'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I think Embiid is still not well from being sick.. it really effected him.

I think the Bucks are real strong, but i'm not convinced their gameplan will work against a finals team.

Giannis to the hoop, Eurostep layup/pass every possession will stop working against well coached teams.. yes, celtics werent well coached this year. He's a beast, but i don't see that as unstoppable.

Im also bitter, and i want the rules tightened up on the Eurostep/travel after this season.. it was laughable at times, the was one Euro he stepped at least 6 times.

On D, they played the paint and allowed 3 all years.. any team in the west is going to feast on that.

2. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

I see it all the time. It's not just one team, or player. I don't understand how traveling isn't called more.

3. JackBower

Just checked the C's/ Bucks score.

Very glad i made a decision to not watch this game because i hate this version of the Celtics.

The STATS show they have mailed it in. Embarrassing

4. NYJalltheway

It looks like there's a giant elephant in the room on that sideline. They're not playing like a team.

5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

They are missing every shot, they are an embarrassment.

Not even sure where they go from here, they probably are going to have blow the whole team up again and rebuild.

6. JackBower

Sometime in January/early February, everything just changed.

It was a team they were since Stevens has been here, good chemistry and all around team work.

No idea what happened, but all of a sudden they just stopped playing together and the in fighting started... and here we are.

Ive honestly never seen anything like it

7. JackBower

I would say kyrie is 50/50... i guarantee you no one in boston wants him back if he thinks there's going to be any type of red carpet treatment. Honestly, it may be easier for him to leave.

I would say guarantee goners are Baynes, Theis, brown. Rozier too if kyrie stays.

I wish rozier leaves no matter what... he's garbage

I think this meltdown increases the chance of morris staying. They need more scorers and they need the heart.

8. NYJalltheway

Just wondering your story, why do you like the Jets, but also the Celtics? I thought it was like an unwritten rule that if you like new York teams, you hate all Boston teams.

9. JackBower

I actually didn't get into basketball until college. First full season i watched of the celtics was the year before they got KG. They were brutal, but i loved watching the games.

Parents are from NY, dad raised me to like the jets, yankees, rangers (i don't watch hockey).

I guess because they were the easiest to watch playing local, i live in MA, school in VT... but i loved Paul Pierce. 2nd fav athlete to Paul O'Neill

NYJalltheway likes this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Love seeing Boston about to be eliminated down by 19 points with under 10 remaining.

Last game for Kyrie as a Celtic, a duo of Kyrie/Durant in NY is going to be crazy fun to watch and a trio of Kyrie, K.D and Zion and it'll become bananas hottest ticket since showtime lakers.

I want Houston to upset G.S and win it all. What Harden has done this year has been disgusting. It's sick. He can't be stopped.

Houston vs. Milwaukee.
    The Beard vs. The Greek Freak.

Would be different for once.

NYJalltheway likes this.
  11. JackBower

I really wish i was a fifth as positive as you are in life.

Everything is sunshine and rainbows with you. You'd get shot and be happy you have another hole for sunshine.

Anyways, i put on the last minute of the celtics and bucks game too look at the bench.

Couldn't help but notice there was an open seat by kyrie, and there were 3-4 celtics sitting on the floor watching the game.

#111 JackBower, May 8, 2019
    Last edited: May 8, 2019
  12. NYJalltheway

I forgot to give you the actual answer.

Harley Davidson sponsors the team. I got a Harley shirt from one of the shirt guns one time.

JackBower likes this.
  13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Warriors don't even need Durant, probably can win the finals with or without him.

He needs to go win elsewhere to prove himself.

NYJalltheway and JetBlue like this.
  14. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Go east, young man.

15. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Never really understood the anti-Warriors feelings, since they play such a beautiful brand of basketball. But even if you don't like them, anyone who doesn't respect them now and give them credit for what they can do just isn't watching what's going on. If you believe in the idea that there are players, teams, and coaches who are winners, and players, teams, and coaches who are not, there isn't the slightest question which was which in that game tonight.

JetBlue likes this.
  16. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I do not have an issue with the Warriors, I have a problem with Kevin Durant. Kevin Durant made the most cowardly move in the history of sports, he left a team that had an MVP caliber player on it, to join a team that he was up 3-1 against and would have beat, if HE had made his shots.....AND the team he joined wasn't just a good team, it was a 73 win team with the league MVP on it, that was a minute away from winning the finals. He didn't need to leave OKC, and he surely didn't need to join Golden State, he just needed to make a few shots, which he missed. Golden State, probably would have won the last two years without him, unless perhaps he was on the Thunder still, standing in Golden States way. You are supposed to beat them, not join them, he joined them. If he had stay in OKC and beat them even just once, it would have been MUCH MORE respectful and would have validated him as an all time great.

So to me, if he wants to validate himself, go to another team and have similar success. If he joins another team and fails to win anything, he will be just a guy who jumped on a championship team to win a title.

17. statjeff22

I decided a long time ago that treating sports like it’s a referendum on someone’s character is absurd. If someone leaves a small tech firm to go work for Google are they the most cowardly person in tech? Free agency finally gave players more of a right for them to make the same decisions everyone else has the right to make, and that’s work where they want to work, and live their lives the way they want to live them. If a person decides he wants to move to one of the great cities of the world to work with the best people in the world everyone would congratulate them on their ability to land such an opportunity - unless he’s an athlete, in which case he’s viewed as a coward and a loser. Somehow I think everyone who criticizes him only wishes they had the opportunity to be such a loser.

I don’t think other people have the right to tell me how I choose to manage my career, and I don’t try to claim it for anyone else, either, even if they happen to be a great basketball player. He has said that the fact that the stars on the best team in the world strongly recruited him to join them was tremendously validating for him. The fact that you want the validation to be that the entire world sees that he can carry a team to a championship by himself, not that, is your problem, not his. And I would also point out that LeBron James did EXACTLY what you’re saying the second time around in Cleveland (and for his hometown team to boot), yet his character is constantly called into question by fans and the media anyway.

I completely understand OKC fans hating the decision he made. I completely agree that if he goes to the Knicks and is the best player on a team that finally wins a championship he will (and should) get greater fame and glory for it (although again, that’s exactly what LeBron James did, and it didn’t work out that way among fans at all). To label him a coward because that isn’t the decision he chose to make last time is in my opinion ridiculous.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I thought the Warriors played an elegant game last night without Durant in the lineup. The ball movement was spectacular. It was a particularly nice contrast to the style Houston plays. I thought the Warriors did a nice job of moving the ball and Klay Thomson movement without the ball is a thing of beauty. They actually look like a more balanced team without Durant. I wouldn't say better but to me it's more entertaining to see guys moving without the ball get rewarded.

19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Without Durant they are the best team in the league; they proved that with a title and the best record in league history. He simply makes them better. I don’t think that minimizes his ability or value to the team.

But for Durant to truly get the credit of his greatness he will need to lead his own team to a title. Fair or unfair, that will hang over him. I hope it’s the Knicks, but if he went to the Clippers and won a title it would be bigger than LeBron winning in Cleveland. Cleveland had very good teams in the 80’s before LeBron they just never won a title; they were never seen as a joke or pathetic organization, like the Clippers. The star that wins a title for the Clippers will go down in history.

20. statjeff22

Oh my God what an amazing ending. Did that ball bounce four times on the rim for Leonard before falling in?