2011 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by CodeGreen, Jan 13, 2011.

1. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Bama has to have someone to help fend off the likes of Clowney, Freak, Rasco, Dukes, etc... in the near future :)

2. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Also not that this can't change in a year. But since signing day LSU has picked up 4 more comits for next years class

3. GotThatGreene

GotThatGreene New Member

Mr Electric (don't know how to quote yet), don't forgot we signed the younger Jefferys as well should be fun to watch. Not to mention Martay Mattox ..we should run one hell of a wildcat with Mattox

Sry I have a youtube video that i tried to post with him but I can't post it until I reach 10 posts So just go on youtube and type in ..Martay Mattox "The next big name in Ga Football" to see his highlight reel

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I've seen plenty of Martay Mattox clips - I heard he might end up playing defensive back like Stephon Gilmore. Tanner McEvoy is the only quarterback in 2011's class.

Shamier Jeffery probably won't be as good as Alshon, but he'll be a nice replacement on the outside down the road - I think he'll redshirt in 2011.

The best current commit is defensive tackle Kelcy Quarles. He's a guy that should start and have an impact immediately. (*notice I said current, because things will change if Clowney becomes a Gamecock)

5. GotThatGreene

GotThatGreene New Member

I could see him playing defensive back, he's an all around freak. I've heard that some think Shamier is the better athlete of the 2 brothers but Alshon is a beast so we'll see how that turns out. Quarles will be good. We need a big guy to replace Ajiboye in the middle

6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Well I'm happy with UCFs recruiting class, ranked 39th in the nation, #1 of the non-AQ schools (Notre Dame and TCU excluded. TCU has the BCS tag for recruiting now). And UCFs David Kelly is one of the top recruiters in the country, again.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/recruiting/football/news/story?id=6104801

7. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

I can't wait for CJ Johnson and the other linebackers Nutt picked up to make a difference for Ole Miss' defense. This team is a QB away from being competitive. Watch out.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

You said the same thing when Jeremiah Masoli transferred to Ole Miss.

Ole Miss will never make any noise in the SEC.

9. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Looks like Clowney will announce his decision in about 15 minutes on Sportscenter

10. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Clowney's a Cock.

11. casman02

casman02 New Member

woot 3 years in a row USC should have one of the top freshman in the country

12. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...one of the best defensive lines in the country just got better.

13. Coach K

Coach K New Member

Fisher finally has my Noles back on track. *fingers crossed* Stoops better not leave for a HC after this year.

14. MagillaGuerilla

My condolences...

15. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Whatever, I'm still very pleased with LSU's class, Clowney would have been awesome but I still think our class is going to dominate. On to spring practice. I still dont see USC as a major SEC contender for the next year or two.

16. Sir

Sir New Member

Congrats to Mr. Electric and any other Gamecock fan on Clowney.

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I hope you realize that LSU never, ever had a shot at him.

What are you smoking?

The SEC East is Carolina's to lose.

Garcia, Lattimore, and Jeffery are all returning. The offensive line needs to be restructured, but the talent's there.

The defense is going to be one of the best in the country. With Clowney now on the roster, Carolina has arguably the best defensive end tandem in the world: Devin Taylor and Jadeveon Clowney are going to crush.

#77 Mr Electric, Feb 14, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2011
  18. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Yes, I knew we were never the finalist

I was referring to the whole SEC, your right the SEC east is yours to loose and after last year you guys should be even better this year. However, that being said the winner of the SEC will likely come out of the West

19. MagillaGuerilla

Damn straight!

20. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

....South Carolina is absolutely a contender, and I would argue a National Championship contender. I bet they enter the season in the top 12 area. They have experienced talent all over the field, as well as a favorable SEC schedule (If there is one haha). They have Auburn and Florida at home......At Georgia, AT Arkansas and At Mississippi State....No LSU or Alabama this season. Like always though, the SEC can and will get crazy. Nice to see Clowney stay home and go to his favorite team growing up.....he should make a Marcus Lattimore type impact across from Taylor