2011 Week 4 New York Jets at Baltimore Ravens Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Sep 25, 2011.

1. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

in 2 weeks when the jets play the patriots, lets remember how the jets did the last time.

because we should just mark it up as a W according to moron logic in baltimore.

2. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Since it must be true, I'm going to Vegas and putting all my money on the Jets.

3. flynismo

flynismo New Member

So the Jets didn't have the #1 ranked defense in his rookie season? And another damn good defense last season?

And please tell me, who DOES command a game like Manning?

4. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

If Flacco=Manning and Manning<Brady. Stay with me here.

And Sanchez beat Manning and Brady, therefore Sanchez>Gronkowski

5. flynismo

flynismo New Member

Yeah, actually I did expect to win. Not by the margin we did, but I expected the win.

6. flynismo

flynismo New Member

While I got a good laugh from that, it completely avoided the points I brought up. You discredited nothing in my previous post.

7. flynismo

flynismo New Member

First of all, genius, it would be "moronic logic", not "moron logic". If you're going to be a smug cunt, at least do it right.

Secondly, it was not what I said.

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

How is Flacco better than Sanchez? I don't get it. One flat out SUCKS in the playoffs, the other plays fantastic. I would take Sanchez any day of the week.

9. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Impossible. Nothing is greater than or equal to Gronkowski.

10. sbx213

sbx213 New Member

You're dumb.
    So you expect the same thing when two teams meet again? Did you guys expect a loss when you had to play Pittsburgh? Or even a similar score?
    I guess that means Sanchez will have a 100+ qb rating again when we play the Patriots in two weeks.

11. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

I'm more worried about Ed Dickson and Dennis Pitta then the entire Ravens Offense combined.

12. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

So Flynismo, really interesting stat there you had about Sanchez being 10-10 when he throws the ball 30 times.

I was really curious about this kind of information so I decided to do the same thing for Joe Flacco.

In the past four seasons, including playoff games, when Joe Flacco has thrown the ball at least 30 times his record is.......................

12-16

Hmm...............

#212 inSANITy, Sep 30, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2011
  13. inSANITy

inSANITy Banned

Even if you throw out Sanchez and Flacco's rookie seasons

Sanchez is 8-6 when throwing the ball at least 30 times
    Flacco is 12-12 when throwing the ball at least 30 times

I really don't see how any thinks Joe Flacco is a great quarterback. He isn't on the tier below the elites. He is on the third tier with everyone else.

Just to note Sanchez is still only in his third year while Flacco's in his 4th.

14. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

So now there's a new argument? No

You put Flacco in tier 2. No one will agree with that other than Ravens fans who can't break down film.

15. ajax

ajax Well-Known Member

Nonsense. Gronkowski > Manning+Rogers+Brees
    That is all.

16. perfectpackage99

hi

I don't understand why we protect our QB all the time, yah he's had success in the playoffs, but overall Sanchez is a bum.

I Think in 2-3 years we need to go back into the draft and find a new QB, I don't belive this NY honeymoon will end on a positive note for Sanchez.

I Really hope he proves me wrong, but I think if money were involved most of you wouldn't put your money on Sanchez.

#216 perfectpackage99, Sep 30, 2011
  17. nyjetsrule

nyjetsrule Active Member

Why the hell are you and mick having three separate arguments without resolving any of them?

In the post you quoted he's talking about Peyton Manning not being able to win in the playoffs because he couldnt beat Brady, in large part because he never had the defense to slow down Brady.

Then you turn that into a reason Sanchez sucks. did you not read? or legitimately think Mick was talking about Sanchez in the post?

To answer your question, our defense was the reason we made the playoffs the last two years. In 09 (Sanchez's rookie year) the running game is why we made the AFCCG, yes the defense, specifically Revis helped, but without our groundgame keeping our D fresh and opposing offenses on the sideline, we wouldnt have been playing the colts. In 2010 (Sophmore year) Sanchez was the reason we made the AFCCG, he has to make the game winning drive in Indy, then he plays a fantastic game in NE making every throw we had to have, yeah he missed throws he shouldnt have, been when we had to have a play, Sanchez made it. Yes our ground game was important, and our defense played balls to the wall, but we still would have lost both games if Sanchez doesnt step up and play great when it was do-or-die time.

18. stanner

stanner Member

i originally wanted to win this game because i'm a jets fan. now i want to win so flynismo can suck it.

he sounds like a moronic.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Pittsburgh of this year is not the Pittsburgh of recent years.

The Ravens should be able to beat them. Using Pittsburgh as a benchmark is not right.

#219 GQMartin, Sep 30, 2011
  20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Still not conceding Flacco being better than Sanchez.

Flacco has done nothing but underwhelm. He's a cinderella story which ends Kubrick.