2012/13 EPL, La Liga, MLS, Bundesliga, Serie A..etc sponsored by nyjunc

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Barry the Baptist, Aug 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Rossiyskaya Federatsiya.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

those commie bastards!!!!!!!!

3. Johnny English

They should be talking of playing the Qatar WC in an entirely different country. It's a fucking joke that they were awarded the tournament; the WC is a summer tournament. Playing the WC in the northern hemisphere's winter would majorly disrupt all of the world's biggest professional leagues.

4. Johnny English

They're more capitalist than you fuckers these days. Them Ruskies don't do things by halves.

5. Satan

Satan Well-Known Member

plus 1......

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

The leagues could use this to slap some sense into FIFA. It never should have been given to Qatar in the first place. With the shitshow growing in Brazil and the Russian racist fans, their choices have been awful.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

He is a fake Nottingham Forest fan if he doesn't know a player that played in Nottingham in 2011. Good catch.

Yo Joe

Were you lying to me when you said you were a Nottingham Forest fan? :lol:

9. Johnny English

The humour meter on this site is clearly broken.

Findley was not a success at Forest, he was good at running fast but it turns out that he wasn't very good at kicking the round white thing into the big netty thing. We sent him on loan to Millwall (I think) and he was crap there as well. As his performance didn't tally with my assessment of American players (and frankly, as I'd forgotten he'd played for us given his limited appearances) I was making a joke about denying his existence. Sorry that that was a challenge for you.

And Brooklyn, if you knew anything about English football you'd know that there's no such thing as a fake Forest fan. Our performances over the last fifteen years or so since the departure of Frank Clark make the Jets look like a well oiled machine. We're the only former European Cup winners to ever be relegated to the third tier of their domestic league. We're the least glorious team there is; no-one pretends to be a Forest fan, but many might reasonably pretend not to be. It's a burden and a chore, not a source of pride. I support them because I haven't yet found a way not to, and god knows I've tried.

10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

How am I supposed to not be challenged with the response of you never hearing of him? No signs of sarcasm anywhere

11. Johnny English

It can be hard to convey online at times. I did my best; the failing might well be mine.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hey Joe

I feel for your team. And like I said my cousin lived in Nottingham and since 1998 I have been following your team with sympathy. It is true I don't know much though. Chill. Also make your sarcasm a little more clear so we don't fall. Cheers :)

13. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Spain plays Tahiti today in the Confederations Cup. Tahiti has one professional player. Spain is favored by 8 goals.

Looks like Iran was about +350 to win that match.

RE: World Cup locations

Those greedy FIFA bastards. I hate the choices of Rio, Russia, and Qatar.

RE: Findley

I think every English soccer fan would have heard of him, so he was thinking you would know it's sarcasm. Like a Jets fan pretending to not have heard of Vernon Gholston or something.

14. Johnny English

Brazil and Russia are both OK, they're both football powerhouses with huge stadia, large populations and some (although not ideal) infrastructure. I even understand why they wanted to give a World Cup to the Middle East, there's a huge amount of support for the sport there and it's an under-developed market. The World Cup is a global property, not the sole preserve of Western Europe and South America.

I just don't think it has any chance of working, in order to host a WC you need temperatures in which people can actually play football and an infrastructure to enable fans to attend. People will and do travel around the world to watch their teams; giving the WC to a country that has a number of significant human rights concerns and has no ability to provide a World Cup that is accessible to anyone except the very wealthy is completely against what the WC is supposed to be.

We saw what should have been a brilliantly democratising WC in South Africa be used as a tool to implement some major human rights violations, and the Qatar WC is just a rich family's plaything. The only explanation for Qatar winning the right to host it is bribery, because there isn't a single sound commercial or sporting argument.

I think very few English soccer fans will have heard of him, he's a bit of a nobody who couldn't make an impression in a very average Championship side. My sarcasm made sense in my head, but it clearly didn't translate to my written word.

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Indeed, I say...

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

The reason why I hate the choice of Rio is because Rio and the surrounding areas are so dangerous. Same issue for the Olympics. It's not even safe on a daily basis, let alone when you hold an event of the magnitude of the Olympics or the World Cup there.

Qatar is just logistics. I guess they can pay the highest bribes but the world cup there makes no sense on several levels.

17. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Cosmos doing a little preseason tour in England. Games against Leyton Orient, and Watford.

18. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I was thinking of you the other day as I thought you were a Notts County fan but I just realized you were a Forest fan. Sorry for the confusion.

The Asia groups do suck... I hate the idea of intercontinental playoffs though. Take 5 teams from S America. (+ Brazil) 4 Concacaf , 4 Asia, 5 Africa, 12 from Europe and 1 from Oceania. I understand that generally Oceania sucks ass but in Germany the Aussies were respectable and New Zealand didn't embarass themselves in S. Africa. I understand you don't want situations like Tahiti in the Confed Cup but Oceania is still a federation and should be represented just like Angola vs the Dream Team in the 92 Olympics.

19. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

what a game this...Spain vs Brazil.

Brazil just dominating and owning Spain...They have figured them out

20. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

weird to see this happen to Spain but Spanish soccer has not looked good this year on the big stage.

Also the match being in the historic Estádio do Maracanã probably didn't help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.