2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

That said, SD needs a playmaker on D and Mercilus is the best one still on the board. Was tempted to go with OL but in the end Mercilus was better value.

Merriman 2.0?

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Adams was the other guy who exploded his stock up big time in the Senior Bowl and if he answers his questions correctly as to why he had some troubles off the field and continue to flourish, he could be higher than a top 20 pick.

Bears have taken Williams and Carimi recently and while Gabe has looked good, Chris Williams has failed as a tackle(Been a good LG). This was the tidbit that made me do this pick, even over a WR...

According to Pro Football Focus, J'Marcus Webb was the worst full-time starting left tackle in the NFL this season. Webb had a rating of minus-24.7, which ranked 67th among offensive tackles, according to PFF. By contrast, the top-rated offensive tackle, the Phila-delphia Eagles' Jason Peters, had a rating of 27.6.

Mike Tice an O-Line guru and new Bears OC will make sure he gets Adams in the Windy City.

3. laxin

laxin Active Member

Really like the Bears pick, they absolutely need to keep Cutlet upright. Adams’ stock is rising and could even go higher than that.

4. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

adams is interesting to chicago considering they went OT last year with carimi

wow didnt realize their LT was that bad a year ago. I would think WR is the biggest need for them. But LT certainly makes more sense after reading that pft output

5. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

I don't think Carimi can be a LT, not quick enough.

Williams and Webb have failed over that side so they will go for the well and get Adams.

I think CHI goes FA for WR, whether its Bowe/Stevie Johnson/Vincent Jackson.

6. Mambo9

Mambo9 Well-Known Member

I'm just not much of an Upshaw fan... especially that high!

Haha I was about to get Adams :) He's a good fit for Chicago, and with an OL coach as an OC it makes even more sense. Good pick.

BTW I have a feeling come draft day he could be an option for the Jets too...

7. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I don't hate Mike Adams. I was discussing recently, before the Senior Bowl, I thought Adams wasn't worthy of being a Mid/Late Round 1 pick.

Adams is a solid player, but I never saw him play as well this week for the Buckeyes.

I willing to change my mind with more info and Adams played on another level this week.

I've changed my rankings and I have Adams ahead of Jonathan Martin. I'm not as high on Martin as some.

I really wanted an OT for my Chief's pick, Martin and Adams were a slight reach and DeCastro was my BPA.

8. casman02

casman02 New Member

Well my Lions' big board just went to poop

9. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

I think being an "all around OLB" is starting to be thrown around as a bad thing. Again, I guess some go towards the more pessimistic comparison just because he isn't elite in every aspect. You could play that same game for every player eligible for the draft, and you'd wind having no one to select. Not every 1st round pick is gonna be an elite player, but that doesn't mean they won't be a 10 year starter for that team or in the NFL.

Maybe he won't be a 16-20 sack a year player and more of a 9-10 a year kind of OLB. If you take the statistical outliers for his other comparisons, James Harrison and LaMarr Woodley, they are around that same average. Not that he's a lock to replicate those stats, but it is a bit fairer of a comparison physically...

10. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

Thank you MG. This misconception has been thrown around way too often.

11. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I will make the Titans selection if thebrickwall423 doesn't show by 7:17.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Drafting for the Titans is difficult.

I could have went a lot of directions, but went with the player I felt was a good fit.

Went with HighTower and stick him in the middle of their defense.

13. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Very interesting pick. The Titans are probably quite disappointed that all the elite OL prospects are off the board.

CJ1K will likely continue to bitch about his blocking.

14. JohnnyThaJet

Nooooooo! My future Ravens pick is gone. Dammit. Good pick with Hightower the Titans need another LB although I thought they might go OLine, CB, or WR before they'd go ILB.

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I'm not trying to disrepect Coiln McCarthy, but Dont'a is a huge upgrade.

No O-lineman with a good value.

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I was close to taking a DE.

You didn't expect Hightower to last to the end of Rd 1???

17. Sir

Sir New Member

Cincinnati completes its secondary overhaul with Kirkpatrick's teammate, Mark Barron. Barron is the best player available for Cincy that fills a need. Cincy could end up having 3 new players in their secondary next year playing significant roles, thats how bad it was this past year!

I also see more depth and mid round value at two other key positions that Cincy needs to address than there is at Safety. Barron is the only safety worth a first round pick, and arguably might be the only safety worth a second round pick!

18. JohnnyThaJet

I think they need another DE but not in the first, just my opinion.

And hey I'm allowed to be a wishful thinker! Hahaha

19. JohnnyThaJet

Nice pick with Barron he's a good fit with the Bengals . They just gained some big time Bama fans with both Kirkpatrick and Barron on their team .

I actually thought a certain WR that's falling a bit would be am interesting fit with them. Having AJ Gre Green and that kid with Caldwell in the slot would be deadly.

20. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

wonder who brick would have taken had he shown up... i would guess not hightower. Which sucks, because he definately was on my shortlist for the Pack.