17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

i dont pay for season tickets to see a football game.

i pay for season tickets to see a football game and get the HELL AWAY FROM MY WIFE!!!

2. terps56

terps56 New Member

I agree 17a! If I really wanted the best view, I would watch on big screen TV, with play-by-play, numerous replays from all angles, game stats, analysis, comfortable couch, etc. And I get that for 8 games/year. The other 8 games I go for the excitememt of being at the game, hanging with my sons, getting out of the house and not being interrupted during the game by my wife. Obviously, I prefer a good view while at the game, but its not my top priority.

3. coorslightcans

no interruptions occur if you use duct tape and rope properly. or hand out mall money. that could be a winner dont pay the ticket prices and the psls and tell the wife you expect her to get somethng nice at victorias secret.

4. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

It sound like if you gave your wife the money you are spending on the tickets you'd get more peace in your life than just 8 afternoons.

Maybe a divorce might be cheaper?

;)

5. 17a_tailgater

divorce is never cheaper if you have kids.

6. BADMOO

BADMOO New Member

As a matter of fact THAT is EXACTLY what I'm doing. I'm not going to stay a season ticket holder so why bother giving them more money. They obviously didn't/don't care about me so they can keep their over priced pre-season games, their over priced parking, and all their disrespect for my years of paying and fandom and shove it up their arse.

7. 17a_tailgater

well just got an idea of the available seats this coming year.3 seat sover from me is open for season tix. lower level corner end zone also available.

seems alot of people cancelled for this year.

8. jetbo

jetbo Member

new stadium

Giants Stadium was 900,000 Sq Ft, the New One, 2.1 Million Sq Ft

9. 17a_tailgater

the one thing i think this PSL bullshit has done is stop people for the most part(champ) from having multiple accounts and selling there tix off.

10. norm428

norm428 New Member

Escalators in new stadium

Does anyone know where the escalators to the UD are going to be located? Are they going to go directly there like in the current stadium or do you have to take multiple escalators to get there? I know they're going to be inside the stadium. If you have to take an escalator to each level, it's gonna be a nightmare getting out of the UD after a game.

11. KSJets

KSJets New Member

Bring a parachute and jump from the top. It should be high enough :rofl2:

12. 17a_tailgater

from the looks of things the 2 big openings at each end zones and the openings on each side of the 50 yard line will have escalators. there are lots of stairs also for when you are coming down exiting the game.

when i was there in jan,there was only escalators to the field level.

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I don't blame you man.

14. Chrisp22

Chrisp22 Active Member

If you don't have cataracts, you will be able to see. Maybe not well......

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

that is a complete crock of shit! i quit smoking 4 months ago and still feel that is the most obnoxious thing.

i refuse to go see uconn play because of that rule. i remember walking around trying to find the smoking section and saying well fuck it ill just stand here by the fence at the outer perimeter of the outside of the stadium. guy comes up and tells me i cant smoke there. i ask him where i can smoke and he says you cant smoke in the stadium... i explain that i am not in the stadium i am outside next to the fence he says you can smoke on the other side of the fence. i say but then i wont be able to come back in and he tells me that is correct. so i left at halftime and said i would never go back to that shame of a half a stadium that they built UNLESS notre dame comes to play there which will never happen.

i just dont understand why they wont let you smoke OUTSIDE

16. Cornfed

Cornfed Member

Despite my already having bought 1 ticket for 2009 from my friend who gets them from a season ticket holder (as I've been doing since like 1996? It seems I've been on the waiting list since 1998), I FINALLY bought tickets in my own name for 2009.

My name came up last year for tickets but the ones they were offering were high in the upper deck in the corner end zone so I went with my friend's seats which are on the bottom of the upper deck, corner, aisle seats, right by the tunnel.

This year, I was able to nab two seats towards the back of 114, I believe on an aisle (bought through ticketmaster since I'm basically never free to talk to Jets people during business hours due to work...we played phone tag for 3 days).

Anyway, here's the view - http://www.seatdata.com/html/nfl_jets/section_nfl_jets_114.htm

I'm pretty psyched! I think I was 600something on the waiting list coming into this year. I guess this will bump me up a little for 2010 options, though I still don't think I'll be able to convince myself to shell out the $5k/seat which will be required for endzone seats by the time they get to me.

There were also "lower primes" and mezz seats available, but I think only in sets of 2. Could also have bought the $4k seats. I didn't even know we had those in this stadium. I can probably go back and get the details of what they are if anyone's interested.

For today, I'm happy to be a Jets fan. When I get the bill....maybe not as much :) But I'm so psyched I'm looking forward to the first preseason game to check out my new seats.

And yes - I know this thread is about 2010 seats....but I'm a little behind you all. I apologize for the divergence, and thank anyone whose read this far for the indulgence :)

J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!

17. 17a_tailgater

no thats awesome.new 2009 season tix holders affect 2010 so all is welcome in this thread.

18. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Its not for another 2 seasons, 15 months from now. I am not gonna worrry about it anymore, I made my decision to go low and I sure for me its the right one. You can see anywhere from the UD, its not like the lower level. Anyway, we have a 2009 season to play and the new place will sure look nice with a good team taking the field. HELL, I still sit in Sec 314 for this season paying $75 per, the hell with Woody and the new place. 2009 is gonna rock, i hope Rex is not a blow hard

19. 17a_tailgater

madden view is from the end zone

20. jetsyoung

jetsyoung New Member

What a thread! Long-time season ticket holder (back to Shea) with 2 seats 40 yd line behind Jets bench and 2 in the 9th row of the end zone. So my seats behind the bench are Coaches Club - kissed them good-bye but hoped to get 4 together in prime upper deck. By the tie they call me I can only get 22nd row prime (out of what - like 26 rows?). I downsized to 3 seats and took 3rd row end zone on aisle - sect 123 right across from 124. $5k PSL - $1500 down (10%) and financed over 15 years at rip-off 8% interest rate (hope to be able to pay-off early). Probably pisses most of you off but sorry - payments are a sacrifice but the ability to take my Dad to a decent seat in his senior years (he took me going back to Shea) and ensure I can pass these to my kids swayed me. I have many friends that are up top or heading there so please don't forget that the non-club PSL holders are true fans as well:)