2011 TGG 7 ROUND MOCK DRAFT / Discussions Only

Discussion in 'Draft' started by WW85, Feb 7, 2011.

1. PinPointPenning10

PinPointPenning10 Well-Known Member

Was very happy to grab Kerley with the final pick of the draft. He's a 4-5th round value in my eyes. Great job with the draft everyone, it was a lot of fun.

2. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

This was awesome.

I'm actually a little surprised Fannin was on the board. At 231lbs, he ran a 4.37. I'll take that speed and work with it with the 2nd to last pick in the draft.

3. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

BUFFALO BILLS, BakerMaker

Rd 1 - Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
    Rd 2 - Cameron Heyward, DE, Ohio State
    Rd 3 - Kelvin Sheppard, ILB, LSU
    Rd 4 - Luke Stocker, TE, Tennessee
    Rd 4 - Terrance Toliver, WR, LSU
    Rd 5 - Rashad Carmichael, CB, Virginia Tech
    Rd 6 - Pierre Allen, DE, Nebraska
    Rd 7 - Charles Clay, FB, Tulsa
    Rd 7 - Willie Smith, OT, East Carolina

Really think the Bills did great here, as they should with the 3rd pick to start it off and picking essentially high each round. They get themselves 4 starters on opening Sunday (Clay as FB, Sheppard at ILB, Stocker at TE, Heyward at DE), their 3rd slot WR and nickel corner in Toliver and Rock Carmichael, some projects like Willie Smith and Pierre Allen that may pan out, and of course their franchise player and guy who will be drawing butts in seats(Whether in Buffalo or Toronto) in Cam Newton.

This is the kind of draft Buffalo could use and as a Jets fan, I hope they fail at.

This has been a great draft all around. Took just 1 week to get through it all. Thanks to WW85 for the smooth sailing with the draft.

4. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

Rd 1 - Julio Jones, WR, Bama
    Rd 2 - Christian Ponder, QB, Florida State
    Rd 5 - Brandon Bair, DE, Oregon
    Rd 5 - Markus White DE, Florida State
    Rd 6 - Brandon Fusco, C, Slippery Rock
    Rd 7 - Chris Neild, NT, West Virginia
    Rd 7 - Colin Jones, FS, TCU
    Rd 7 - Mario Fannin, RB, Auburn

Like any Redskins draft, there's not many draft picks and little rhyme or reason why things are done.

They need a new QB. Ponder can run Shanahan's offense. He is mobile, which Shanahan loves. He has an awesome target in J. Jones. That front 7 minus Orakpo and Fletcher is bad. So they get some depth they can develop. The 7th rounders should all contribute a some point in their careers on defense or ST. Fannin has an shot to see time because no Skins RB stays healthy.

They'll go overpay for another FA bust who can't stand playing there.

5. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

If you've seen him play for the last 4 years, you'd understand.

6. NDmick

NDmick Revis Christ

He was that bad?

He had a good combine, I think that'll warrant a team like the skins taking a flyer on him.

7. MagillaGuerilla

He was terrible with fumbles, mostly because he holds it like a QB(he never took to the transition from HS QB to college RB).

In 3 opportunities to become the lead back, he lost out all 3 times and was subsequently switched to Slot WR or H-Back. He's a better passcatcher than runner, he could be an 3rd & long back.

He's a good flyer, but S&C coach Kevin Yoxall has sort of a history of producing combine/pro day eye catchers like Tristan Davis and Carl Stewart...

8. JohnnyThaJet

JohnnyThaJet Active Member

ATLANTA FALCONS, JohnnythaJet

Rd 1 - Justin Houston, DE, Georgia
    Rd 2 - Randall Cobb, WR, Kentucky
    Rd 3 - James Carpenter, OT/G, Alabama
    Rd 4 - Casey Matthews, LB, Oregon
    Rd 5 - Virgil Green, TE, Nevada
    Rd 6 - Da'Rel Scott,RB, Maryland
    Rd 7 - Adrian Taylor, DT, Oklahoma
    Rd 7 - Anthony Gaitor, CB, Florida Int.
    Rd 7 - Jeff Maehl, WR, Oregon

