2011 Fatcesa thread (Jets related only) - Revis owns fatty on 10/21/2011

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vajet69

vajet69 New Member

Done on purpose and follows up with an anti Rex call

2. JoeWillie130

JoeWillie130 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Bringing in these big name diva receivers is not the way to get the best out of your young quarterback. It hinders him from becoming the leader of the team he needs to be. Especially a guy who played in a great offense and won a super bowl.

Once Shockey got hurt and eventually left, Eli took off. Lets stay away from these guys going forward. It looks like we are stuck with Santonio but bring back Braylon and/or draft some receivers.

Cinncinati also did the right thing by getting rid of Owens and Cinco to ease the pressure of Dalton. Unfortunately we dont have the luxury of drafting a guy like green to grow with our QB but there is some good talent at receiver in this draft.

3. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

Just confirmed on the show that Norv Turner is staying put in San Diego.So we can forget that option for OC!

4. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Francesa is convinced Manning is getting cut, he said its going to be the most interesting free agent negotiations in the history of sports.

I hope the Colts cut Manning just for the sake we play the Colts next season. Could we get Manning? that would be a plus.

5. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

"I dont think Manning would want to play for the Jets because of the cold weather".

The Jets and 49ers seem like the most obvious options because they have Super Bowl team outside of the QB. All the other top teams like the Falcons, Lions, Steelers, Ravens are already set at QB postition.

Would Manning go to a mess of a team like the Phins or the Seahawks? not sure. Definately will be interesting tho.

6. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

I'm a bit confused, because everything I had heard and read during the season was that Bill Polian was leaning toward wanting to release Manning and draft Luck, but that Irsay felt some loyalty to Manning and wanted to keep him and trade the pick.

So, when Polian was fired, I figured that would be the end of the Manning talk. But, if anything it seems to have escalated.

7. Roger Vick

Roger Vick Banned

Any interview I've seen with any of the Mannings (Peyton, Eli, or Archie) where Rex's name comes up, it's always been pretty obvious to me that they can't stand him. I don't think cold weather, or playing in the same city as Eli, or being in the same division as Tom Brady have anything to do with it. I don't think Peyton would even consider playing for Rex Ryan, no matter what the Jets offered him.

8. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I dont think Peyton has a problem with Rex. Rex praises Peyton all the time.

I think Peyton was mad when the Colts benched the starters, but that was his own coaches fault, not Rex's

9. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Francessa just said his contract ends after Super Bowl 48 in NY. He said he might ride off into the sunset.

10. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

I heard him today, by accident. I thought he was still on vacay. Should've known better.

Thing is, even if he's on point, he's so venomous, it takes away his credibility.
    I try not to listen anymore. I get the sense Jets' fans aren't listening so much either.

11. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

The Jets have a SB team outside of QB??? Really?

And outside of QB, the O-line, safety, ILB, WR, lacking a pass rusher, etc..

Don't point to 2009 and 2010, they are different teams. This year has a lot of holes, hence 8-8, no wins over any team with a winning record, and no playoffs.

SB outside of QB? WTF?

12. Bill Belichdouche

Bill Belichdouche Well-Known Member

so if the jets win super bowl 48, he won't ever have to publicly give the jets credit for winning the super bowl. that would be so fitting.

13. Jetsetter

Jetsetter Active Member

14. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

Jesus fucking Christ this fat piece of shit makes 5 mil a year?

15. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Why not? Just look at all the fools on this site alone that keep supporting him.

16. biggundewayne63

biggundewayne63 Active Member

tanny comin on at 5

17. OverloadBlitz

OverloadBlitz Well-Known Member

*Crosses fingers for a new OC announcement*

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Really? Didn't think anybody from the Jets org was ever going to go on with him again after the Revis fiasco.

That could be a train wreck.

19. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Tannenbaum can't formulate a straight thought without stuttering and pausing.

Francesa is going to have a field day here. lol.

20. Barcs

Barcs Banned

What you don't see is that Manning would bring so much to the team, that it would cancel out a lot of that. Obviously we still need to beef of the oline and draft a WR, but the rest is petty compared to having one of the best QBs to ever play the game in his prime. If Manning puts up 30-40 points a game we don't need a perfect defense and regardless, we don't need a pass rusher. That was the biggest myth of last season, and I don't wanna hear that nonsense anymore. I do feel we should stick with Sanchez and fix the actual issues, but Manning would negate a large portion of them.

#3360 Barcs, Jan 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.