17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Get this, the discount event seller Goldstar is selling Jets/ Jags preseason tickets for $15. Obviously the Jets handed over the tickets to them to sell. There's a service fee of $7.50 added to that too. I wonder how they're handling the parking passes.

So much for getting anything on Stubby Hub for my tickets that game.

When and why did the preseason games become practically worthless? Is it the way the players are held back? The quality of play? Over-saturation of NFL exposure that keeps those out who normally wouldn't get a chance to go to a game? Way back when before I had my season's I loved going to preseason games to see football. Went to a Jets /Raiders game at "new" Yankee Stadium in '76. I was thrilled. Is it that here in NY we're more sophisticated to know a crap game when we see it, as compared to other events in this area? Remember when the Jets Giants game was not even televised live, and we had to wait until midnight to watch it?

The last mildly interesting preseason game was probably that first Jets/ Giants preseason game in 2010 when Monstrosity Stadium opened. That was the day I was so deeply disappointed in our new home.

2. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

IMHO the only pre season or xhibition game worth it's salt was the very 1st NYJ/NYG game played in New Haven CT. Once the merger took place the games became walk thru's & remain so today :sad:

3. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Tix showed up today...
    Included:
    • Magnetic schedule
    • Keychain Schedules
    • Free JETS T-Shirt Coupon
    • BONUS: STH Blanket.

This years STH Bonus is Pretty nice actually. A little thinner than the winter blankets.
    Last year they gave a STH license plate holder.

Couple of other stadium items listed.

[​IMG]

4. LogeSection2RowJ

No blankie for me : (

Either I paid my bill too late, or it's one of the fabulous perks awarded to PSL holders, such as first dibs on concert tickets, and…. what were the other great perks again?

5. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I got a wool hat shaped like a helmet :sad:

6. JetsSec337Lot13B

I got some ugly winter hat today. Also found out that lot K is now an orange lot. If I knew this I would have downgraded to orange since that is where I park every week.

7. JetsSec337Lot13B

I got a winter hat. You decided to renew after all?

8. LogeSection2RowJ

I did. I waited to "sign" until two days before the seat reassignment process began. I moved back one row to row three, and over to the 30 yard line from the 5.

9. LogeSection2RowJ

Orange Lot K

What???? Holy Sh*t you're right - I just checked the parking map that came with the tickets. It's orange now. Son of a bitch...

Those of us who've lived in this thread from the beginning will remember the lot designation fiasco of year one. I shouted about how lot K should be orange, not yellow. We park there too, and it caused havoc for my tailgate group that first year when us Upper Deckers couldn't get yellow passes, and it divided our clan.

After all of the hassles - remember the year when they sprung the parking rules on us AFTER we paid our invoice to keep people from getting more PO'd and not renewing? Remember the "upgrade to yellow, only IF you paid the ticket invoice early"? That was nonsense, as I got yellow anyway, even though I paid on the last day that year. All I did was ask.

The entire color-coded lot crap is just that - CRAP. An effort to strong-arm some people into PSL seats. A marketing ploy. I predicted it would eventually fade away. Perhaps this is the start. I'm going to ask my rep for a refund/change.

I never understood how lot K could be considered premium - it's a long walk from there. Now the Jets have figured it out too. I just wonder why they did that. What could the reason be? There has to be one. They're not just being nice or they would have told us before we paid for our parking passes so you and I wouldn't be paying for a yellow pass and parking in an orange lot.

#18029 LogeSection2RowJ, Aug 8, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2013
  10. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

and that is the New York Jets organization for you.

11. JetsSec337Lot13B

Upper deck presale at noon today. What a joke.

12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Ohhh, no blankie for me Woody? How am I going to sleep at night

13. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

I got the same stupid-looking hat. What? Only one? I have four seats!

Didn't notice the Lot K thing either. They're beautiful... still sneaking around doing this shit without informing anyone. The whole segregated lot thing was a horrible idea from the git-go... all it did was alienate the UDers even more and was the final straw that broke the camel's back for some, who just decided to walk away because they couldn't take the abuse any more.

14. LogeSection2RowJ

and there'll be more to come. We just don't know what yet. Let's predict:

I predict they'll eventually have tailgate/ non-tailgate lots, with differing costs. The tailgate lots will have food for sale for grilling purposes. At first they won't make it mandatory to buy THEIR food, but then...

15. Section 227. Row 5

I hope they have to struggle for years to sell UD seats. The more the merrier. Then they'll finally get it that they're not the Giants and they need to give us concessions, otherwise you're only going to fill 20% of the Uppers.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

I contacted them and discovered Orange and Yellow passes are the same price now.

17. Section 227. Row 5

If they were smart they'd use them as an incentive giveaway. Sign up for next season and pay up front in full by "X" date and get Yellow for free. Sign up by "Y" date or use the payment plan and get Green for free.

This way they make the UD guys feel like they're getting something other than Woody's usual boner up the back door and they cut down on cancellations. It should be all about trying to keep the guys you have now and build on that.

But oh no. Continue to fuck everybody around and get them for every nickel. It's no wonder this organization is having huge problems retaining their customers. If this were any other kind of business with any competition fo speak of, they'd have closed their doors a decade ago.

18. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

on a bright note... it could be worse, it could be dolan.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I think they're full of shit but I have no proof. Anyone on here have an orange pass?

20. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Posts like these always bring back bad memories about how shady the jets ticket office has been . I am so glad I do not deal with this stuff anymore ,,,,why they ever assigned colored lots in the first place was a joke and to still have them after 4 years of B S just shows how clueless they are.
    No psl,,,,,no more tickets,,,,no regrets !