2011 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by CodeGreen, Jan 13, 2011.

1. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Brent Calloway back with Bama...Guess Rivals will have to give him his 5th star back

2. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

Top OT Cyrus Kouandjio picks Auburn over heavy favorite Bama.

I don't know what to say, the surrounding circumstances makes me suspicious, not as a Bama fan either...

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Dabo Swinney doing what he does best. Nabbed three 5* kids from Florida... the state only had Seven 5* to begin with.

4. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

4* DT Gabe Wright just called out Nick Fairley with his commitment to Auburn, with "Nick who?" written on his hat. They asked if he was calling out Nick Saban, and Wright responded with "100% aimed at Fairley."

5. MagillaGuerilla

Things really got interesting, looks like Cyrus won't sign today, 2nd thoughts?

#45 MagillaGuerilla, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  6. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Definitely sounds like it.

7. MagillaGuerilla

Yikes, this tweet doesn't sound good:

"AndrewBone: Well guys I just spoke with Kristen. She said she does not expect Cyrus to sign his letter of intent today. He told her after the announcement he has "big doubts" about his decision and feels like he made the wrong choice. "

FYI Bone is a Bama Scout.com writer, Kristen is an Auburn Scout.com writer...

8. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

This might be one of Nutt's best recruiting years ever. We got 8 of the top 15 in state prospects, Miss Stake only got 3, the rest went to Bummer and Barn. No 5 stars, but plenty of 4 stars and 3 stars. Stars aint shit anyway. I'd look for the Rebels to be a significant threat over the next few seasons, starting this year unless they pull another QB transfer out of the PAC 10's ass.

9. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ci6sbd-SyI[/youtube]

Stole him from Bama, he went to South Panola which is as close to a college as you can get in high school. Hope we've got someone legit to throw to him.

10. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I'm super excited about LSU's class. I cant remember a class in recent history with this many instate prospects. I think a total of like 5 of the 23 players are out of state. Freak Johnson is going to be such a monster at DT and Jarvis Landry should be a great WR. Hopefully Jeremy Hill can get his legal troubles out of the way and get his letter in. This is an awesome class

11. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

I really like Miami's class, especially when you factor in that most of these kids weren't even recruited by the walking pile of ineptitude that is Randy Shannon. Golden came in, laid out a plan, and pulled a bunch of kids that can really play football.

Anthony Chickillo is the stud of the class, but Jalen Grimble, Dallas Crawford, and Kevin Grooms all look like impact guys. I think what I like most about the class is the fact that he went after certain positions hard and pulled in the guys he wanted. Denzel Perryman is a kid that should have been in the fold from Day One, he's just a violent player that looks an awful lot like Vilma/Beason. 3 corners, 4 linebackers, 4 D Linemen, I love it.

I'm still hoping that Jacoby Brissett will sign on, especially because I'm pretty certain that Tom Savage will also be here by spring practice. One OL and two receivers seem like laying off the offensive talent, but the backfield is already crazy deep, and the few receiver reaches they went after stayed on the WC. Plus, if Xavier Grimble transfers (from USC, #1 TE last year and Jalen's cousin), they'll be set at tight end for years.

Also, the Canes took Eddie Johnson from UCF, which makes me laugh.

#51 Green Hurricane, Feb 2, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2011
  12. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Yeah that sucked. Once he ended his visit early to go visit Miami, we knew he wasnt coming here. Miami came in with a late offer.

13. CatoTheElder

CatoTheElder 2009 Comeback Poster of the Year

14. GotThatGreene

GotThatGreene New Member

First post here, I know its not much but Im a student at South Carolina. Rumor here on campus is that Clowney is gonna choose here. I know being a gamecock, everyone on campus is going to be bias about the topic, but apparently Clowney and Marcus Lattimore have been extremely close friends for years. He was also at a party that one of my friends had here and was claiming that he's coming to USC. However it was a party at USC so I'm sure he wouldn't tell us he was going to Alabama.

February 14th ... CANT WAIT!

#54 GotThatGreene, Feb 4, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2011
  15. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

^ Go Cocks!

16. GotThatGreene

GotThatGreene New Member

haha Mr. Electric I like the enthusiasm. We got a pretty good recruiting class coming in so far. Hopefully Clowney thinks so as well. He was actually here at Williams Bryce Stadium when we Rolled over the Tide!

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm pretty excited about the incoming class, especially the defensive tackles: Kelcy Quarles and Phillip Dukes.

With all of the undersized linebackers on Carolina's roster, these guys are really going to help out.

If Clowney commits, we're going to have one of best defensive lines in the country.

Devin Taylor, Kelcy Quarles, Melvin Ingram, Phillip Dukes, and Jadeveon Clowney

The receiving corps is also going to be dirty - Ace Sanders and Damiere Byrd in the slot with Alshon outside. Garcia has a lot of weapons again, hopefully he doesn't suck balls.

18. MagillaGuerilla

After committing to Auburn on live TV, top OT/man beast Cyrus Kouandjio faxed his LOI to Alabama after 2nd thoughts!

19. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

I was really pulling for him to go to New Mexico

20. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Same here...