CINCINNATI BENGALS, JohnnythaJet

Rd 1 - AJ Green, WR, Georgia
    Rd 2 - Marcus Cannon, OG/OT, TCU
    Rd 3 - DeAndre McDaniel, S, Clemson
    Rd 4 - Nate Irving, OLB, NC State
    Rd 5 - Dion Lewis, RB, Pitt
    Rd 6 - Tim Barnes, C, Mizzou
    Rd 7 - Greg McElroy, QB, Alabama
    Rd 7 - Henry Hynoski, FB, Pittsburgh

Amazing draft guys. Im really happy to have the opportunity to take part in this. Also thanks to WW hell of a friggin job man, everything was smooth and went extremely well.

Im happy with my drafts, i liked my ATL one actually better then my Bengals draft but maybe because ATL doesn't have as many needs.

Hope there's some sort of discussion thread about each draft or something similar or players undrafted thread soon( Id start either if asked, most likely by tomorrow)

9. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I want to thank everyone for participating in our annual 7 Rd Mock. Thsi mock is a group effort. It's successful because of the dedication of all the GMs.

Every GM that finished this draft will be invited back to the 3 Rd Mock next Jan.

I want to especially thank all the Gms that helped with draft boards....Magilla, Johnny, Baker, thebrick & MBgreen. Didn't mean to leave anyone out.

I will keep the Threads in the sticky section for about a week after the NFL Draft so we can do comparisons.

10. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

DENVER BRONCOS, Green Hurricane

Rd 1 - Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
    Rd 2 - Aaron Williams, CB, Texas
    Rd 2 - Kyle Rudolph, TE, Notre Dame
    Rd 3 - Ryan Williams, RB, Virginia Tech
    Rd 6 - Ricky Elmore, DE, Arizona
    Rd 7 - Armon Binns, WR, Cincinnati

Having those four earlier picks was great, but it did hurt a bit not having anything in Rds 4/5. Nick Fairley was a necessary pick based on value, need, and most importantly the fact that, for me, he was the #1 player in the draft. He's going to be a monster with the skill outside in their new 43. In Rd 2 I feel I pulled in two guys who can step into starting jobs right away, and have 1st round talent despite a few questions. A healthy Rudolph is a top 20 player, so that's a no brainer. As for Aaron Williams, he could slot in to CB or FS depending on how he'd look in imaginary training camp.

Ryan Williams is a monster back, and I was ecstatic to get him. He's got speed, power, vision, anything you can ask for. So he had a shitty year with VT, I don't care, he's a stud. Fox likes having a stable of backs to choose from, and he'll be a great counter punch for Knowshon. Ricky Elmore was a great value as a 6th rounder, especially in that role of situational rusher. He's a high effort guy that will hopefully push Robert Ayers to reach his potential out at his more natural end position (no idea why the Broncos ever really saw him as a rush LB). As for Mr. Binns, he's a stud, I have no clue why he's seen as a late round pick. He's big, ran really well, has sure hands, can go get passes, and has been tremendously productive.

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES, Green Hurricane

Rd 1 - Brandon Harris, CB, Miami
    Rd 2 - Danny Watkins, OG, Baylor
    Rd 3 - Chris Carter, LB, Fresno St
    Rd 4 - Daniel Thomas, RB, Kansas State
    Rd 4 - Joe Lefeged, S, Rutgers
    Rd 5 - Pat Devlin, QB, Delaware
    Rd 5 - Mike Mohammed, LB, California
    Rd 7 - Zach Pianalto, TE, North Carolina
    Rd 7 - Dane Sanzenbacher, WR, Ohio State
    Rd 7 - Ladi Ajiboye, DT, South Carolina

I LOVE this draft. From start to finish, I love everything about it. Brandon Harris is a really good CB, and in my mind a top 12ish player in the class. He's got everything CBs need, speed, quickness, and physicality despite not having great size. Danny Watkins will be starting on my hypothetical offensive line in 2011, at either RG or RT. He's older, but is a tremendously gifted football player. If he was 23, not 26 he goes in the top 15. Chris Carter is an exciting prospect to move back to a 43, and he does what Philly likes, rush the passer. He'll need time to develop, but the Eagles have some guys with starting experience to play ahead of him for a bit.

