2009-10 World Champion Yankees Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by GQMartin, Nov 5, 2009.

1. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

So is Tino full-time now? Get Paulie in there. And Al Leiter. Cone is gone right?

2. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

That's only true as long as everyone stays healthy..or when Hughes reaches his inning limit..you did hear he is on one of Cashman's secret innings count, didn't you?

3. Don

He was a starter until they may him a reliever in '07 as you point out. At that point he was a reliever and should have stayed a reliever, he was almost perfect in that role and now that is probably gone forever too.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

I don't think Joba will be joining the rotation this year under any circumstances. If both Marte and Aceves are still with us in the event someone needs to take a spot, I expect it to be one of them. If Joba's not going to Scranton to pitch as a starter then there are no intentions of making him do it this year.

5. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

The reason they "made him a reliever" in 07 was to limit his innings... it turned out he could do that while helping the big club. It wasn't a strategic move. And of course he was perfect in that role. He was a supremely talented pitcher. Look how well Hughes did in that role last year. Same thing.

6. Don

Haha..Girardi is about to come on Sports Center to "reveal" his long term plans for Chamberlain...this couldn't get any more ridiculous.

7. Don

Yeah, and the greatest relievers of all time are one time failed starters, starting with Rivera. They had the chance to avoid that with Chamberlain.

8. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

They have the chance to "avoid" that with every pitcher that comes through the minor leagues! What a bullshit argument. Why do you think that reliable #3 starters get paid as much money as the best closer of all time? Why do you think it's only the failed starters who go to the pen? It's because starting pitching is more valuable! And Joba looked like a front-line starter up to the time where he hurt his shoulder. Why the fuck would they want to avoid giving him a chance to start? It's not the starting that did him in. It was the injury. (And no, I don't think they're connected.)

They have a chance to avoid that with Hughes, too. And with Nova. And McAllister. Maybe they should shunt them all to the pen.

I really have a hard time believing that you believe half the crap you post. It rarely follows any sort of logical path.

9. TheCoolerGlennFoley

TheCoolerGlennFoley Well-Known Member

Johan started out as a reliever too. It's a shame his injuries now couldn't have been avoided if the Twins never moved him to the rotation.

10. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

11. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

you could keep the narration up all season

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I don't like Wynn.

I don't think Gardner will be in Left in August.

13. dwalsh

dwalsh 2006 TGG.com Rookie of the Year Award Winner

so who's going to start off the new season with the game threads?