2009 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Sep 5, 2009.

1. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Charlie Weis made some questionable calls at the end there.

Jimmy Clausen played a hell of a game - this loss isn't on him.

2. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

Irish showed much heart in the 4th and have 1 sec to make some shit happen....

But Weis killed this team in the final drive regardless. That was as awful of a final minute as one can have. YOU HAVE A TIMEOUT CHARLIE FUCKING USE IT AFTER THE 4TH DOWN CATCH AND NOT WASTE 20 FUCKING SECS ON THE CLOCK.

I have defended Weis here but I can even see how horribly he managed this game winding down. Im sorry but he has to go. Only amateur coaches do this. You dont use a fucking timeout to think of the final play of the game, you use it to kill the clock.

3. BakerMaker

ND wins with a healthy Floyd.......Yeah I said it.

Cannot wait for him to return.

4. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

I'm with you on that. Floyd was definitely missed during those last few plays.

I also think Charlie Weis will be gone after this season.

Jon Gruden to Notre Dame?

or

Will Urban Meyer leave Florida and take his dream job?

5. BakerMaker

Meyer bailed on our offer a few years back and didn't want the job so I doubt he's going anywhere.

Gruden makes the most sense though but Dan Snyder could always overpay Gruden.

I still want Kelly from UC though. He got talks last year and I can see the hire happen if UC keeps this run up.

6. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Urban Meyer bailed because he saw what a train wreck of a program ND had become. If Meyer wins another title with Florida, what else does he have to prove at UF?

I like Kelly a lot too, but I don't know if he's the right fit for Notre Dame.

I really believe the Irish need a big name coach - a big name hire would boost the confidence of each and every player.

7. BakerMaker

It depends on how Cincy does from here till now. If they can make the BCS and make storylines, Kelly would definitely make himself the hot thing of the coaching tree. And if they go undefeated(I doubt UC is that good) then he would be a absolute lock IMO.

Outside of Gruden or Meyer, there's not many other options around that would be qualified. Kelly has revived that Cincy program with alright recruits now you give him the HC spot of a top team popularity wise in ND......Thats a winning formula.

And I see Meyer like with Carroll of USC. Its too good of a job to drop. FLA will offer the world moneywise to Meyer and he has a potential dynasty on his hands. ND is still in the same spot it was when Weis came over(Well a bit better) and if Clausen leaves along with Tate then Meyer doesn't have too much to work with.

8. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Cincinnati is definitely good enough to run the table...losing Tony Pike hurts though.

Pittsburgh and West Virginia are the only teams with a decent chance at beating the Bearcats.

Pitt is overrated at this point. They have a good record but they haven't played anyone.

WVU is still a good Big East team, but I don't think they're on the same level as Cincy.

9. BakerMaker

They have a great shot but I think a team like PIT can win at home. Can see that as a game ala RUT/LOU where the home team comes out firing and trying to disappoint a fellow Big East team.

10. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ABC usually shows a college football game at night, but they've been unfortunately showing NASCAR since like 6:30. Oh well.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Colorado's new QB Tyler Hansen looks like the real deal.

12. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

GA Tech beats VT......as I predicted last week. VT is the most overrated team in the Country. If they don't play in Blacksburg and play a decent team..it's a loss.

ACC a JOKE of a conference.

13. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

My hate for Steve Spurrier just keeps growing.

He left obviously injured Garcia in a game that he basically gave up on during the final drive. Worst clock management/play calling that I have seen in a long time.

I can't wait for this steaming pile of shit to get out of Columbia.

14. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

RYAN MATHEWS!

13 carries for 194 yards and a touchdown...in the first fucking half!

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I doubt it.

Anyway, from what I understand, Arizona-Stanford was a classic.

Navy-SMU in OT.

16. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

Welcome to the first round Ryan. He's facing a perfect storm of A. Being awesome, B. Every other supposed-to-be top prospect underwhelming this season, and C. Some of the best RBs in the country being too young (Mark Ingram, Dion Lewis, and Ryan Williams come to mind).

17. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Fresno is dominating San Jose State right now 41-14 with about 7 minutes left.

Ryan Mathews is done for the day, but he got the job done again - 20 carries for 233 yards and a TD.

18. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ryan Mathews is this year's Donald Brown. If he stays healthy, he'll go in the first round. Fresno has three very good running backs and Pat Hill is a doing a damn good job of keeping all of them fresh. It's looking like the Dogs will end up with 9 or 10 wins...pretty good for starting out 1-3. RM should put up ridiculous stats over the next four weeks.

This year's running back class isn't impressive at all. CJ Spiller and Jonathan Dwyer are the only guys that could go ahead of Mathews.

You're absolutely right about the best running backs being too young. At the beginning of this season, I thought 2010's draft was going to be the best draft in a long time, but 2011 should be even better.

#558 Mr Electric, Oct 18, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2009
  19. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Fucking Alabama!!!!

20. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Wow TCU up 21-7 on BYU in Provo.... The MTN West continues to prove that they favor the 2 Utah schools as every year TCU is traveling to Provo or SLC. Guess so far TCU is showing this year it doesn't matter.