Dan Thomas was a steal in the 4th, he's a runner with good power and really well rounded skills. Most power backs don't have the receiving skills he does, so he was a must get for that Eagle offense. Joe Lefeged is my Brian Dawkins replacement, smaller safety prospect, but very fast and hits like a truck. I love pairing him with Nate Allen, and can start as a rookie if Quinton Mikell leaves. At QB, I wanted Stanzi, but Devlin is a kid that CAN potentially be a starter. With Kolb likely gone for 2012 picks when the CBA is redone, they'll need a new QB to develop. Mike Mohammed is just a kid I really like, smart tough player to step in at all the LB spots.

Zach Pianalto is the 2nd best TE in the draft talent wise, he's a monster steal in the 7th considering an injury is the only reason he fell. Dane Sanzenbacher was just a great value that late, even though they dont NEED WRs, he just shouldn't have been on the board. Lastly, Ladi Ajiboye is a player that always popped to me watching Carolina play, and he might work nicely as a pocket pushing rusher in a DT rotation.

11. BakerMaker

I feel that Luke Stocker is the 2nd best TE in this draft but to each their own.

But yeah that's quite a load of talent you got with Philly and Denver.

12. Sir

Sir New Member

Doing the forum mock for the first time was a great experience and a lot of fun! Great work to everyone, especially to WW85 for whom none of this would be possible without.

I was overall pretty happy with my Fins mock, wanted to upgrade their offensive talent and definitely feel I did that, besides the QB position.

I'm very thankful for the opportunity to participate and am looking forward to hopefully being invited to participate again some time in the future!

13. BakerMaker

Damn bad timing...Lions get their 7th rounder in 2011 reinstated but they lose their 7th round pick in 2012.

Not that it matters since its the 7th round lol but damn I would have taken McElroy at Pick 205.

14. BakerMaker

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?t=65266

Rehashing this back now that the year's over....if WW85 got what he wanted in real life for NE, that would be scary. Watt AND Reed?!?!?! OMG. Thank god Newton isn't a Bill, would have stopped the Fitzpatrick extension and Newton would have been dangerous for years to come.

15. MagillaGuerilla

I'd feel pretty foolish picking Dareus #1 overall if it weren't for the fact I had Locker delivered to me in the 3rd. As good as MD was, he was no Cam. And I'm still embarrassed with my triple helping of Trojans in succession.

I still like my Packers draft though...

#795 MagillaGuerilla, Feb 4, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2012
  16. BakerMaker

Jake Locker going into round 3 was still the biggest steal of this draft.

That was a hell of a pick MG. I love Locker.

17. BakerMaker

DETROIT LIONS, BakerMaker

Rd 1 - Cameron Jordan, DL, California
    Rd 2 - Stefen Wisniewski, OG/C, Penn St
    Rd 3 - Brandon Burton, CB, Utah
    Rd 4 - K.J. Wright, OLB, Miss St
    Rd 5 - Delone Carter, RB, Syracuse
    Rd 6 - Derek Newton, OT, Arkansas St

Jordan was basically what Fairley was, Wieniewski was pretty good in Oakland year 1 and would have been big for DET possibly replacing Rabach at C moving forward. I don't recall Burton doing anything for the Vikings. KJ Wright was awesome for the Seahawks, he would have been a great OLB piece moving forward. Carter had a nice year in that terrible Colts season and enough to spell Best after he got IR'd and Newton is just a project and body. And if I got McElroy in round 7, he would have been IR'd but hey maybe he can prove to be a legit backup if and when Stafford gets hurt again!

The Bills draft was ehh....Newton kicks ass, Heyward was OKAY as a Steeler and Sheppard as a Bill(Woo) had his moments, including getting some starts.

18. MagillaGuerilla

:)

Not that I was the biggest Locker fan, but I wasn't gonna let him fall any longer. The Titans did right by basically giving him a "redshirt", although I think he could have had an impact in Carolina his rookie year if they brought him along the same way they did Cam.

Working with Shula and Weinke, 2 TE offense, keeping Steve Smith, and have certain option packages for him. Locker doesn't have Cam's accuracy though, not that Cam is Chad Pennington out there.