2012 Week 12 - New England Patriots @ New York Jets Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Nov 18, 2012.

1. The 1985er

The 1985er Well-Known Member

We need to score a td on offense, but a td on defense or special teams is needed as well. if sanchez played like he did in the first meeting, as well as the defense getting pressure on Brady, we will have a great chance to win the game.

Jets- 31
    Pats-24

2. DarkKnightXIII

Is Brady out? Is Belichick out? Is Mark Sanchez still our starting quarterback?

Well then guess what? Regardless of Gronk, we're still huge underdogs on Thursday.

I actually feel like the win over the Rams will hurt us going into this short week game... the Jets play best when everyone is shoveling dirt over them. A false sense of confidence could prove very painful on Thanksgiving night.

Look, it's an "any-given-Sunday" league, but our last game against the Pats was arguably our best played game of the season, not to mention the Pats' worst game of the season.... and the Pats still stole the game. Not optimistic one bit.

3. DemoIsland

DemoIsland Member

I don't get it. A win is a bad thing? So if you could have the JETS do it over, you'd rather them lose that game? Please clarify. They still have their backs up against the wall because this game will determine whether they will have a good shot at the playoffs or not.

I think this is a game the JETS can truly steal.

4. JETSJETSJETS17

JETSJETSJETS17 Well-Known Member

We need to fill the building, with JET fans, on Thursday night. I'll never forget that Pat game in 2009 - it felt as though the Meadowlands were about to crumble.

5. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

I thought the game was going to be close regardless of whether Gronk was in it or not. Of course with Gronk playing my comfort level was higher but the Pats offense will still be pretty damm good.

Hernandez is important of course and whether Mankins and Connelly are healthy because I think the running game is much better with them in it. Both tackles Solder and Vollmer seem healthy and are playing well but I'm not sure about the 2nd string guards. They seem ok against the pass rush but not very good with the run. Of course the Jets have different personnel and perhaps the middle could be exploited if Mankins and Connelly are still out.

I think the Patriots D played better yesterday but I think some of that was something of a fluke and much because of particular matchups against Indy.

I think Talib absolutely makes the secondary better (because they were absolutely pathetic) but how good is uncertain. McCourty at Safety is a good move. The rookie Dennard instead of Arrington who has played like crapola this year at the other CB position.

The Patriots were able to pressure Luck most of the day into making mistakes (and he did). Primarily by blitzing up the middle with Spikes and others. But Mangold is a much better center then whoever was playing for Indy so I'm not sure that will work on Thursday. I think they need to pressure Sanchez as well but may have to do it differently.

#45 PatsFan2003, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

No reason the Jets can hang around or even win this, but you can't make the stupid mistakes the Jets make week in and week out. Clean that up, they can win. And if they do, they could go from dead in the water at (3-6) to potentially playoff bound at (5-6) within 4 days.

7. Jerseyboyisback

Jerseyboyisback New Member

Very true!! Need this win! Who knows what can happen if they did get in playoffs don't think they have a shot to get to superbowl but who knows this team is full of surprises.

8. otrebor1

otrebor1 New Member

It's refreshing to see posts that back the Jets. I was just banned from the NYJETSCHAT site, because I called them on being a bunch of racists. The negativism there is oppressive. Bunch of whiners, and crybabys! They need to figure out that Mark sucks because he sucks, not because he is Mexican! Please stay away from those assholes!

9. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

Honestly, if Mark plays exactly the way he did against the Rams and Patriots (minus the turnovers) we win the game.

We'll win this game and go 5-6. Book it, sig it, whatever.

10. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Well this is it, we win this game we can still sneak into the playoffs. If we lose this game, this season is over. Crazy to believe were still in this position given how crappy we've played.

11. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Don't think we'll win this game, but if we do I'll become a believer that this team can make the playoffs (not like we'll do anything when we get there with Houston and Denver around though).

However, knowing the Jets we'll win this game and lay an egg against Arizona. :rofl:

It's going to be interesting Thursday night.

12. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

The Pats stumbled out of the gate this season, but they seem to have it together now. Belichick's teams are solid on offense, they can plug guys in without much of a misstep. We're gonna have to bring it to pull out a win.

13. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

Yes, but let's not make it sound like, if we somehow do manage to win this game, we are good to go. We would still have a losing record and would still need to (almost definitely) win 4 of our last 5. And while the rest of our games are against teams we are capable of beating, they are probably just as capable of beating us. There's a long way to go, and while the recent historical precedent of the 09 team gives me a sliver of hope, I still don't believe in this quarterback and I still don't think this team is going anywhere. I need to see a lot more.

14. cbman13

cbman13 Well-Known Member

If we win, and that's a big if, we are set up to go 9-7 or 10-6. Not bad for all the turmoil the team has gone through.

15. PatsFan2003

PatsFan2003 Member

Well Peter King just put the Patriots as #1 on his list of top 15 teams, so a Jets Victory is now a lock.

16. JAG

JAG New Member

Absolutely, after being taken to OT at home by the Jets and a long time hated division rival to boot, absolutely a trap game. Jesus

17. Brunell's Debt

Brunell's Debt New Member

It's impossible to overstate how important Gronkowski being out is for the Jets. We just don't have anyone who can cover him, and we never have since he came into the league.

Without Gronk, Landry and Bell are free to do a lot more blitzing which can really open things up on defense. And we all know that making Brady move his feet is the only way to slow down New England's offense.

18. JAG

JAG New Member

Uh examples? For instance? Great insight douchebag

19. MenOverGod

MenOverGod Well-Known Member

Honest mistake. I'm just used to writing Sunday.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Oh I agree 100%. If the Jets can win this game, I think they can definitely gain a lot of confidence. They could look to make a run. It's all about whose hot towards the end of the season. If the defensive line can continue to make plays on passing downs - and we can run the football decently, I can see us making a run. That said, we could easily win this game, lose focus then go into a tailspin. This team is nothing like 09 either. If this team were to make the playoffs given the amount of talent we don't have, I would be very impressed. I'm not counting on anything at this point. Wait and see approach for me.