2011 New York Jets Free Agency Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mr Electric, Jul 19, 2011.

1. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

So basically the only guys we've signed today were Donald Strickland and Eric Smith? Hey at least we had millions of dollars of cap room to fit them in comfortably...

2. jerseyjay14

jerseyjay14 Well-Known Member

yeah... with all that restructuring and releasing guys, its too bad we couldnt fit brodney pools monster contract in under the cap. interested to see what pool signs for. 79, maybe 80 million?

3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Me too. Think it's just the Jets being smart.

After last year being my first on the board, I realized I was an overly emotional posting dick who posted before thinking, especially in the game thread. Trying to sit back and take a minute before doing that so much. :grin:

4. talisaynon

talisaynon Well-Known Member

Patience, friends. Patience.

5. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

I gotta think Tanny is gonna do what he needs to do to sign Cro, even at the expense of overpaying.

I think with him, we are instant SB contenders again. Without him, we are in the hunt, but need a lot of guys to have breakout years.

6. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Ill be sick if we pay Cro 10 Million. 8 Million is the max he deserves. hopefully the teams in the race pay him down and start off low so he realizes he isnt worth that much.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Cro is good, but he has a habit of giving up big plays and creating PI's too

8. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

What did Joseph get? Should Cro get more or less?

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

He gives up big plays and makes big plays. He rescued Rex and Tanny from Media hell by returning that kickoff in the Colts game. On the flip side tho he did give up that big TD to Garcon altho Pool was to blame to.

That big interception week 1 almost won us the game till Greene fumbled it lmao...

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

he will probably get about the same.more or less

11. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Cromartie was pretty fuckin' good for us. Considering zero passrush and how nobody was throwing at Revis, he was solid. Yeah, a ton of penalties and shitty tackling, but him as your #2 CB isn't anything to complain about.

The only issue is the salary. It will be interesting to see what he gets, $10m/per is too much to pay your #2 CB. I definitely want him back on this team, though.

12. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

5 years $48.75 million, with $23.5 million guaranteed.
    Cromartie probably can argue he deserves more, they are the same age (Cro is 1 day older) and Cromartie has more career INTs Pro-bowls etc.

Personally I think Joseph is the better player, but Cromartie is a KR/PR as well so money should be the same or better, especially with a decent drop in the quality left at CB and SF having money to spend.

13. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Oh that's why the mods put a red star over your name..............hahahah

Game threads are why post counts are so damn high. Shit you can get 100 posts in a game thread easy, more if you fuck with everyone.

14. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

I'd be pretty disappointed if we don't sign Cro, I just don't feel like there's any reason not to.

15. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

I think contract wise they should be on par. You never know what runs through a guys head with 9 kids with 8 different women other than " I got a boner".

I honestly do not know who I would rather have. I am not familiar enough with Joseph's tackling ability/toughness. I do know he can cover as well.

16. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Roe, dat corna on da Raidas signed with da Eagles. It gave me a bona. So if you want to make love, I'm ready.

17. Cellar-door

Cellar-door Active Member

My reasoning is this: JJ has better YPA numbers than Cro and is very consistent with them, Cro is more explosive, but when he's bad he's really bad (see 2008 when he was maybe the worst starting corner in the league) Cro has 3 inches on him, and is a better leaper so he can go get jump balls with the premiere WRs, but Joseph is much better on shifty guys and guys who run routes well. Joseph is a good tackler not great and has a history of injuries, Cro is a Deion Sandersesque tackler, but stays healthy.

18. slimjasi

slimjasi Well-Known Member

I still think we end up with Cro resigned and Randy Moss (Plax is going to Pitt)

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I want Cromartie too. What corners are left besides him?

20. dcm1602

dcm1602 Member

Rogers, Carlos

His name hasnt been mentioned anywhere this offseason. And he is quite available

Pretty sure Fabian Washington is out there

Sheppard, Lito

possibly Carr, Brandon (RFA)

going off nfl.com which isnt exactly incredibly updated