2012 Week 10 - New York Jets @ Seattle Seahawks Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by mezzavo, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avrus

avrus New Member

I'd say a good place to start would be to remind the defense that they need to wrap up tackles...

2. Bellows1

Bellows1 Well-Known Member

I think Mark will give them all the points they will need to win. 31-12 Seattle.

But the notion of giving us false hope for a playoff run is strong. We could rip off 5 wins, then lose the last 3 in horrible fashion.

3. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Sounds Jet like.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

You cannot predict Jets games this year. They are too inconsistant. They could win 20-0 or lose 20-0 in Seattle and neither result would surprise me. However, when you play like that, you finish 6-10, 7-9 or 8-8 at best.

5. Green Blood

Green Blood Active Member

Same here, our road trip for this year was Seattle. Tickets already paid for...at least it will be a good weekend with our road trip crew....

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

wouldn't it be just like them to beat seattle and then lose to the rams?

i can still remember martz being up by about 28 points and then kicking/recovering an onside kickoff. nothing says respect like
    the other coach featuring his wildcat when you're 3 tds behind and suckchez is having a typical day...oh, wait, that was harbaugh. ........:rofl::shit:

7. RexLuvzSnax

RexLuvzSnax Member

Only way the jets win this is in a 10-7 snoozefest. Jets d needs to step up and mark has to limit turnovers. If the seahawks score more than 14 we're toast.

8. mr nyjet

embarrassed. we still have the same alleged GM, player personnel director, offensive coordinator, qb coach, lb coach ,and the same QB.

if it looks like a duck, quacks, and sinks rapidly under the slightest pressure, it's the jets.

9. mr nyjet

seattle's offense has an off day, but they kick a field goal and score 4 tds off sanchez picks that are quacking while in the air.:shit:

10. MurrellMartin

MurrellMartin Well-Known Member

Which is why I'm sticking with my 8-8 prediction. The ultimate inconsistent record two years in a row and what should have been three out of four (Indy 09).

Freaking Jets.

11. displacedfan

displacedfan Well-Known Member

Oh the great "what should have been argument" because a 5 point lead in the 3rd quarter is an automatic loss for the Jets.

I'm sure the what if Jason Garrett didn't ice his own kicker, Kyle Williams fumbling two punts, refs calling our player giving himself up Giants are kicking themselves about their regular season record last year. And the Green Bay Pakcers they year before are kicking themselves for the what if the refs didn't hand us 2 INTs against the Jets game. It's a part of football.

12. Cidusii

Cidusii Well-Known Member

Gameplan: Run all three downs, and rely on our D to get some points on the board or put us in good enough field position to get field goals. That pass rush is scary when combined with those safeties and physical corners. Our WRs might struggle to gain separation off the line without some serious motioning.

13. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

It's funny how we're moving the ball in chunks a lot more this year but stalling/fucking up in the red zone whereas last year we were great in the RZ just couldn't get there enough.

14. Angelsword

Angelsword New Member

If Russell Wilson plays as bad as Mark Sanchez probably will, (which isn't that much of a stretch) then the Jet's have a decent chance. I don't think Mark will lead them to a win, but a spark on defense, like a Cro pick six could set them up for a W.

15. geomon

geomon Well-Known Member

Jets can't stop the run and Seattle has one of the top rushing offenses in the league. It's academic.

16. jack handy

jack handy Member

sorry if the fins were this strong then they would be undefeated.

17. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

This is probably the season this next 2 games.

18. Greeny

Greeny New Member

This is a tough game to predict. I'd give the edge to Sea. Better D , better running game and home field. One good thing is Sea games are always close. Plus rookie QBs are only 2-9 as favs this year. Although Sea did win today as a fav.

19. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Here's the deal. The next 2 games are the most important of the season. Especially the Seahawks. The reason, the Seahawks beat the Pats and the Pats beat the Rams. We have to win these next 2 games to keep our playoff hopes alive. If we get to 5-5, and the Pats somehow manage to lose to Bills, they will be 6-4 and the game will be for first place in the division, as we'll hold the tiebreaker at that point with common opponents. After that game we play Arizona, another team the Pats lost to. This must be a win as well. After that we control our own destiny. This division is still very much up for grabs. The Pats still have to play the 49ers, Texans and phins twice. It's not even close to over, even though all the beat writers say we are eliminated from the playoffs.

It all begins with the Seahawks. The Jets have extra rest and time to get healthy and prepare for this bout. It's a very winnable game, similar matchup to the phins, but I think phins are actually better. They have tough defense but a weak offense. They have a decent running game but weak passing game and tough running defense, but above average pass defense. It will be another where we will have to rely on the passing game and the Dline will HAVE to apply pressure and stop the run.

20. BillyGreen

BillyGreen Banned

Makes no sense. We kick the hell out of Indy, then Miami kicks the hell out of us, then Indy beats Miami.

You have no idea which team is going to show up from week to week in this league. Might get killed in Seattle, might win 35-3. There's no predictability to the NFL anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.