2012 Fatcesa thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Murrell2878, Feb 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArmandJ

ArmandJ Well-Known Member

You actually made a non SOJ point. I agree with you. However, it's sort of letting Francesca win, and I can see how Woody wouldn't want that after banning him (a couple of years ago, before my time I'm assuming)

2. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

never gets old. i love that gif.

3. major33

major33 Well-Known Member

Not sure what you mean by a non SOJ point. That makes no sense. As for Francesa, I think the people who win are the fans. Also, if you contradict what Mike is saying then it makes him look stupid in the eyes of a lot of the fans. But first, you need to come off as being credible. The longer they wait and let Mike chirp negatively about the team, Idzik and Rex, the harder it will be to have credibility when you're trying to tell the fans that Mike is basically full of shit. That's why if I was Woody or Rex I would be on Mike's show at least once a month and speak directly to the fans. That's a huge mistake, letting the fat man control the message to the fans about your franchise. Also makes it much harder for Mike to say negative stuff all the time because the people who run the team will be on his show to dispute what he's saying. If you only come on once a year then Mike is going to have the upper hand in the interview with the fans because he knows they may never come on his show again or for very long time.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If this was a debate taking place on neutral ground I'd agree with you. It's Francesa's show though and so I don't.

5. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I totally agree with this statement!

I'm the kind of guy that needs to get my message out, regardless of what you think. Instead of refusing to go on Mike's show, I'd be calling the studio asking about the next opportunity to get back on (to refute Mike's assinine horseshit).

You go on the show, take Mike's negative Jets questions and comments, and turn them into positives for your Jets organization. Tell the fucker it's easy for him to criticize from his bully pulpit behind his microphone. Tell him to get off his fat ass and come out to practice if he thinks he can do better than Rex Ryan.

And most of all, tell him New Yorkers deserve better than to be constantly reminded of negative shit about the NY Jets. You're not a Jets fan... we get that. Now how about reporting objectively?

Christ, let me run the Jets PR. In fact, let me run the FO, including the Ticket Sales/PSL Department. I'll fix this shit in a year, I promise.

6. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

If you know how to handle yourself you can go into a hostile environment and win. I think Woody wouldn't let it happen. Sure there is risk you might say something wrong but you also have the opportunity to answer questions instead of letting people make incorrect speculations. Problem is if speculations are correct, you're not going to answer questions truthfully, just want a platform to spin your BS, it would be a mistake to do Tank. Problem with the Jets, they only want the media for the buzz, they don't want to handle difficult, direct questions. Look at how Caldwell handled the media. He got out in front of the Tebow speculation, and shut it down cold with one unambiguous statement "can't imagine a scenario where Tim Tebow is a Jacksonville Jaguar." End of story. Ask the Jets the same question, you can't get a straight answer.

My take is there is a lot of internal dysfunction that prevents someone answering questions straight up.

#926 Jon_Snow, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  7. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

You're wrong about one thing in this comment. Woody Johnson is not the right man to send into this kind of combat.

Totally unprepared, spoon-fed, panty-wiasted, baby bottle-fed, silver-spoon-in-mouth, irrelevent little pile of parrot droppings, incapable of projecting the Jets' positive side because he's such a man of priviledge everyone knows his words are false and fall on deaf ears.

Let someone with true balls address the media and particularly Mike Fatcesa and you'll soon see a change in how we're perceived. Bill Parcells was such a man, but wasn't in the organization for very long. We need another.

8. 74

74 Well-Known Member

So let me get this straight.... you guys want our GM to be spending his time going on the radio to argue with talk show personalities? Who cares about this fat fuck! Anyone with half a brain knows he's a dumb piece of shit. Let the GM do his job and put together a good team and lets hope the owner does his job of shutting the f up.

Yea, thats priceless.

9. HardHitta

HardHitta Well-Known Member

Francesa is full of shit. He hates the jets and the moment he came on the air his fat ass had an axe to grind. The guy hasn't even been on the job one day and Tank was already bashing him, it was fucking embarrassing for a radio show personality to show that type of jealousy and hate towards a franchise/gm. Guy is fucking clown shoes.

10. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I'm not suggesting Woody go on, yeah he wouldn't last 1 minute. I meant Idzik to do the show. But I think Idzik doesn't really have enough power to say what he feels. The whole decisions by consensus talk in his press conference is code for team player, play by the rules, Woody and Rex have input into personnel decision, etc. So he's in no position to go on to Tanks show. He'd have to have the PR guy whispering in his ear before every question.

