2011 Around the Majors Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by devilonthetownhallroof, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

yep, one of the top SPs in baseball this season. Best in the West, ahead of Lincecum, Vogelsong, Hudson, Kennedy, and Chacin.

His low K numbers vs. SD are puzzling. SD strikes out more than any other team, and it's not even close.

His previous start against them was 9 IP, 4 K.

This time: 9 IP, 5 K, and two came on the final two outs of the game.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

He struggled more than usual with his control most of the game. The numbers reflect that in the BB/K area but you'd never know if from going 9 with 1 run allowed. When he's completely on he mows down about 10 in 7-8 innings, especially at night at Dodger Stadium when that thick air settles in.

PS--Your avatar is still the best. I have that pic saved, good for a laugh every time.

3. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Derek Lowe hit his first career homer tonight.

4. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

Wow, I would have thought he'd have a couple by now. He's been in the NL for a while.

5. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Charlie Manuel takes Cliff Lee out of the game 1 out away from the CGSO, effectively fucking over my fantasy squad. Fuck.

That would have been Cliff Lee's 6th CGSO of the season. Amazing.

6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

it was the right move given the situation

and re: lowe

I was also very surprised. He's been around a long time and pitched a number of years in the national league.

7. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Aussie Shane Lindsay serving up batting practice to the Tigers. 16-0 Detroit now after a 7 run inning.

8. IATA

IATA Trolls

god damn Diamondbacks have an amazing staff.

9. Italian Seafood

I knew he never hit one in LA. He did hook up with a FOX LA chick, ending both of their marriages, his first year on the team.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I never heard about it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Derek_Lowe

On August 3, 2005, FSN West in Los Angeles announced that Carolyn Hughes, anchor of the network's Dodger Dugout show covering the Dodgers, had been suspended pending an investigation into a potential relationship between her and Lowe. Shortly thereafter, Lowe filed for divorce from his wife of seven years, Trinka Lowe, with whom he fathered two children. Hughes's husband had also filed for divorce. In the aftermath, Hughes ended her broadcasting career, while she and Lowe continued their relationship. The two were married on December 13, 2008 at The Henry Ford in Dearborn, Michigan.

11. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Strasburg was dynamite in his return tonight.

12. steves850

steves850 Active Member

This makes me happy, I like to see him and the Nationals franchise succeed.

13. Italian Seafood

That was her, if I remember right she was a former Miss Texas and typical hot Fox chick.

I had it on in the car on XM with the Nats broadcast, the announcers were pissing me off. I can understand their excitement to a point but it was over the top every time he struck someone out. Luckily a long rain delay got us into the Washington bullpen and hilarity ensued, Dodgers won 7-3.

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

well strasburg was going to be limited to 60-70 pitches so they couldn't avoid several innings of the bad bullpen

the dodgers teed off again on the Nats' bullpen today.

15. Italian Seafood

Yeah, I was actually hoping they would get that second game in. Probably one of the few people who were.

16. Italian Seafood

Kershaw got his 19th win last night. Had a 1-hitter through 5, hit a guy to start the 6th and got tossed. There were words exchanged the previous night and the ump had a quick trigger, Mattingly came out and he got tossed, too. Luckily the pen held on for 4 innings and the Dodgers won 3-2, it was 2-0 when Kershaw came out.

Looks like he'll have at least two more starts to try and get the 20th win.

17. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Melky went 4/5 yesterday with a homer and a double.

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/gametracker/recap/MLB_20110915_CHW@KC

Cabrera's four-hit game matched a career high and his double in the sixth was his 40th as an outfielder -- he has one as a DH. The Royals are the first team in major league history to have three outfielders with 40 or more doubles. Alex Gordon and Jeff Francoeur both have 45.

"When you look at our outfield offensively, the first time in the history of the game three outfielders have 40-plus doubles and add that to the fact that the same outfield is leading all of baseball in assists (with 50), they are a pretty special group," Royals manager Ned Yost said.

"The three outfielders have been the cornerstone of our team. They are the veteran guys. They provide all the leadership. They provide a big chunk of the offense and a big chunk of the defense."

Cabrera raised his average to .303.

"Melky has been a huge addition," Butler said. "The way he played tonight was unbelievable. That's the way he's been all year. He's been very consistent. You can pretty much look at any game and he's made a difference for us offensively."

18. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

The A's 2012 schedule is highlighted by the annual Bay Bridge series against the Giants, as well as two visits each from the Yankees and Red Sox. By placing a deposit on a 2012 Fielder's Choice plan, you have the opportunity to include ALL of these games in your package. In addition, you will receive an A's authentic gold jersey for the player of your choice! By securing an A's ticket plan, you're guaranteed to lock in a discounted rate in the best seats for all the biggest games. Lock in and save today!

19. IATA

IATA Trolls

Can I get a A's gold jersey of Rollie Fingers?

20. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I don't know. It wasn't made clear to me if it was only for active players.