2012 TGG 3 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Lamar Miller is a top 20 player, it's just flat stupid that some teams passed on him up until this point. I've been cursing the fact that I chose two teams with stud RBs and gigantic holes elsewhere.

If I were to do a mock today, I'd probably have him going to SEA at #14 actually.

2. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

You also have to think that a lot teams are using 2 backs now and being highly succesful with it. I don't think the Seahawks are that far away but there are some positions they are severly hurting but I understand the reach aspect.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Likewise here with Forte and Shady McCoy....

That being said, KC got a heck of a RB in The Wonder Man(Polk). Some are not in love with him as I am but I really think he's gonna be a good one in the NFL. Did not know WW85 liked him as well.

4. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

According to this draft many CBs, DTs, DEs, and QBs are bound to fall. I think Ill be able to get lucky with my Seattle pick with one of those positions. Miller was more about value, then about need, but either way it should workout well for Seatlle. A two headed monster (if Lynch is retained) will help them compete with the 49ers.

#344 JohnnyThaJet, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  5. Sir

Sir New Member

The bengals war room erupts in anger as Lamar Miller is taken. We were thinking about him at 21.

6. JohnnyThaJet

There are still a few good RBs on the board!

7. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

People seem to like hating on Polk for a rough Senior Bowl week, but he's a really good back. A great build, strong runner with some good open field speed (though not technically a burner). If I had to compare him to anyone it'd be Ray Rice (as someone who saw every game of Ray's college career, 80% of which in person, I feel comfortable with that comment). There were times when people asked what was really that special about Ray in school, but it's simply the fact that he'll just keep going, run after run, turning those 0 yd runs into 4 yds, 4 yd runs into 10 yds, and breaking a few off for 20 or 30.

I should also point out a good friend of mine is the head of draft content for Bleacher Report (/former NFL scout) and said Polk was terrific when he saw him all week.

#347 Green Hurricane, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2012
  8. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I had Lamar Miller stolen in front of me. Miller was a steal in early/mid rd 2.

KC could use another back, TJ's production is down and he may call it a career. While Charles should be back healthy, Polk would be a nice fresh complimentary back.

Charles/Polk/McCluster should be an excellent group to run behind DeCastro.

9. Sir

Sir New Member

There are for sure. Might not be my #1 priority and option anymore however. I like the depth of rb in this draft, miller however has no business in the secon round which is why I would have taken him.

10. JohnnyThaJet

Frankly I was surprised he was there. He should of at least went in the back end of the 1st or early 2nd.

Bengals have a few more needs but I think RB is a solid position to go after. I have a few in mind who should be the pick if there.

11. BakerMaker

Jets pick is coming up very soon, wonder where they go after OLB got addressed. There's a RB around that some might be happy taken by Gang Green. Or do they go for a WR, including one being the son of a Jet?

12. JohnnyThaJet

I certainly hope not, I dont hate that WR but I dont like the value at 47. There are a few OTs Id like to draft, if not one RB that I wouldnt be disappointed in, or a few WRs who could do well on this team although WR value is really up in the air. This draft isnt exactly falling the way the Jets would wish (besides the Upshaw pick).

13. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Right now, the Jet's war room isn't sure who they will pick in Rd 2.

14. JohnnyThaJet

It certainly wont be an easy pick, I dont think its that there arent good players out there, its just there isnt a clear consensus pick on one certain player in round 2 with the draft falling the way it is.

I honestly dont know what to expect, you could go anyone of RB, OT, WR, or ILB.

Its funny, one or two picks different in the 1st and the Jets second is looking a whole lot easier.

15. BakerMaker

Might have to leave my board to someone for PHI....not sure where NDMick is.

Think I can get my pick in(I think its around 9PM) but might play it safe...

16. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

The value of what position(s) I'm looking at is very poor. I hate reaching for a player.

This tells me this draft drops off in talent at around pick 40.

I may have to draft a player and move him to another similar position...we'll see.

17. casman02

casman02 New Member

That leads me to believe we are looking at similar people....damn

18. BakerMaker

The guy I am looking at for Philly I don't think NYJ/WW85 is looking for so you gotta worry on Dallas.

19. JohnnyThaJet

There is one player who would be extremely intriguing. Hes a Dlineman who everyone seems to be forgetting about. Now we dont necessarily need to take a guy like him because its not a huge need but the value is big IMO.

I could see a certain RB going to the Jets I would like, big play guy who also holds some value.

Also, Im not sure what you mean by your last line.

20. JohnnyThaJet

Dallas should either go OLine, DLine (for value), or Safety IMO. There are some nice picks available that I think wont really effect the Jets too much.