2011 Week 14 Other Games Thread

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Yisman, Dec 8, 2011.

1. MikeDevito

MikeDevito Active Member

All we can hope for is ONE GIANT loss.

2. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

On the NFL Network that is all they are talking about. It makes me ill. It is as if nothing else happened in the other 15 games.

3. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

Thats the point. He has limited ability, and is not really an NFL qb, and yet he keeps winning. And he is likable. I get that people who dont like religion will never like him throwing Jesus in their face at every chance he gets. I also get that a lot of people in blue states will not like him either, for similar reasons. But for a large part of this country, the guy is a draw. And if he wins, there will be talk about him. And the way he is winning is pretty spectacular.

Also, when Tebow wins, its that it was his defense, kicker, etc.. But that is the same for every qb. You take the talent away from Rodgers and he is not having one of the greatest years ever.

4. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

As a lifelong Florida fan, and maybe future student, I can't help but root for him. It's unbelievable

5. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Fuck this guy. Marion Barber jacked it all up.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S via TapaTalk

6. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Meanwhile, Palmer throws yet another INT.

7. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Denver D deserves 85-90% of the credit in most games. During this stretch, other than the Minny game, they have been fabulous. Never seen a QB with a 40% something completion percentage whose offense scores between 13-17 most games, gets all this credit.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

I kinda like Tebow just because it makes me laugh when the haters come out in full force when he wins.

9. NJJ_Jersey_Jets

NJJ_Jersey_Jets Well-Known Member

Denver-Pats should be interesting. Fuck, too bad the refs handed them the win today. Tebow could have gotten a chance to help us steal our division

10. Tamba_Trio

Tamba_Trio Active Member

I probably wouldn't mind him if it wasn't for the win against the Jets. I'm petty that way.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

You made the point when you said "he" keeps winning. YOu are right - he is not an NFL QB. I agree he is a nice kid, but I have never ever been one to mix religion and sports. It is just complete BS. And he epitomizes this ridiculous supposed nexus between religion and sports. Does anyone think that the Bears don't have any religious players on that team that were praying to Jesus or God for a win? Does anyone think God really roots for Tebow and makes things happen for the Broncos because he is on that team. If that were the case, would Notre Dame ever lose a game.

And I just cannot take the giving credit to Jesus or God that goes on after every game. Does God dislike Marion Barber? Lovie Smith? Phillip Rivers? Christian (no pun intended) Palmer? I could go on and on.

This Tebow stuff is a fluke. It is like the wildcat in 2008-9. It will not take the NFL defenses long to figure this guy out (The Bears did it today by keeping him in the pocket). He will lead the Broncos to the playoffs, lose the first game to Pittsburgh or Baltimore badly and then next year will come crashing down to earth.

12. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

How in the world did the refs hand them that game? I was watching it, and by far the worst call all game was the roughing penalty that took away the Patriots INT.
    The Pats won because they scored basically every time they touched it, and Santana Moss choked the game away late.

13. AK-JETS4Life

AK-JETS4Life Active Member

Its a fucking team effort, mostly the D.

14. milcus

milcus Well-Known Member

I actually agree with you. I am not a fan of athletes feeling the need to thank Jesus, or any other religious figure, after every play and/or game. Personally, I root for him because in a way he is a bit of an underdog and I like rooting for the underdog. But for a lot of people, his religion is the draw. And its not just constantly talking about Jesus, its the lifestyle (the whole virgin thing, no tattoos, etc..). For a lot of people that factors into it.

Unless he seriously learns to play the position, he will be out of the NFL within 3 years. But for now, he has an "IT" factor that many people in this country can relate to. And if he continues to win, and do so late in the 4th quarter, I think there is nothing wrong with ESPN catering to the tens of millions of people who are enjoying the story, whether because like me they like rooting for the underdog, or because they like the religious Christian kid promoting their religion in a good way...

15. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Ok G-men let's go baby.

16. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

If Dallas beats the Giants tonight, beats Tampa Bay next week, and the Giants lose to Washington next week, I believe that the Giants are eliminated from the playoffs, making the week 16 Jets-Giants game nothing but a bragging rights game for them. That just adds to my hatred of the Giants to root for Dallas tonight.

17. Rex's Sweater Vest

Rex's Sweater Vest Active Member

I love seeing highbrowed people in the media be put to shame, and Tim Tebow winning puts these folks into greater shame than anything. I get so annoyed at failed quarterbacks put on their prophet hat and claim to know that Tebow will fail; seeing them proven wrong and then watching them rationalize it on ESPN is hilarious.

18. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Jacobs hurdles over defender!!!

Pretty bad ass

19. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I swear if Tebow didn't beat us, I would probably be on the bandwagon.

Yikes.

20. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Be careful Eli.