stringer QB

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Link please

10. dr.velociraptor

dr.velociraptor Tired of BS

If the Jets lose this game do we all agree it's time to start all the young kids, trim the fat, see what we have and who needs to be replaced via free agency and the draft?

I mean even the most die hard homer has to concede the season is over if the Jets lose to the Cardinals.

11. deerow84

I wouldn't be against it...that being said, I doubt it happens. Maybe to some degree they would get more reps but it's not going to be a situation where you see veteran players who are healthy sitting out half the game so that rookies can get a shot. At least I don't think it'll happen. Bottom line is that everyone will be playing for their jobs, including the coaches.

Finishing 8-8 might save their jobs instead of finishing like 5-11 or something like that. So, yeah, don't get your hopes up.

12. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

The Cardinals Defense is the type of defense that Sanchez REALLY struggles against, not that he doesn't struggle against most defenses. But the Cardinals have an aggressive defense that puts a lot of pressure on a QB and that's the worst match up for Sanchez who doesn't respond well to pressure and trick coverages.

At best the Jets finish this season 7-9. But I'm guessing 6-10.

13. laxin

laxin Active Member

Yes it is. Have you seen this team play? They are garbage and dont deserve to win more than two games the rest of this season. This team is trash and we need an overhaul. God, how do some of you people not see the shit that this team puts on the field???

14. ArmandJ

What a great attitude. Shit, you couldn't possibly be any more positive if you tried.

How are you rooting for a team but say garbage like 'they don't deserve to win'? Because of a bad loss? Nevermind the fact that every team in the NFL (minus the Patriots and maybe the Seahawks) had a blow out loss?

15. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

It's not based on one blow out loss, at least from my perspective, but the season as a whole. Take in to consideration that at least 1, and probably 2, of the teams wins this season was a game that really should have been lost, several times, but the Dolphins kept self imploding. The team, by all rights, should be 3-8 instead of 4-7. But a win is a win on the record, but the type of win needs to be taken in to consideration when evaluating the actual team performance.

you might be able to argue that they should have won the first Patriot meeting, but it's just as easy to argue the Patriots should have won, as they did in the end.

The fact is the team isn't very good, it's defense has gotten old and slow and the offense is anemic.

16. laxin

laxin Active Member

Well I would rather see the harsh reality that this organization needs a big turnover than your sunshiner view that this is a team that can make the playoffs. I mean sure, we COULD make the playoffs, yes. There is a scenario in which if this team wins enough games and other teams lose enough games that they can make the playoffs.

Can THIS Jets team make the playoffs? That is something I HIGHLY doubt. Other than that one Patriots game, we have not played a good team well. I certainly do not see a playoff contender.

And as far as them not deserving to win... Rex feeds us the same bullshit that "we had a great week of practice and this team is heading in the right direction" blah blah blah. Tanny certainly doesnt deserve to keep his job and I have zero faith in him leading this franchise and developing a QB. He's given terrible contact after terrible contract, left this team with horrible depth, had countless horrific drafts... Woody does not deserve a great team because he runs this team like a fucking reality show (see how I said "runs this team" because sadly he does influence football decisions meanwhile all he should be doing is writing paychecks).

But "we are in the media business" as he would say.

And one bad loss? Try the 49ers game, both Patriots games (the first one might have been more heartbreaking), the Dolphins game, the Seattle game where our offense put up zero points, ect. Even the Dolphins win was a horrible game that we shouldnt have won because we got outplayed.

17. ArmandJ

The first Patriots game was close, as you said. As was the first Houston game as well, when we needed to drive down the field to win. As for the bad losses, you're right. I honestly wasn't expecting that. However, the best thing to do in that scenario is to move forward and win some games.

As for Tanny, I agree. Short of a meaningful playoff run, he should be fired. Woody and Rex are both doing an alright job to be honest. Tannenbaum has us in the position of getting practice squad players.

I just think that if we go 9-7, it shows that we are an average to above average team (when you add Holmes and Revis). I'd rather see that than the nonsense of tanking for draft picks. You and I both know that you don't really want to see the team lose for an entire month (and neither do I).

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yes, I will immediately concede my hopes for the season if they lose, although I still consider the chances of winning out, slim as is. It could happen though. To beat the Cards we need to RUN RUN RUN.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Are they starting the rookie? RR doth not lose to first year passer

20. BTC

BTC New Member

What do we get when we finish 6-10 like I have been saying since week 5?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.