17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

314 if I met you I might give you a hug,,,,,,just sayin lol

2. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

@Royal Tee - Hey. See above. People are hugging each other left and right. Why didn't you hug me at the Dolphins game? Am I ugly? Am I not lovable? Lol.

@GQMartin - Next time I see you, I want a big hug from you based on the lovefest explained by @sec314 and @CBG . Lol

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook in all fairness why did you not initiate the hugs ?

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Because I only hug goats. Lol.

CBG likes this.
  5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

17A gets so pumped before games he would hug Champ if he saw him. Well maybe not that pumped.

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just thought this might be a good a time as any to ask out loud how those ticket sales are going ? = I walked away with zero regrets and thank goodness I did not purchase a cock a mammy PSL !!!!

7. snoballz

snoballz Member

I've said it a few times... I miss the camaraderie of STH and just plain ole Jets fans near me. I'm near 50 now but remember as a kid and in my teen years how cool it was that Jets fans in my section knew the names of people around them. They were friends and shared the same passion. High-fives back then hurt because everyone was so enthusiastic. I bought into that romantic idea and jumped when my name was called for ST at Giants Stadium. Now at MetLife, I know the security guy by my entrance and the person seated right behind me. Other than that, for most games, its mostly fans of the opposing team seated around me.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Just curious = hey Jet ticket Reps and office --------> how are those ticket sales going ? I bet those PSL s are flying off the shelves LOL . Thank goodness I did not purchase a cock a mammy PSL and that I walked away from my tickets when I did !

alleycat9 likes this.
  9. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

"cock a mammy" ? ; ) is that a command of some sort?

CBG likes this.
  10. LogeSection2RowJ

Yesterday I was able to sit in a lower corner. Huge difference, experience-wise. In fact, I hope to never have to use those escalators again. One problem with those seats yesterday: it seemed like the ratio of Jets fans to Broncos fans in attendance was 60/40. Was it that way upstairs as well? Maybe that's because the annoying bright orange jerseys stood out so much. As nice as it was that the game itself kept them quiet and subdued for the entire second half, I could not help think how it would have went if the game swung the other way. Yikes. Based on the ticket prices I see for the Vikings game in a couple week, I think we are in for a purple invasion - and it won't be a Prince concert (for a couple of reasons) This is not limited to Jets games at MetLife, is that way league-wide thanks to the secondary market and easy buying options. However it is probably worse here due to the NY market being so diverse, but mostly because of the high prices and vacated seat license situation. Die hard Jets ticket holders have to recoup every nickel when they have an extra seat. Many have given up entirely thanks to the ticket PSL fiasco.

sec314 likes this.
  11. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

For you younger guys : Vikes were another great organization during the 70s when guys in there late 50s were getting into the nfl. Dolphins, Steeeler, Cowboy and Raiders were all good when the jets and giants blew. All fair weather fans couldn’t take the losing. That’s where all these fans came from. And before that were packer fans. Without joe Willie I would have been a packer fan. First nfl team i rooted for. Epic shit there. LomBardi, Starr and nitchzkie.

#19611 sec314, Oct 8, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2018
    alleycat9 likes this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I picked up 4 tickets to the Vikes game on stubhub about a month ago. Family get together Saturday so I am taking my wife, sister and Brother in-law to the game. Anyway, I was contacted by stubhub on monday and they invited us 4 to be on the field for pre-game from 12:45 up to the national anthem. Season ticket holder forever,the Jets never offered anything like this, but as a total stranger to the jets i get this offer. Looking forward to being on the field but not happy I am going to miss the start of the game getting to my seats. Anyone ever get this offer, wondering where I am going to be situated on the field and will I be able to give Adams a high five... HA?

alleycat9 and CBG like this.
  13. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

OK so you gonna pull a Kaepernick or what??

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Only if I am guaranteed a commercial spot with Squatty Potty

[​IMG]

CBG likes this.
  15. LogeSection2RowJ

It took 981 pages to get to THIS :eek:

CBG likes this.
  16. snoballz

snoballz Member

Nice of StubHub for sure. As STH you can "purchase" field access, holding the flag, sounding the alarm, and other sundry items with Jets Rewards. Hence the longevity of the Jets Rewards thread in Experience.

17. snoballz

snoballz Member

Just need to vent... behavior of fans, particular Jets fans in their own stadium has deteriorated. Yes, this person could have been the opposing team fan or just anybody but it was clear he was a Jets fan. The guy stood for every single play while no one else around him... no in front of him was standing. I asked politely, I was with my 9-year old son and his best friend, if he would sit since he was blocking the view especially the kids. He wants to then pump his chest like I killed someone in his family. I'm not going that rabbit hole and know the security people pretty well as a STH in that section so I figured I would just talk to them. His friend then quieted him down. Both of them wore STH lanyards but after about 5 minutes that row began to fill and not only did he and his friend not belong in that row ( I never saw them before), they didn't belong in the section. Anyway, show some respect.

Lastly, we go Skoled today. It was supposed to be Green Out but turned into purple rain. Lots and lots of purple.. and they were skoling loudly in MetLife like we were in MN. WTF.

Brook! likes this.
  18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

This is NOT NEW to us but yesterday was a reminder of how bad things have become and what a shit show that place is:
    Being that was on the field before the game I had to navigate us to go from one side of the stadium to the other and get to the Upper deck. I wound up taking an escalator one level,I could not find one that took us any further so we walked the stairs and I almost had a heart attack it took so long. On the way out, the escalator was so far away we walked the ramp, OMG it must go 15 times around before you get down to the bottom. Took 20 minutes it was unbelievable . My wife told me this place feels like its a temporary stadium until the real one's built.
    I know the Steeler, cowboys and Dolphin fans over take our stadium but VIKING FANS. Are you kidding me. I would say 40% of the place was in purple. It was pathetic. It was so disheartening I can't tell you what a bad scene that place has become. I would say 20% of Jet fans there are hardcore older fans like some of us and the rest where kids in there 20-30's that are there for a day out to drink and watch some football. You can feel the lack of passion in your seats, no one even chants J E T S anymore. I dunno man, I guess I am living int he past and just repeating myself again, but man its over, 2018 is the year it ended. Its gotten worse this year, the Season ticket base has deteriorated beyond repair. I don't think people are coming back even if we start winning consistently. I am never getting seasons, ever, its not the scene I remember and yearn for. Its officially the end of a time I remember so well. I am excited for the future ( - the coach) but its gonna be from the couch for most home games. Yesterday was the saddest scene I ever witnessed at a jet game.

alleycat9 and Brook! like this.
  19. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Really sorry to hear that assessment but unfortunately on point. The only slim hope you can hold on to is that the Jets break the lease with the out clause and build a proper JETS stadium that takes into account the game day experience for the average fan. If that ever happens it'll be many many years but even then I wouldn't trust Woody Johnson to miraculously start caring

20. LogeSection2RowJ

Dude - what lease? The Jets own 50% of MetLife Stadium. They aren't going anywhere.