2010 Mike Fatcesa Thread (Jets related only) Admits he is anti-Jets on 8/10/10

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Murrell2878, Mar 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That was my exact game plan. Nice job

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ahhh no. 1050 is the home of the Jets and Mike's only competition is 1050. SNY is the home of the Jets and his only competition on TV from 5-6:30. The Jets always played it down the middle until late last year when he started bashing the Jets for winning against the Colts which made it clear that it was personal with him. I am sure over time, Rex who does not take shit from anyone, and even Woody, were made aware how he bashed the win and our defense and we shut it down except for Mr. T. Well, after the last 2 days, its gotten even worse, especially Friday's bashing/mocking of us with the Giants owner. If I was the Jets owner, I would fire anyone who appeared on his show. I am guessing this is what happended and Mike knows it because Mr. T, his only connection to the Jets, did not appear on his show for the draft for the first time ever. EXCELLENT. Mike, when the Giants are 2-6, and the Jets are 6-2, and every Jet fan is listening to 1050, I hope Giant fans turn off the radio and your ratings sink you fat, bitter, jealous, arrogant, hateful bastard of a human being. And I only watched today to observe the how he would handle it and I was not dissapointed. First time since middle of December. 1050 is much better, even in the early afternoon. Seth Everett is also very good on Saturday, he talks football, unlike Evan, who is a 3 hr. Mets postgame show.

#282 sec314, Apr 23, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 23, 2010
  3. mj2sexay

mj2sexay Active Member

Your second sentence literally re-affirms everything I said.

So you're saying that Mike will have trouble getting Jet guests on because he's blatantly anti-Jet. While I agree with that to an extent, the Jets know how big Mike is and I guarantee you they'll want to get Rex and Mike on the biggest local show in the market before training camp. It's just good business.

And I'm not wrong. I'm only an outsider, but it seems from my point of view the Jets want to really develop a relationship with 1050 like the Mets have with FAN. And it's smart, but unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that ESPN has a weak signal. I live in central jersey literally 25 minutes from Florham Park. I can't hear the team that trains 25 minutes from my house on the radio.

Besides has it occured to any of you that this is probably all shtick on Mike's part?

4. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades New Member

rex is the kind of guy who would call francessa a dumbass on air and put him in his place...i think that may happen sooner rather than later (i don't think we're gonna lose a game this year but if we have a frustrating loss and francessa is running his mouth i can imagine rex just going off on him)

btw, i was jk about the undefeated comment..just had to get that in before somebody accuses me of drinking the minute maid or w/e bullshit they call it these days

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

First of all, the Jets have been ESPN for years, why now???. Its become personal because of his venim. Mike is the highest rated sports guy, but a team can survive in this City without being on his "Hollines" show even though we all know that Joba is in the bullpen and Ike at 1B because of the Sports Pope.... ha. I will say this, if Mr. T does appear on Fatboy's show by Monday, then I am wrong about the entire Jet orginization freezing him out. If he does not, I am spot on

6. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

I watched a little yesterday but I nearly went ballistic when he openly mocked the Jets with John Mara and then opened the door for Mara to rub our face in the steaming pile of pile Mike left for him. For those that missed it,

He asked Mara what he thought about the Jets trying to steal the headlines and became the team that gets posted on the back pages but it wasn't as if he just asked Mara, it was a mocking tone and you could see the bitterness and jealousy on Mike's face as he was asking it. Mara responded with a shot as well, something along the lines of we'd rather not steal the headlines for a short term as we're the better franchise so eventually we'll be back in the headlines. I'm not surprised at either person but even for Mike it was low.

7. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

So, all of that says how much Francessa and Mara must fear the Jets right now. For Mara it means losing money. Not sure what it means for Francessa. Mara's father would have never done that. He should learn something from Rooney's kids.

8. Barry the Baptist

Mara ended it by saying he wanted the Jets to be good because it's good for the Giants if the Jets are good. I don't understand that logic but Mike seems to think the Jets are competing against the Giants for a playoff spot or division titles. It's clear that the Jets have become the back page team but what Mike fails to realize is that it has more to do with the Jets trying to win a SB then them wanting to one up the Giants.

9. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I didn't listen to the show and was not aware of that. But even for Francesa, that's a new low.

I used to be able to listen to the fat fuck because, even though he's been a Jets hater going way back to his days with Dog, he's always at least tempered it even though it was fairly obvious. There were always the little digs... the stadium... the "lack of respect in NY, etc. But this takes it to a new low and he;'s become much more blatant about it now.

As Don says above, it has to have a lot to do with fearing us now... fearing that we'll actually dominate the NY sports scene for the first time ever. A Giants team in total decline with humungous holes to fill with a tentative QB still in question, and he's afraid that all his support over the years and dislike for the "other" team will backfire on him now as the Jets come into their own playoff era and the Giants enter a long, delining period of 6-10 to 8-8 seasons.

Sad, really. It's as if he's trying to wish otherwise and doesn't know any other way out than to bash the Jets' every move.

#289 Section 227. Row 5, Apr 24, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2010
  10. Barry the Baptist

That's really what it is, it's the fact that the city will throw down like they haven't since the Rangers won the cup in 94 and Mike won't be along for the ride. He'll have no players on or coaches and the barge is sailing away from the dock without him on it. It has more to do with him becoming irrelevant then it does with him not thinking the Jets are making good moves.

11. RunLeonRun

RunLeonRun Active Member

today he's killing the jets about how they have all bad guys on the team and got rid of the good guys.

he said McKnight also has issues. Is this true?

