2011 Recruiting Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by CodeGreen, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

My boy Golden is pulling a prett good class despite the late start. Not a bunch of big stars, but he's getting kids that weren't even considering Miami a month ago. I expect big things when he gets a a full year and not just thirty days.

2. deathstar

deathstar Well-Known Member

:up:

some stuff here.

3. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Looking at the remaining prospects left, I think when its all said and done Florida State is going to have the best recruiting class in the nation. I mean you always have to consider Saban a favorite but FSU is finalists for so many of the best players left, they have to come away with some of them

4. Green Hurricane

Almost forgot, St. Peter's Prep (NJ) stud RB Savon Huggins is going to announce his decision today, probably between RU and UNC. I have some media contacts from school so I think I'll be able to get in for it. As an alum I hope it's RU, but I would never count out Butch.

ALSO, Miami keeps pulling unexpected guys out of the woodwork. Keep an eye on the Grimble kid from Las Vegas, because if he comes he could be bringing his cousin Xavier Grimble (current Trojan and #1 TE in the nation last year) with him.

#24 Green Hurricane, Jan 28, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2011
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

It's official. Savon Huggins is a Scarlet Knight. RU's class now has Four 4 star players and awaiting word on another in Marquise Wright who is down to RU and MSU.

This class has a chance to be Top 25 nationally.

6. NYJetsfan56

NYJetsfan56 Member

Savon Huggins' press conference was awesome.

7. Green Hurricane

Yeah, I was able to get in. I started clapping when he brought the unc hat out, but he okie doked to RU.

8. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

make that 3 4stars for RU. josue matias officially switched to fsu.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

That's some bullshit - especially after he said that he wanted to play with Savon Huggins.

Hopefully Huggins remains loyal.

10. Jam.

Jam. Banned

I know no one cares, but FIU has a damn good recruiting class coming in this year. We've been able to snag a surprising amount of 3* from the bigger schools around, and we have a large amount of 2*s coming in as well.

One of our later commits is this beast, who I believe may be a 4 star (!!). His size is definitely small (6'1"), but I was wondering what you guys thought? Seems like he could be a beast in the Sun Belt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAmGWPBjis

(BTW How do I embed a video directly into the forum?)

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

It looks like Miami will land dual-threat QB Jacoby Brissett.

Al Golden's backup plan at the position, Marcus McDade, gave his verbal to Fresno State last night. McDade didn't qualify last season, so he went to prep school and got his grades in order.

He's been waiting for an offer from Miami for weeks and it never came...that leads me to believe Brissett is going to be a Cane.

12. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Too bad, it would've been awesome if a guy named McDade went to Miami. (Dade County)

13. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Not sure where King is rated a 4*, he's a 5.4 2* according to Rivals. FIU did just add Giovani Francois, who is a pretty highly rated 3*. Nice to see him make the commitment, even after FIU lost Coach Collins.

Youtube: Take the youtube link and place in between [youtube] [/youtube*] (remove the *.)
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STAmGWPBjis[/youtube]

#33 vinsjets, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  14. Jam.

Jam. Banned

Hm...I guess one of the guys at the FIU forum I go to got a little over-zealous, he said "I can see why he isn't a five star, for starters he needs to improve his technique and also a needs to hit the weight room. To me is a solid 4 star, at the worst a 3"

Thank you for the youtube tip!

(BTW UCF is going down next year :smile:)

15. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Al Golden cut ties with Jeremy Davis (a 2010 commit, had to go attend prep school though) early this year, looks like he's now committed to UCF. Very nice addition to this recruiting class for the Knights.

-Anthony Denham (3* WR) , my top goal at WR has committed to Utah. Thats unfortunate.
    -Leilon Willingham (4* LB), who has been considered a Michigan lock, looks like he's reconsidering that deal. He'll announce tomorrow night between Michigan and UCF. I'm hearing it's a wrap to UCF since his boy Rayshon Williams just committed to here this weekend. Rayshon is Brandon Marshalls cousin.
    -The pride of Louisville right now, DaMarcus Smith, seems to be wavering on his commitment to Charlie Strong. Their is a lot of pressure for him to stay local, and many message board people are already hating on the kid for thinking of leaving. He had initially planned on enrolling to Louisville in January, but clearly that didn't happen. I believe Louisville already knows he won't be faxing anything in tomorrow.

#35 vinsjets, Feb 1, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2011
  16. Green Hurricane

Davis appears to be a jerk. He got mad because Golden wasn't as high on him as Shannon (who liked to promise guys that they'd start no matter what), and he jumped in a blaze of glory, calling out the new staff. He's a fairly talented kid, but will probably do better at a school where he can get on the field earlier like UCF.

17. JetsNation06

It's official! Rutgers has their best recruiting class ever as 4 star Paramus Catholic standout Marquise Wright will announce he's going to be a Scarlet Knight today.

RU still has a very outside shot at 4 star DE Delvon Simmons whose down to Rutgers, USC and Oregon.

18. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Ah Timmy Jernigan goes to FSU, hoping he would come to LSU

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Clemson's class is ridiculous.

Tony Steward committed about an hour.

USC will silence the Tiger fans when Jadeveon Clowney commits on February 14th.

20. JetsNation06

Delvon Simmons commits to UNC. All in all still the best RU class ever.