2011 Fatcesa thread (Jets related only) - Revis owns fatty on 10/21/2011

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LoyalJetsFan, Mar 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

I love how he hangs up on all the callers, and its fine. But when Revis hangs up on him its not ok.

Guy is so 2faced.

2. sg3

sg3 Banned

the official FANGOLOID position on this is that it was ALL the Jets PR guys fault. If he hadn't gotten involved, Revis would have just answered the question and then they would have moved on

Somers spewed that one out as soon as he got started and so did one of the moron update losers.

Of course Revis HAD answered the question approximately 9 times saying it wasn't pass interference and the Fat Dumb pile of blubber was still badgering him demanding that he admit he "got away with one"

I'm sure the official FANGOLOID position will be repeated when Schmooze returns after the Devils hockey game nobody gives a crap about and then by a succession of Maloosis, Sominex Neer and every other FANGOLOID host until Monday at 1 when the ALL KNOWING EMPEROR OF SPORTS waddles back into the studio

3. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

In a normal interview, the interviewer asks the question, and the interviewee answers the question.

In a Francesca interview, the questioner asks a question and keeps asking the same question repeatedly until the interviewee either answers differently or ends the interview.

How disrespectful would it be to ask derek jeter repeatedly if he caught a break when the fan obviously reached over the fence and interfered with the homerun play?

I don't think that was ever "debated" by francesca...

Now you have Revis Island on his way to a hall of fame career, being interrogated by a hasbeen football expert... That's classless, rude, and also a slap on the face for the defensive player of the week. The nfl just rewarded Revis and his solid play and you have a so called unbiased reporter doubting the validity of his play.

How abt the bs penalties we get called on us weekly? He claims they don't make a difference, every play makes a difference! One penalty can cause a defense to stay on the field longer, can change a teams momentum, change the whole outlook of the game!

Bottom line:
    A- Marshall slips
    B- Marshall ran the wrong pattern
    C- Marshall actually runs into Revis.
    D- Revis keeps Marshall upright, but kept his eyes on the ball.
    E- Revis catches the ball and takes it to the house while a miami lineman does a summersault in excitement.

#2023 azhar80, Oct 21, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2011
  4. James Calvin

James Calvin Banned

They're covering this on NFL network too.

5. PatPatriot

PatPatriot Member

If Revis just laughed it off and acknowledged that it might have been holding(whether he thought so or not), they could have moved on. Having a PR guy tell him to hang up wasn't the way to go either. It's a terrible PR move. That will just give Francessa more to shit on the Jets about.

It's funny how when MF was praising Revis as the best defensive player in the NFL, his opinion was good. But, when he started to criticize him all the sudden MF needed to play football in order to have an opinion.

6. sg3

sg3 Banned

so according to Pat Patriot troll, Revis should have acknowledged that he "might have been holding" even though he didn't think so and the officials didn't think so and just about all the experts other than Gruden, Fatso and YOU didn't think so just so that he could stop the badgering from the fat dumb turd and cause him to finally shut up?

Maybe not in Foxboro, but some players like Revis have integrity and stick to their beliefs

7. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

They were ok at first from what I heard. But Francessa kept egging Revis on. He just couldn't let it go.

8. sg3

sg3 Banned

clearly one of the worst jobs of interviewing in the history of sports talk radio

Hopefully, he never sees another NY Jet within speaking distance of his microphone

9. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Revis owned Francesa. What a piece of shit that guy is.

10. sg3

sg3 Banned

and unfortunately from what I am hearing elsewhere in the media, the official memo from FANGOLOID CENTRAL is not going to be followed pretty much anywhere but on 660

Even Rich Cimini, normally not the proest of Jet beat writer guys said that Fatso was demolished by Revis

11. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Listening to it again as I do not listen to his show or any show anymore for that matter. BUt damn mike, you just kept harping on one fucking play. He claims Marshall was falling forward because Revis pulled him. Bullshit, the guy was falling forward as Revis tried to explain. The defender has a right to the ball just as much as the receiver.

