2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. GreenprideNy

GreenprideNy Banned

youtube.com/watch?v=_ZUlfS20h9

I think we kep who we needed to keep on the team and added a little bit of talent too i just hope sanchez performs well .

2. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

agree, Fitzgerald is awesome

3. Franchize

Franchize Well-Known Member

:rofl: I know it's just pre-season but c'mon. He can't cover.

You're very correct. It's obvious why though. They've got Gronkowski! That guy pisses excellence!

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Drew Coleman has no business starting in this league, but he was the perfect rotational defensive back in Rex Ryan's scheme.

He shouldn't be covering an outside receiver. That's just not his game.

5. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta
    #Jets announce they have signed S Tracy Wilson (UDFA) and claimed T Nevin McCaskill off waiver from Steelers. #nyj

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Wilson could turn out to be a nice pick up. I have no idea why he decided to leave early for the supplemental draft (maybe grades?), but he stood out the few times I watched Northern Illinois play.

I believe he played a lot of corner at NIU.

He's got good size too: 6'2 205

Wasn't McCaskill on the Jets for a while a few years back? Maybe their hoping he can fill Rob Turner's spot until he comes back.

#3706 Mr Electric, Aug 24, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2011
  7. ........

........ Trolls

Here and a dozen other teams. I don't think he's even made it through a full season on a practice squad and he's 4 or 5 years in.

8. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/6906080/dallas-cowboys-cut-pro-bowl-center-andre-gurode

Agent: Cowboys cut Andre Gurode

Andre Gurode is a Cowboy no more.

Unable to reach an agreement on a re-worked contract over the last two days, the Dallas Cowboys decided to part ways with the five-time Pro Bowl center, completing an overhaul of the offensive line that started after the lockout ended when they cut right guard Leonard Davis and right tackle Marc Colombo.

Agent Kennard McGuire confirmed the move in an email to The Associated Press on Monday.

Gurode, a second-round pick in 2002, had been the longest-tenured member of the team. He was scheduled to make $5.5 million in 2011 and was signed through 2012. He started 122 games in his nine seasons and turned into a Pro Bowler after moving from guard to center in 2006.

Gurode, 32, had a slow start to training camp because of a knee surgery in June, which allowed Phil Costa to get the first-team snaps for the first two-plus weeks of training camp. Even after Gurode returned, Costa continued to get some work with the No. 1 offense.

With Gurode gone, the Cowboys likely will go with Costa as their starting center, which is a gamble considering Costa was an undrafted free agent a year ago and is battling a sprained posterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. The Cowboys hope Costa will be available for the Sept. 11 season opener at the New York Jets.

Only left tackle Doug Free will return to the same position he played last year with Kyle Kosier moving to right guard to help in the development of rookie first-round pick Tyron Smith, who will start at right tackle. Seventh rounder Bill Nagy appears to be in the lead for the left guard spot. Undrafted rookie Kevin Kowalski started vs. Minnesota on Saturday with Gurode kept out of the lineup by the team and Costa hurt.

Worth a look?

9. Vorrecht

Vorrecht Active Member

Thought they were going to release Guns of the Patriots (Brandon Meriweather).

10. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

A lot of players have been and should be cut this week.

The Jets will have plenty of chances to build depth in certain areas - preferably offensive line.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Keep an eye on this Tracy Wilson kid tonight. He had a chance to be a third or fourth rounder in 2012's draft if he stayed in school.

He's a very good run defender at safety.

I still have no idea why he decided to enter the Supplemental draft.

12. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

TheJetsStream Manish Mehta

#Jets are $10.7M under the cap RT @ProFootballTalk Updated team-by-team salary cap space, as of August 29 bit.ly/pm1XiC #nyj

looks like the jets are waiting for vets to be cut, and pick off some players? or perhaps extend some of our own, move some future $$ into this year?

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

A lot of quality depth is being cut loose around this league.

Baltimore just released Tavares Gooden. I think we're set at ILB with Bellore and Mauga, but I'd rather have Gooden over Berning (if the staff is really thinking about keeping him).

14. Johnny English

Johnny English Well-Known Member

Do you think the FO is seriously considering any pickup other than OL depth though?

15. Wides

Wides Banned

On a sadder note, Pizza the Hutt was found dead earlier today in the back seat of his stretched limo. Evidently, the notorious gangster became locked in his car and ate himself to death.

#3715 Wides, Sep 3, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  16. MBGreen

MBGreen Banned

Newsman: this is your second account. How long should I ban you for?

more news @ 8. stay tuned.

17. MagillaGuerilla

MagillaGuerilla New Member

What's better than 1 Gronkowski?

Two Gronkowski! Both Chris and Dan were released today. Sign them, make the team captains against New England.

Also some pretty good 34 depth was released too with Igor Olshanky, Marcus Harrison, and Ogemdi Nwagbuo.

And Draft board favorite Aldrick Robinson also got his pink slip today...

18. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

What would be better would be three, Rob included.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Leave no stone unturned.

The front office will look to improve depth at every position if given the opportunity.

20. rholt168

rholt168 Active Member

Weatherford won the Giants job. I guess Dodge is done.