2009 College Football Season Thread

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by JetsNation06, Sep 5, 2009.

1. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

1987-2000...

2. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

Redemption game tomorrow for the Rebels. Takin on the Tide. Student tickets are flipping for 400 dollars at an original retail of 7. I wish I didn't have work..but 400 sounds nice.

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

And USF didnt have a football program then.

Now USF is on the rise, and FSU is comatose.

4. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Today's action:
    Taking the over on Ark/Auburn (64.5)
    Virginia Tech by 13.5
    CMU -23
    Illinois +4
    Rice +11

5. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

I guess Auburn decided not to play offense today.:mad:

Arkansas is up 27-3 close to the half
    Penn State is up 38-0 halftime
    Virginia Tech is up 34-0 at half time.

#485 vinsjets, Oct 10, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2009
  6. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

Announcers claiming Tebow is automatic on 3rd and 2 and that he gets it 99% of the time.

Stuffed twice on 2nd and 1 and then on 3rd and 1, Florida just punted.

they lead 10-3 in the third

7. JeTsFaN_in_SoUtHFloRiDa

riiiiiiiight

8. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

Don't worry. I'm just ball busting.

9. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Ryan Mathews has another 100 + yard game for the Bulldogs...100 in the first half against Hawaii.

10. RevisOfNazareth

Gotta hand it to Bama. Totally ruined my season. I got to go for the first half, it was a good time. Largest crowd ever to attend a football game in MS. Last time we set that record was 03 with LSU in town, we also choked. I believe the time before that we also lost, I want to say it was also Alabama.

Snead is a terrible QB, he has gone from top 10 to not drafted in a matter of weeks.

Florida should be 2 in my book. Bama should be 1. But, I'm sure it will be sorted out.

11. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

...gotta love...I mean hate...fair weather fans.

12. RevisOfNazareth

Fair weather? Shit. I go to every game I can get to. I could only stay til halftime because I had work. I stuck it through the Orgeron years. Overall, I'll be happy with another cotton bowl, I just wish we'd have lived up to the hype.

13. Steve032

Steve032 New Member

Alabama is arguably the best team in college football this year. Losing to them does not ruin your season like you said. I go to VT and we played 'Bama in our opening week. We were leading going into the 4th quarter but couldn't hang on. There is a slim possibility that there could be a rematch of Bama vs. VT in the national championship game. However, even though VT will be favored in the rest of their games, I feel like they might get a hiccup along the way.

14. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

Haven't you been predicting for weeks and weeks Snead's true colors would be shown??? :)!!!

15. WW85

WW85 MOCKERATOR

I"m not sure Bama is the best team, it's close, they're very good, love their defense. Alabama Kicked Petrino's butt not too long ago, which I was glad to see. Saban is a damn good college coach and recruiter.

I like VT, they play some awesome football at Blacksburg. I get concerned when they play a top team on the Road. VT's ACC competition doesn't help their stock, you can't play Georgia Tech every week. I can't see VT beating GT in Georgia next week.......we'll see.

Winning the ACC championship game with even with 1 loss doesn't get you into the National Championship game unless a Florida, Texas, Bama totally go in the tank. VT in the championship game is a stretch. Losing to Bama sealed VT's fate. IMO, VT is overrated ranked at #5.

#495 WW85, Oct 11, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2009
  16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

ESPN Radio just did a sportscenter update, saying Alabama jumped Texas in the polls and "Miami still leads the pack."

Nice job, guys. :rofl:

17. Green Hurricane

Green Hurricane Footsteps Falco

We call that foreshadowing, Yizzer.

18. RevisOfNazareth

When everyone's expectations were an SEC West Title, losing to any SEC West Opponent puts a damper on that prospect. The games I get to will be a blast, but we're stuck with another cotton bowl. Meaning another New Years freezing our collective asses off setting bar records in Dallas. Not to mention this is my senior year and I wanted something to remember. Bama was our Florida game for this year.

19. Mr Electric

Mr Electric Banned

Damn...I was hoping you'd be around next year when Fresno comes to Oxford and dominates the Ole Miss Rebel Mikes.

20. rhodesfan16

rhodesfan16 New Member

I missed most of the first half of the LSU game but watching that game, the things that have killed us all year, killed us in that game 1) Offensive line penalties I dont understand how we are this bad in this catagory Ciron Black is an exceptional talent along with Barksdale and Lyle Hitt who are also good guys. Frankly it really does not excuse the 6 first half penalties considering we didnt allow a sack till the second half.

Also, the play calling on offense was horrendous. I dont understand why Gary Crowton is so against giving Charles Scott the ball he is by far the best runner on the team. Also our play calling so sooooooooooooooooooo predictable. If we line up in the pistol it will be a play action pass. If Holiday is lines up in the slot it means we are running an end around. I really think Garry Crowton needs to get his head examined.

But on the good side, we are not eliminated from the national championship picture, of course our margin for error is tiny. What I did like was our D, which played amazing in that game, yes Florida rushed for lots of yards but to only allow 13 points to an offense as dynamic as that is pretty good

Im still pissed we dropped so far in the new polls