2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Really? Dish Network now carries regional sports networks? Since when?

When I bought my first house I went with Satellite/ Dish Network and no sooner was i hooked up, than the YES network began, and only Direct TV picked them up. I felt like the biggest douchebag around because we didn't have Yankee games that year and i had just married into a Yankee family. I had to switch to Direct TV a year after that,

2. greenbeanz

greenbeanz Well-Known Member

my mistake. i had no idea they didnt. that sucks actually. and is dumb on their part. one of if not THE most popular franchise in the sport, in the largest media market in the country, and you dont offer them in their own backyard, nevermind nationwide since they have one of the largest out of town fanbases of any sport.

3. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Yeh true, I look like a horse racing genius to my friends but honestly I have no clue what I'm talking about

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

[youtube]oUIxnOl7DfQ[/youtube]

[youtube]vclwLlVx2d4[/youtube]

#1904 soxxx, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  5. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i can picture mike floundering on a national stage, people will not identify with his talk like we do and will not care for his attitude and he will make new yorkers look like assholes on a national stage.

this may be the best thing that ever happened. and may end up being the beginning of his demise.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Well at least he cant stake the claim to being the first NY show to go national, but I bet he will claim it anyway.

Also this is LOL worthy:
    [youtube]2Dsd2crS50o[/youtube]

#1906 soxxx, Feb 11, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  7. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Just wait until people out in L.A. listen to him talking about Kobe Bryant, it will probably be a riot.

8. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

'i was dare when Kobee first learnt the alley oop. We go back a wayz and have many championships togetha. How many championships do you have Milwaukee? HOW MANY CHAMPIONSHIPS!!!?!!! WE have a lot here in LA..' lol

Fat Mike will be a quick study in making himself a part of other successful franchises, while simultaneously pissing off many other markets.
    I agree with alleycat that the exaggerated accent, talking over his interviewees, and the always right attitude will not translate well. It will unfortunately make New Yorkers look bad, but it will be fun watching his slow TV demise, which has already begun..

9. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I don't think so, Colin Cowherd is national and most people can't stand him. Where Mike will have trouble is identifying with other cities and not being so New Yorkcentric. He can get away with being a grade A douche as long as he knows what he is talking about which is why Colin is good, he's a pompous ass but he's brilliant and funny. Mike , well the jury is still out.

10. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Pretty sure this will not happen. His show will likely be the same.

11. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

One thing that I am interested to see is what happens when the Yankees are playing? In the history of his show, when the Mets were playing on WFAN, he didnt show up for YES. The Yankees are now on WFAN but you have to believe now that the main broadcast will be the TV broadcast. I wonder if FS1 wants him still on, even if he cannot be heard on the radio.

If he is national, people in California dont care whether or not the Yankee game is being called on WFAN which they cant obviously get out there.

12. greenbeanz

I'm gonna guess he wont be on for the sole reason that he doesnt want to give up those off days.

13. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I wonder if FS1 is aware he takes off like 2 months in the summer.

14. greenbeanz

they have to be. you cant sign a deal like that without a 2 month break being agreed upon.

or they could show joe & evan.

15. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

His show is already like that.. He'll just expand upon the teams referenced as he cannot just talk Yankees for the entire show now.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

If his radio show is being simulcast on FS1, I don't see any changes. Boomer & Carton are now on a national channel and they still do a NY-centric show.

Maybe I missed something, though. If Francesser is getting a tv show on FS1 that is separate from the radio show, then he would have to do a national format.

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

WFAN is the one paying Francessa. FS1 isnt the one paying his contract, although WFAN uses the money from FS1 to pay the contract. (Thats why it was nearly guarenteed he would be back on TV one way or another)

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

He is only popular on the national stage with metro area transplants. He's not going to bring in anyone that is not a NY fan so I can't see much new growth. And his football show has gone downhill so fast with the Friday replay's and Nantz instead of Simms that its not going to pull good ratings. Sorry, Fat boy apologists, he is a local NY guy that's an arrogant unlikeable human being and people hate NY'ers to begin with. For me, I don't listen anymore thanks to Sirius/XM. Actually, sports is over for me until baseball so its Stern and music. Screw sports talk, betcha is whinning Met fans already. Now the Jeter sob fest. God help me, how did I once listen to this crap. Free of sports blab once and for all.

19. 3rdAnd15Draw

3rdAnd15Draw Well-Known Member

today's show really was a disgrace, letting these fools talk about Jeters retirement like a family member just died, get a fucking grip. still not worse than satellite radio Stern though, I haven't listened to him since the krock days but I've seen some recent clips on youtube and holy shit he's become such a faggoty old grandma and everything he used to make fun of.

20. 518

518 Member

I subscribe to Sirius as well and NFL radio is a good channel, great commentary and the callers are pretty intelligent and make real points or ask good questions. They don't care about ratings because they already have your money with the subscription so they stick to the NFL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.