12. Section 227. Row 5

His dick has issues.

Who give a shit what this dirtbag says? Turn the radio off and do it now, fella, or I'll shove this M-1 up your ass and blow your intestines out your nose.

13. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

This is their biggest problem. Sunday morning WFAN had that boring baseball guy on, I flip to 1050 and there's LaGrecca and Buttle going over the whole Jets draft and moves, etc, it was awesome. For a minute it felt like I was driving to a game, it just sucks that you can't hear it half the time.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Is there anything on earth more boring then the Sunday baseball show with Ed Randall. OMG, its awful. 1050 was great on Sunday, even before Lagreca and Buttle. I am starting to like Tiernry and Jodie also and I always enjoyed Seth Everett at 10 am. Its just a more well rounded startion, its not baseball all the time, and its not the Mets all the time

#294 sec314, Apr 26, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 26, 2010
  15. joejets1

joejets1 Member

I believe there was some issue with McKnight when he was being recruited. I am not 100% though, USC is in trouble for thier recruiting practices or could be. If thats true which it might I blame the coach and university more then the 18 year old High School Senior when it comes to recuiting violations.

I have a feeling in general that the more someone is talked about by others whether it is good or bad, or even put down or talked down upon means that they are worried about them becoming the bigger story. If the jets were 6-10 last year and the future didn't look good I doublt you would Mara ever talk about the Jets orginization.

16. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Not as far as I can tell. Sunday mornings suck on just about every station AM and FM but that guy is just awful.

17. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Mara and Francesa had a laugh about Hard Knocks, too. I think it was an indirect knock on the Jets, as if the Giants are too good for the show.

Mike: (chuckling) So, uh, when do you think the Giants will get on Hard Knocks?
    Mara: (laughing) I think I'll be gone a long time before I'll allow something like that to happen.
    Mike: HAHAHA. Of course.

Rrrrrrright. I think Mara is just pissed that HBO hasn't asked them to be on the show.

18. MK1

MK1 Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mj2sexay View Post
    ...but unfortunately it doesn't change the fact that ESPN has a weak signal. I live in central jersey literally 25 minutes from Florham Park. I can't hear the team that trains 25 minutes from my house on the radio.

Try 1040 instead of 1050 in NJ you will get ESPN

#298 MK1, Apr 26, 2010
  19. JfaulkNYJ

JfaulkNYJ New Member

McKnight got a free SUV from a coach or some shit, and it violated the NCAA rules.
    (not 100% sure of the entire story btw)
    big fucking deal.

#299 JfaulkNYJ, Apr 26, 2010
  20. Section 227. Row 5

Here's the long and short of it. A California businessman "helped" McNight's girlfiriend purchase an SUV "because she had trouble qualifying." It wound up being driven by Mc Night, of course. The businessman also collects web domain names and just happens to have the rights to the domain name "4JoeMcNight.com."

You can see the connection, although it's a bit of a stretch as to how much the guy can profit from this Domain Name off of his SUV straw purchase. But anyway, it violates NCAA rules, so it's under investigation.

As faulknyjets says, BFD. Leave it to the fat boy to harp on this kind of chickenshit. We all know where he's going with this anyway. McNight's no good because he drove the SUV.

McKnight's girlfriend 'makes payments'

The owner of the SUV that USC Trojans running back Joe McKnight has been seen driving says it was bought for the junior's girlfriend as a favor.

In e-mails to the Los Angeles Times and Los Angeles Daily News, Scott Schenter, a Santa Monica, Calif., businessman, said the car is driven by Johana Michelle Beltran -- McKnight's girlfriend -- and that he helped purchase the Land Rover because Beltran's family had trouble qualifying for a loan.

Contrary to a reporter's firsthand account, USC's Joe McKnight has denied driving an SUV owned by a California businessman.
    "It is her car," Schenter wrote. "She makes the payments and she is responsible for insurance. The payments are a little over $500/month [not a big amount]."

McKnight has denied driving the car, but the Los Angeles Times said in a story that one of its reporters has seen USC's leading rusher driving the SUV several times.

The Times first reported the story Friday night.

Schenter also said he is a University of Washington fan who has "nothing to do with agents, marketing players or representing athletes" despite his ownership of the Web domain www.4joemcknight.com, which he says has not been renewed.

"I own so many Web site domains that I only purchased www.4joemcknight.com [didn't renew] because I thought it was clever along with the many other ones I own/owned," Schenter wrote in the e-mails.

Schenter said a company he founded in May 2008, USC Marketing, stood for "United States China Marketing," and that despite being an employee for the Los Angeles County Assessor's office, he would "rather be known for my expertise in marketing and finance ventures."

USC, already under review by the NCAA and Pac-10 regarding accusations that running back Reggie Bush and basketball star O.J. Mayo received improper benefits during their time at the school, is investigating McKnight's use of the vehicle.

If McKnight is in violation of NCAA rules, it could affect his eligibility. It is against NCAA rules for athletes to accept benefits from agents or marketing representatives, or to accept "extra benefits" based on their ability.

Despite being in attendance for a USC men's basketball game against Tennessee in Los Angeles on Saturday night, athletic director Mike Garrett was not made available to local reporters.

"I read the letter [by Schenter] and found it interesting," said a statement from Garrett, read by a Trojans spokesman to the reporters at halftime as Garrett sat next to him. "Our compliance people are handling the matter. I have nothing more to say."

USC plays Boston College in the Emerald Bowl on Dec. 26 in San Francisco.

#300 Section 227. Row 5, Apr 26, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.