17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

The tickettakers won't let you scan a 1D barcode on your phone. I just keep one of these:
    [​IMG]

and a small printer in my trunk for printing from the lot

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

So easy getting in nowadays. Love the new smart card, put everything in the Jet bag they gave us, water bottles with tops allowed in. Waited zero to get in and it was packed. Left the lot and was out and on my way home in 3 minutes. Such a pleasure after Giants Stadium parking and I parked close in Lot D. Ugly stadium but such a pleasure after the last 2 places. Great time

3. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

How long has the wait been when leaving the stadium and waiting to catch a train? I'm looking to try out the train and see how it is.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Where do you live? I took train at least 4 times in the past. Each time I did it, I regretted big time and said I would never use it again. But still did it when parking was outrageous. I live in Madison,NJ which is on Dover Line. Each time I took the train, I couldn't get to home in at least 90 minutes.

Taking the train from Metlife to Secaucus isn't bad but if you wait for your connecting train for a long time, you are screwed Once it took me 2.5 hours to arrive home since I missed my connecting train at Seacaucus.

5. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Brooklyn said: Where do you live? I took train at least 4 times in the past. Each time I did it, I regretted big time and said I would never use it again. But still did it when parking was outrageous. I live in Madison,NJ which is on Dover Line. Each time I took the train, I couldn't get to home in at least 90 minutes.

Taking the train from Metlife to Secaucus isn't bad but if you wait for your connecting train for a long time, you are screwed Once it took me 2.5 hours to arrive home since I missed my connecting train at Seacaucus.

I live in Nassau County, Long Island. The ride from Penn Station to my house is about 40 min. You would think they would run a lot of trains at that time. I have not been to Met life yet, but I do remember going to Giants Stadium and it being a disaster just leaving the lot, it would take over 2.5 hours to get home. Was hoping the train would be less time and easier.

6. Brook!

Then you are in luck. Leaving the stadium isn't bad with train. Arriving to Seacuacus is a breeze. And going from Seacacus to Penn Station is a breeze as well since it is a hub. Folks like me who are slave to only 1 train line are the unlucky ones. Once you miss your connection, you end up waiting for 30 minutes to 1 hour until the next one.

NYJA15 likes this.
  7. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Sounds perfect then! Someone told me there could be a 15-20 minute wait to catch a train from Met life after the game (guess its because everyone is heading for the train at that time and there will be crowds).

8. GordonGecko

I dunno man, I've had pretty bad experiences with the meadowlands train. You wait so long for it to show up, then you wait so long for it to leave, then it takes the scenic route almost 360 degrees around the swamps of New Jersey soooooooooo slowly. And just when you think you're there, it takes them 10 years to open the doors and because of some genius elementary school drop out designer, there's only one exit at the very front of the platform. And then you do it all over again after the game....

9. Brook!

My bad. You will wait for 10 to 15 minutes for sure. But no more than that most of the time and sometimes when you are lucky you will not wait all that much. You make your own decision. And look GG is already like me dreading the train. Really use the train only if you don't have any other choice.

10. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Geez, does not sound to appealing but my cousin went to the game this past Sunday and said driving there was no picnic either.

How is it leaving the lot? I can get a yellow parking pass if I decide to drive there.

11. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I can definitely drive there just trying to decide the lesser of 2 evils lol

12. Brook!

Believe me when I say this. You don't want to trade your car's own comfort. Listening to the sports radio on your way home is way better than train. I use train only when parking is outrageous or if I know I will drink a ton during the game.

NYJA15 likes this.
  13. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

Your absolutely right! I prefer to drive also. I will call my rep tomorrow and see if I can get the yellow parking pass.

Brook! likes this.
  14. GordonGecko

You should take the bus to get there, and if you leave after the game is over then the train will be better than the bus

15. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I used to live a block away from the Pascack Valley Line train in Bergen County. When they expanded that line to have weekend service and I learned about the new rail link at the stadium, I was pumped. I figured it'd be great having a train that let out right at the stadium, that was around the corner from my house! 20 minutes to the games! After seeing how it actually is, there was no way in hell I'd attempt it since anyone coming in on that line has to first ride way past the stadium to get to Secaucus, then change trains and double-back the same way just to spur-over from the same track you rode on 25 minutes earlier. Same way to get home. No thanks. Talk about inefficient.

It's a damn shame that the Meadowlands wasn't planned better 30 years ago. From the crappy public transportation, to the Main road that bisects the parking on the arena side, failed mall thing, abandoned grand stand etc etc the whole place need to be exploded and started over.

16. max

max Active Member

Stayed till the end of the game last sunday. I waited half an hour for the train to SEC. Luckily my connecting train only took 5 min.

The train is a good tradeoff if you want to drink a ton. It also doesn't seem half as long or inconvenient when then jets win.

17. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

and there is always the fun of the drunk idiots who were actually smart enough to not drive.... but went balls deep on the whiskey all morning and afternoon.

18. NYJA15

NYJA15 Member

I am a season ticket holder but did not buy the season parking pass yet. Does it come as a hard pass you put on the dash? I have not been to Metlife yet.

19. Brook!

Yes it comes as a hard pass in the color of the lot. Say you have Yellow Parking, the parking ticket will be in yellow. But no need to put it on Dash. They will check it before they let you in your lot. Once you are in your lot just park your car without worrying putting the pass on dash.

NYJA15 likes this.
  20. GordonGecko

Unless you go in with a green pass and park in the VIP sub-lot, then you need to make sure you display the striped pass or there's a chance they give you problems