2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

This is what he said on Sunday morning:

"Jets can't turn the ball over because you know Brady won't"

2. keepin klecko

keepin klecko Member

I know ths is a football forum but Fat boy has Bobby Orr on today and I was looking forward to the interview.Fat boy is gushing all over him like a 12 year old. Here is an Icon from the NHL and this guy doesn't let him talk. He asks Orr a question and then talks over his answer, just like he does with callers. No one wants to hear Fat boy, they want to hear what Bobby Orr has to say. I'm a big hockey fan, love listening to these guys being interviewed, but this clown ruined it. As usual.

3. Mitch_Dumstein

he's now promoting what he heard from Belishit that Coples pushed Wilkerson on Gostkowski's final field goal

Of course, the fat pig won't bother watching the play in which Coples somehow managed to turn completely around after this alleged push to watch the ball and see if the kick was good or not good, somewhat hard to do if you are actually pushing another player into the backfield.

But then again, why shouldn't the fat slob just repeat a lie from a serial lying cheater

maybe they've shared doughnuts together

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Coples did push Wilkerson, but hey, it wasn't called. That's football - sometimes penalties are called, sometimes they're missed. It's the ebb and flow of the game. The Pats have nothing to complain about, as pointed out numerous times, they have gotten more than their share of calls.

5. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

I turned it on at some point today to hear him threatening some guys who were messing with him on Twitter.

Can anyone elaborate on this?

6. Jersey Joe 67

Jersey Joe 67 Well-Known Member

You're expecting us to believe fatty "shares" his donuts:rofl:

7. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

8. The Uniform Bomber

The Uniform Bomber Spivey's Agent

9. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Wow. I barely listened to him today, but happened to hear the one part about the Jets where he pretty much dismissed their win because of the penalty. First, the penalty was the right call, second there's no guarantee the Patriots would have scored on the next possession, even with the FG miss. I mean what about the penalties in the first half on the Jets? There were tons of them and most affected the game as well. But some people think the final few minutes of the game are the only part that means anything. Then later on (or maybe before that) he's giving the Giants every excuse in the book to turn the season around and still win the division. It's comical how much of a 180 he makes when talking about the Giants to talking about the Jets. Yeah the Giants did awesome against one of the worst in the league with a QB that hasn't played in the system more than 2 days, but the Jets beating the 5-1 Patriots was just a fluke. What a prick.

#1369 Barcs, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  10. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

The Coples push wasn't close to the NE one. The NE one is what they are trying to stop, a player driving another one forward like a freight train. The Jet play is more of a shove then anything, not remotely the same thing. The penalty was all about NE arrogance. They were warned of this and kept doing it. Finally the refs had enough.

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Honestly I hated winning the game that way. I thought we outplayed them, I didn't like the way we played D with a 3 man rush on the Pats drive to tie. I hated the play calls when we were on the outside edge of any NFL kicker. Winning on a penalty that had no impact on the game took some pleasure out of what was a hell of a game.

The other side of it the Pats have been on the receiving end of some of the best breaks the NFL can provide a team over a long period of time. Maybe it's Karma catching up to them and maybe it's Karma catching up to us?

Hopefully there won't be any more games decided by the refs this year. Sadly that's not going to be the case. All things considered we were both lucky and good. That's not a bad thing.

12. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I felt that way as well, exactly. It didnt feel as if we had won at all. But, like any fan, I'll take it

13. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Strange, I felt like it was the biggest win of the year and could be the turning point of our season (exact opposite of last season). Going into the Bengals + Saints stretch at 3-4 could have been disastrous. We still have hope. We are only 1 game out of first and splitting the season series is huge.

On a side note some Giants apologist called into Michael Kay today and was like "Who have the Jets even beat?" The Patriots and Falcons? Hello? And Kay didn't even say it.. I'm glad I only have limited exposure to these shows. I'm pretty sure this is the first winning team that we've beaten since 2010. Falcons aren't a winning team yet, but they will be.

EDIT: scratch that. We beat the Colts in 2012.

#1373 Barcs, Oct 22, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I loved winning that way. No better way to really grind it in than to win on a cheap penalty at the end when there was nothing the Patriots could do in response.

Been on the wrong end of too many questionable calls while playing the Pats over the years. It was past time for them to get nailed like that.

Tuck Rule my ass. The Pats never win a Super Bowl without that call and Belichik is out of town by 2004 at the outside.

15. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Pretty much this.

Its been very satisfying to see the pissing & monaning, Bellichek trying to save face, etc.

The Jets have gotten some good fortune, but its all the result of their own design. We'll never hear that from Francessa, btw. Can you imagine if the tables were turned and Belicheck tipped off the officials. Rex would be run out of town

All in all, Jets have to follow it up with consistent play, and at least one win out of the next two.

16. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

i agree

and we each got away with it once in regulation ... they went to the well one too many times

17. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

18. BleedGreen89

BleedGreen89 Well-Known Member

I cant imagine having such a good job and making such good money, and being such a miserable human being with no sense of humor like Mike

19. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

[youtube]LRlnu9Iimn4[/youtube]

20. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

Sorry

I do not see how you can equate the normal pushing & shoving on the line,
    which the Jets did, with the specific, "drop down , drive your shoulder into the butt of the guy in front of you and push" type of pushing that the Patriots did. One is acceptable. The other is a foul.

Don't fall for Belichek attempt to save face about the Jets tipping off the officials.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.