#930 Jon_Snow, Jan 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2013
  11. Realistic Jets Fan

have to agree with the hitta

idzik, rex and everyone else in florham park have more important things to do than waste time with a fat asshole who will only wait until they leave and then turn around everything they said into something that fills his agenda

you want to talk to someone on the Jets, fatboy ---

Randy Lange or Eric Allen

nobody else

12. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I completely agree with you in principle, but I'm just wondering: Is it possible that you are overestimating the overall importance/significance/impact of Mr Self Important or his show?

Take me, for example. Back in the day, I used to listen to Mike and the Mad dog all of the time. I loved sports and their show was very entertaining. They were passionate and marginally intelligent, at least compared to the average moron. But after Russo left, I just found Mike really hard to identify with. To put it frankly, he's just a really bad person. He's arrogant, elitist, a know-it-all, and worst of all, he's insanely self-important, and as a result, he talks down to and ultimately demeans his callers. He's a prick. And while it is certainly true that he has always been a prick, at least when he was with Russo, there was more of a balance between total asshole and partial asshole. Long story short, I stopped listening to him in early 2011 and I really don't miss his show at all. I sometimes check out this thread and others on other forums like it, just to occasionally laugh at the newest way Francessa embarrassed himself (falling asleep on air, being proven wrong about something he affirmed as unquestionable for 3 hours, etc, etc), but the fact of the matter is, he has become somewhat of a sideshow to me, and certainly no one to be taken seriously.

And I have a hard time believing there aren't others like me. I mean, really, do THAT many people really live and die by what that fat fuck thinks? Or, perhaps more to my point, do THAT many people really allow their thoughts and opinions to be informed by that ego-maniacal jackoff?

13. major33

I wouldn't get combative with Mike. Let him do that. But I also wouldn't let him walk all over me. Whoever comes on needs to have thick skin and just plow through his questions, don't bullshit and be confident in your answers. If you're telling the truth and you come off confident, then there's nothing Mike can say to refute you. Fans can see through bullshit.

14. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

This post needs to be bronzed. I have said this many times
    The Jets are the only team in the NFL where half the population actively hates them. So much so that there is probably no way that a 9-7 Jets team can sneak its way through the Super Bowl like the Giants did twice. As soon as the Jets get close, they'll be so much negativity floating their way, the pressure will get to be too much. (Case in point - Francessa in 2009 & 2010)

The only way the Jets win the SB is by going 14-2 and winning the game 38-7

15. major33

Mike is a jackass especially to Mets and Jets fans. However, he does get a big audience during the day and if the Jets had a better relationship with him, they could get a more positive message out about their franchise. Mike does have a lot of media connections and they all listen to his show. If Woody, Rex and Idzik come on the show a couple times each month, then they can directly answer questions that the fans want to know. Instead, what you have is the media writing the narrative because the Jets are afraid to come out publicly and set the message. They do shit behind the scenes which leaves everything open to interpretation and mixed messages.

Actually it should have been Rex coming on the show once a week or every other week since he is the face of the franchise. I just think a lot of the nonsense from MF could have been avoided if Rex didn't run and hide.

16. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Guys..get a grip.....l

I was in the car for over an hour...no caller, nor mike ever made an observation of the relative worth of a CB relative to the salary cap.

17. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

I agree, the media has they're take, well let's hear the Jet's side of the story. But like I said before the problem is there is some weird in house crap that has to be hidden from the public for one reason or another.

Take the secret wildcat they were planning last preseason. Could Rex come on the show talk about their offensive plans and Tebow's role?

Knowing what we know now. Tebow was a bust from the get go, they had no plans to use him, they weren't designing any special plays for him, and there was no innovative wildcat packages in the works. The owner was pushing a QB to sell tickets on a coach who had no use for him.

Take all that into consideration. Would anyone want to really go on to a radio show and discuss that situation truthfully? How are you going to answer why you brought him in and your plans to use him?

18. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

rex was on with michael kay every week. they are doing radio just not this ass hat because he does not show them any respect

19. Jon_Snow

Jon_Snow New Member

From what I've seen in politics if you want to win an election you have to do all major show interviews. If you only do friendly shows that lob you up softball questions or just let you do your spin uncontested, it shows that you are weak and can't handle criticism.

Bottom line Rex doesn't have to do Tank's show yeah he's a dick, but if the Jets don't send someone on well you're just going to get a one sided dialog. Jets have been fine with that but look where it has got them.

20. Realistic Jets Fan

New country station started up recently

94.7 Nash

No Fatcesss Kay LaGreca Benigno Lupica Cowturd.

Good for your blood pressure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.