12. sg3

sg3 Banned

Fatso achieved his goal for this, unfortunately

He took an interview with the best defensive player in the NFL and turned it into something ALL ABOUT FATSO

which is pretty much his goal in EVERY INTERVIEW and EVERY CALL on EVERY SHOW

13. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

Is there any other sports town in the USA where the #1 rated sports talk host so actively and repeatedly hates on a hometown team? I'd like to know. Francesca's entire show now is based on two things - his unabashed love for all things Yankees and his blind hatred of all things Jets. Thank God for Sirius/XM radio and national ESPN broadcasts, the NFL network, the NHL network and broadcasts of games for my ride to and from work. I can't stand listening to the local jerks, from Carton to Beningo to Kaye to Francesca. Give me intelligent sports talk and analysis, not tabloid reporting, soap opera BS, and non stop baseball (yawwwnnnnn) from January to October.

14. All Star

All Star Active Member

I fail to see anywhere how Revis owned Francesca...all I saw was too babies arguing about stupid crap.

This wasn't excatly Revis's finest moment.

15. Hemi

Hemi Well-Known Member

Revis is a baby? WTF?

16. CodeGreen

CodeGreen Active Member

Bravo to Revis, ballin on and off the field

17. Pereiro16

Pereiro16 Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

18. Skicats

Skicats Well-Known Member

Any, and all ideas on how to get rid of Fatty will be taken into consideration.

19. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Revis hangs up on WFAN's Francesa By BRIAN COSTELLO Last Updated: 6:22 PM, October 21, 2011 The relationship between the Jets and talk show host Mike Francesa took another hit Friday when cornerback Darrelle Revis ended up hanging up on the WFAN host. The interview turned ugly after Francesa said Revis committed pass interference against Dolphins receiver Brandon Marshall last week before Revis intercepted a Matt Moore pass and returned it 100 yards for a touchdown. The two argued for a few minutes before a Jets media relations staffer got on the line and told Revis to hang up. Here is the transcript of the argument (as close as I could get with them sometimes talking over each other), starting after Francesa asked Revis about the play. Hat tip to SI.com’s Jimmy Traina for the link to the interview:
    Darrelle Revis: The rules are very strict, they’re very tough. The refs do a great job, you know, if they see it they’ll throw the flag. If they don’t, they don’t. The game is going so fast so fast out there. But I didn’t mug Brandon Marshall. No, no, no.
    Mike Francesa: You have him by … you go back.
    DR: No I don’t. I watched the film.
    MF: I want you to come in this studio with me when you have a chance … DR: No.
    MF: … and I will donate anything to your best charity if you tell me you don’t have him by the jersey 10 yards down the field.
    DR: No. First of all, if you know football and you watch the film you can see he was tripping …
    MR: [Laughing loudly]
    DR: … and that was the only thing I could do is put my hands [inaudible]. Then when I see the ball, I move him out of the way, push him out of the way to get the interception. That’s not mugging him.
    MF: Oh, that’s how you had his jersey. He fell into you.
    DR: So you know football, dog?
    MF: [Laughing loudly]
    DR: You know football or you know how to ask questions?
    MF: Hey, you can say whatever you want. You know you can’t touch him like that down the field.
    DR: Do you know football or are you good at interviewing?
    MF: I’m both.
    DR: No, no you’re not. You’re good at one, and I’m good at one.
    MF: You’re very good at one, but I know what I’m watching here. You know …
    DR: You’re very good at one, too.
    MF: You know you can’t touch him like that.
    DR: Just keep it at that Mike.
    MF: Listen, I will donate whatever you want … if you try to squirm out of this one.
    DR: I don’t need no donations. I don’t need no donations, trust me.
    MF: You know … hey listen, you can say whatever you want … wait you want to go on the record and say that’s not a penalty.
    DR: A penalty? I can say whatever I want to say (voice raised). It’s not a penalty.
    MF: Not a penalty?
    DR: Did the ref throw the flag?
    MF: No.
    DR: OK then. It’s not a penalty
    MF: He’s not allowed to miss one?
    DR: It’s not a penalty. Just like the ref don’t throw the flag when he pushes off of me. I mean this is a game, brother. What are you talking about?
    MF: I didn’t say you didn’t get away with one.
    DR: There’s a number of things that go on on that field that you have no clue. But you know football.
    MF: Wait a second. Aren’t you allowed to get away with one, though?
    DR: There’s a whole bunch of things that go on on the field that you have no clue. So, what are you trying to say? Did they throw the flag? No they didn’t.
    MF: No, they did not throw a flag.
    DR: OK, so the play is the play.
    MF: That doesn’t mean you didn’t get away with one.
    DR: The play was the play. Actually, the ball was behind him anyway. He was nowhere in sight to catch the ball. So, what are you talking about? The ball was thrown way behind him. I had to move him out of the way to catch the ball.
    MF: You are still the only one in the world who doesn’t think that was a penalty including the guys …
    DR: I don’t care. I don’t care what everybody thinks. I don’t care what you think. I don’t care.
    MF: Listen, I don’t expect you to care. It’s over with.
    DR: I watched the film. You good at interviewing. I’m good at what I do. Just leave it at that.
    MF: Wait a second, you trying to tell me that just because you’re a corner and I’m not that I can’t say that was a penalty. Now, come on.
    DR: Dude, why because you got a radio station?
    MF: No.
    DR: Because you have an influential voice out here that you can say what you want to say?
    MF: Yeah, that’s OK. I’m allowed to have an opinion.
    DR: OK. That’s your opinion. Have you ever been out on that field?
    MF: That doesn’t matter. That’s not fair.
    DR: [inaudible]
    MF: Hey, did Jon Gruden say that was a penalty?
    DR: I don’t care who said it. Jon Gruden, you, whoever. I don’t care.
    MF. Wait a second, so no one can have a …ared Winley: Darrelle, Darrelle, stop.
    MF: Who’s that talking?W: This is Jared Winley, from the Jets PR staff.
    DR: This is why no one wants to get interviewed by you.
    MF: Oh stop. Wait a second. What are you getting on there for?
    DR: Whatever, dude.W: Darrelle, hang up.
    MF: What is he hanging up for? Winley released a statement through the Jets later Friday afternoon. It read: "In my judgment, given the tone of the interview, I should have asked Mike to move on to another topic, instead of instructing Darrelle to hang up the phone. That was an error on my part. I’ve called Mike’s producer and I apologized." The Jets and Francesa have had a complicated relationship for some time. The host has not hidden his disdain for the Jets or Rex Ryan over the past two years. The feud heated up during the playoffs after the 2009 season when Francesa bashed the Jets for backing into the playoffs. During those playoffs the Jets only did radio interviews on 1050 ESPN, their flagship station and WFAN’s chief competitor. Francesa took that as a personal slight and has taken cheap shots at theets since. The team and Francesa made some peace this summer when he visited training camp in Florham Park and interviewed Ryan, Revis and other prominent Jets. The current strained relationship is much different than the cozy one he enjoyed with the team when his buddy Bill Parcells was the head coach. The dustup will not change the Jets’ interview policy toward WFAN, a team spokesman said. They will still schedule occasional interviews with their players on the station.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't really understand the fascination you guys have with Francesa at this point. It must be the other sports he covers. I kind of peripherally listened to Mike and The Mad Dog periodically during the Herm years because the Mad Dog was just pretty funny to listen too when he was raving about another guy who was pretty funny to listen to on his own. Francesa was just like his leash-holder in those days and I put up with him because watching him crack the leash on the Mad Dog was pretty funny at times too.

Now I don't follow any other sports at this point aside from NCAA football and so Francesa just holds no interest for me. He's kind of an arrogant self-obsessive type who is very rarely happy about anything and never funny and so he's not remotely entertaining to watch.

He reminds me of the 60 year old neighbor that I used to be able to have a conversation over the fence with but who has become angry and morose over the years and is just a drag now. Part of that angry, morose thing with the neighbor is that he's withdrawn also and I almost never see him any more. Unfortunately Francesa is still on display because he has to be, even though the fun is probably all gone for him at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.