2006 NFL Draft-Kellen Clemens

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Penning-10, Apr 23, 2008.

1. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

Agreed but there is concern about his pocket presence which is something that is instinctual. Although he was rushed by a terrible offensive line he looked at times like a chicken without a head. Let's just hope a solid OL will make him more stable in the pocket.

2. Iversonheels

Iversonheels New Member

I dont like Clemans. But he should still be given the chance. I loved micheal vick at first, and we all know how that turned out....

3. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

I don't see the Jets taking Ryan as completely damning Clemens, though the writing can definitely be on the wall. Ryan most likely won't play his first year (especially if they keep Pennington around), which will be one year on a retooled squad that Clemens has to turn things around. If the Jets take a QB in the draft, then they've effectively insured themself in case Clemens can't get the job done. If Clemens turns his career around and accelerates with a better offense around him, then we can always trade one or the other at a later time.

4. xmscott

xmscott Well-Known Member

Agreed.

Give the kid some time. If he sucks this season we worry about it next season. We arent going to win more than 10 games with any QB this season. This is a young franchise and being an elite team takes time. We have dealt with mediocrity for years, a few more shouldnt hurt.

Edit. But at the same time in not against taking a QB some where in the draft. You still have Chad on the roster to be a mentor for a rookie.

5. JetMonkey

JetMonkey Member

KC has shown some flashes of brilliance (i.e Ravens game, Steelers game).
    The reason we won the Steelers game was because of the pressure applied on Big Ben...
    just goes to show you how football pretty much has its own Domino Effect...

P.S. DWare, Meagan Good might just be my favorite football-player's-wife...

6. Gloom N Doom

Gloom N Doom Member

I agree. It would be nice to have our own "Brady Quinn" serving an apprenticeship this season. It's just too bad that we don't have a "Derek Anderson" as a tutor.

7. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

Who was Derek Anderson one year ago??

Derek Anderson