'18-'19 NBA Anti-Warriors Thread

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by NYJalltheway, Nov 1, 2018.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

2. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Yep! Good days ahead especially if Durant leaves Golden State.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Raptors are a real team, unlike the Cleveland LeBrons that was a one man show. Toronto has Kawhi but he isn't carrying everybody's weight they are supporting him while he gets double/triple teamed

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That was an awful game last night. Borderline unwatchable. Barely any defense. Clearly the Warriors miss Kevin Durant and Klay Thompson. Wins are wins, no matter how you get them, but Game 1 and 3 seriously felt like the Warriors handing the Raptors wins. Gotta give Toronto credit for making some key shots, but it was tough to watch. No one besides Curry even showed up for the Warriors.

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

This series reminded me a lot of the 05 Lakers v Pistons series before it started and the similarities through three games are pretty numerous. Nobody gave the Pistons a shot; they took game 1, lost game 2 but probably should have won it; rolled the next 3 over the injured Lakers.

6. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Draymond Green just said the Warriors will win in 6. Pretty ballsy prediction there being down 2-1. If KD and Klay come back and play at 100% it could happen, but it won't be easy.

7. GordonGecko

new controversy, Warriors part owner sitting courtside shoved Kyle Lowry during yesterday's game and was ejected,

Say what you will about Drake but he never shoved anybody

8. Sam Hammer

Wow that is super unprofessional. I didn't realize it was possible for an owner to get ejected. Good stuff. If only the Knicks would eject Dolan for being a prick.

9. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

The only thing I can think of was that Lowry had his hand on the owners girls' seat who was standing there and also nudged her with his leg by accident. If you slow it down the guy put his hand on Lowry, but then when Lowry nudged her, he decided to push him. Its dumb and inexcusable, but I dont think it was malicious by any means, and obviously Lowry didn't intend for that to happen. People saying he should be banned for life are silly, its getting really overblown.

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Lakers vs Bulls 1991
    Lakers vs Pistons 2005
    Lakers vs Mavs 2011
    Heat vs Spurs 2014

What do they all have in common? they all ended within 5 games and meant the end of the reign of those teams. This does look exactly like it, I watched game 4 & 5 2014 over, and it felt similar to that last night, when the Spurs lead by Kawhi went into Miami and outplayed them completely. Since the start of the postseason, the Warriors havent looked the same, but I guess being the alpha team for 5 years does that too you. The injuries have been brutal too, but with KD probably leaving, and some imbalance going on right now, it might just mean the end for the Warriors.

Im still waiting for Kawhi to take over, he has yet to do that the way he did against the Bucks

In other news, apparently Irving is trying to convince Durant to go to Brooklyn instead of the Knicks, HOWEVER Irving will go wherever Durant goes, unless Durant stays in Golden State.

#270 SOXXX2, Jun 6, 2019
    Last edited: Jun 6, 2019
  11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Kevin Durant ruled out for game 4.

12. GordonGecko

Warriors owner Stevens fined $500,000 and banned from all NBA games for a year

13. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Seems appropriate. It must suck to be a minority owner of a team and not be able to go haha, kinda strange but not new.

Just realized to they open a new arena, and he cant go LOL.

14. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

They should forfeit

15. The Dark Knight

Anyone pushing a player would be pathetic, but a part owner of the team? Inexcusable.

joe likes this.
  16. Sam Hammer

Agreed, no excuse at all for that.

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Kawhi can have another MJ moment if he can go into Oracle tonight and beat them, despite the Warriors injuries, I think I would still be quite stunning if the Warriors left Oracle in its potentially final game down 3-1.

With that said though, ill pick the Warriors tonight to win, I still think the Raptors take this in 7, ill be gladly wrong though.

18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Looks like KD is done for the series. I really would have liked the Raptors to beat the Warriors with KD at some point, but its not meant to be. I honestly was thinking yesterday, it doesn't make that much sense for Durant to return considering the position he is in. If he knows he is leaving, then highly doubt he would want to risk getting an injury that could ruin his next season, hes probably mentally ready to start on a new team, and he might just be about checked out of Golden State at this point.

Good news for the Knicks and Nets fans, a healthy KD is what they need, not an injured one.

19. The Dark Knight

Have the almighty Warriors turned into an underdog story? That's sports for ya! :D

NYJalltheway likes this.
  20. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Did the Toronto Raptors potentially make the greatest trade of all time too?

A one year rental NEVER usually works (just ask the Jets with Favre), especially in the NBA where you have to give up a lot for the rental. If they close the deal, I hope Kawhi stays, but even if he doesn't he can leave the Raptors as NBA Champions for the first time in their history, this is even better than Lebron going back to Cleveland, some fairy tale story where most people thought they would lose to the 76ers, Bucks, and Warriors. Between the game 7 buzzer beater, to major comeback against the Bucks down 0-2 and going to OT in game 3, to the Warriors getting slammed with the injury bug, the stars have completely aligned for one of the bottom feeder, snake bitten, unsuccessful franchises in sports that plays in Canada.

The Dark Knight likes this.