2012 Week 13 - Arizona Cardinals @ New York Jets Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MurrellMartin, Nov 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

Cardinals 5 - Jets 3

Jets try to take a knee to for OT but, Sanchez get hit backwards by Brandon Moore into the endzone

2. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

16-10 Jets. nuff said.

3. 1968jetsfan

1968jetsfan Well-Known Member

Cardinals 15-3
    Jets have under 200 total yards.

4. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

As bad as Mark Sanchez has been, and as bad as I think he's going to be this Sunday against Arizona, I think Ryan Lindley will be worse and this could be our last opportunity for a win before the eventual known win Week 17 against Buffalo.

Arizona - 10
    Jets - 12

5. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Amen brother. Sign me up for this if they lose.

6. socaljetfan

socaljetfan Active Member

Arizona Cardinals- 13
    New York Jets- 24

7. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Manish wrote an article today about letting Sanchez air it out. No huddle and shit.

Seems to have worked in the past.

8. HighAltitude2423

HighAltitude2423 New Member

Jets - 24
    Cardinals - 10

9. Ryan76

Ryan76 New Member

Cards defense . .... I dont care who they play at qb or center. Sanchez is doomed. Remember the 49er game? Here comes a goose egg from the hipster.

10. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

Mark Sanchez sucks. Any Cardinal QB sucks even more. Jets win.

11. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

Jets 31 Cards 3.

12. CJLang

CJLang Well-Known Member

Jets 9 to 3

13. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

In case anyone cares:

According to the Arizona Cardinals Twitter account, Calais Campbell, their stud DL, will play and Kevin Kolb has been limited in practice. I wouldn't be surprised to see Kolb trot out there Sunday afternoon and make a surprise start, despite them already naming Lindley the starter.

Talk about a desperation game for both teams.

14. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Campbell is good but I think Kolb could actually have a bigger impact. Rex is pretty good at keeping these rookie QB in check. Even if Lindley is the better QB for the rest of the season, I think Kolb gives them the better shot of victory this Sunday.

15. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

GOD NO!

Make Sanchez as invisible as possible. Ride Shonn Greene ... he's been ripping off good runs for weeks now, and actually looked very good against a decent Pats run defense. Mix in enough Powell and McKnight to give them a different look, and take a shot downfield every now and then. Use the Colts game as the blueprint.

JETS 23
    Cardinals 16

EDIT: Just did the math and the numbers don't lie. During their current 7 game losing streak, the Cards have allowed 218 rushes for 962 yards ... 4.4 per carry. But it gets even worse because those numbers include scrambles by the QBs, gimmicky end around plays, and a handful of carries by 3rd stringers. If you look only at the times the opposition lined up with their #1 or #2 guy and handed off ... 171/802 4.7 YPC. We need to put our hands in the gound, grunt and snort, and run it down their throat.

#55 truthbtold, Nov 29, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2012
  16. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Jets 20
    Cards 13

Jets get one defensive or special teams TD and one rushing TD plus a pair of FGs. Cards get on receiving TD off of a CB other than Cro and a pair of FGs.

Sanchez has an early int or fumble lost leading people to throw up their hands and say "here we go again" but then tightens it up and plays pretty solid. Well, for him anyway...so like 55% completion percentage and for fewer yards then we have rushing yards.

17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Jets are going to hype this up...win 4 in a row and lose on the final week of the season to go 8-8 and miss the playoffs and ruin our draft board

18. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Yeah probably. Hell, even if they do win all five and go 9-7 it's not guaranteed they make the playoffs seeing as there are currently eight other AFC teams with more wins than us. Four of those would obviously be division winners but that still leaves four that are currently in a better spot than we are for the WC spot.

Even if we make some baseless assumptions that none of the teams at the same record or worse than us have a chance and that the Dolphins fall off that still leaves us competing with the Colts who have three more wins than us and the Steelers and Bengals who have two more wins than us. All of them are capable to make it to 9-7 or better although, to be fair, I haven't checked their schedules and I'm too lazy to look into who has the tie breakers.

On the one hand I do hope the Jets win on Sunday because they are my team and I always want them to win...but on the other hand if they lose it at least kills that tiny, small piece deep inside that still thinks we have a chance to make the playoffs that will be snuffed out at some point anyway.

19. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

If we go to 9-7, tiebreakers would most likely go to us (assuming a three way tie with Cincy and Pittsburgh). We'd have a conference record of 7-5. Everyone else would have one more AFC loss.

It really isn't that far-fetched.

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I've looked at this very closely and it's pretty much this simple ... as long as only ONE out of Pittsburgh, Indy and Cincy wins 10 games the chances are VERY good that a 9-7 Jets team gets in. In fact, it would be surprising if we didn't get in at 9-7.

If there are two 10-6 teams, we're screwed but there's a good chance that only one of those teams will go 10-6. Alot depends on how all three do on the road this Sunday. The bigger issue is, can we REALLY go 9-7? ...highly unlikely.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.