17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

thanks. And yes champ that is for u. Cause im fuckin stupid....

Man i cant wait to tailgate

sept 22 will be the patshater memorial tailgate.its a 415pm game and i hope to see all in attendance or at least make a contribution

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I went at 9am yesterday, does not make sense why I am ahead of 17A. Could have moved up 2 rows but in the middle of the aisle. Wanted to go down to row 4 aisle seat, maybe I will get the balls not to pay and wait it out like 227 does. Another year like last, easy pickings for sure. I hope to make Pats hater tailgate for once and make the proper contribution. Gave 17a my last $20 last year and could not buy a beer so I felt ok but still, even though I never met the man, we are all jet brothers for sure... except for the Ignored one

3. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Who else was able to upgrade?

4. JetsSec337Lot13B

At work but I just went on stubhub. Tickets for every game in the upper end zones are waaaay below face value.

5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Pretty much everything in the upper deck is available below face including "prime", with like 3 months to go before the start of the season. Want preseason? $6.00 gets you in the door

The Jets themselves probably have the most tickets listed for sale on Stubhub

6. Section 227. Row 5

This is to be expected this year... and maybe for a few years to come now. We knew it would be this way (all the cancellations and rock-bottom prices )and this is all a result of last year's meltdown coupled with the QB disaster and everyone knowing we don't really have a starting QB and much of a team. I mean, let's all face the reality.

So what happens to ticket prices when all these seats are available because so many people bailed out? And what happens to ticket prices when the team we're putting on the field is so shitty?

Right now we are in extreme doom and gloom. It's like being at the bottom of the stock market when everyone else is selling, selling, selling and there are no buyers.

I happen to think this was a very good year to get into some very good Jets seats. When were you going to be able to do that? When we win a series of Superbowls like the Giants? No way. Try getting a Giants Tickets upgrade to 1st Row Prime right now. They'll laugh you off the phone!

So yeah, we're in for some very, very dismal years coming up with ticket prices in the toilet big time. That would all change VERY rapidly if the Jets can put together a team that gets the AFC Championship and goes to the big party. But for now, the Big Party is a very long awy off and so yes, $6 for a Preseason Game sounds a littl eon the expensive side to me. (LOL).

7. Section 227. Row 5

I'm watching my wristwatch right now to see how long it will take Mr. Doom and Gloom to jump on this post and tell everyone "I told you so."

8. JetsSec337Lot13B

The disturbing price for me was there is a set of 3 in section 346 row 6 which is really row 2. They are selling for $37 per ticket (that includes fees) for most games. Not sure if it's someone who made a mistake listing but a lot of uppers are listed at $35 per ticket in the higher rows. I doubt brokers bought those to take a $15 -$20 per ticket and the prices dropped a lot the past couple days. I know a lot are from the Jets but I'm surprised they would drop prices so much during a relocation.

9. Section 227. Row 5

They can't give these things away.

The only way we're ever going to see face again is if the Jets start winning.

10. JetsSec337Lot13B

Yes but who would have thought you'd see second row uppers despite being in the corner end zone listed for $37 a ticket which the buyer lists for $33 and takes home about $28 on?

I think I may call up tomorrow. I like having season tickets but it's only June and $95 tickets are getting sellers $28 for games in September!!

The Steelers game is even listed for face value.

11. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I didn't even log on to check what was available when my time hit. I was at work and had a very hectic day. I'm very happy with my upper prime seats in section 340 at this time. Is it true that the bar is in your way in the first row?

As for someone blocking off one seat, I thought the tool they used for the upgrade process prohibited you from taking only one seat? That was the rule last year, from what I recall. Otherwise, people could "reserve" a spot while they searched around. The Jets won't sell single seats in this process.

And for those who are trumpeting the availability of cheap seats on Stub Hub, we all know that. But for someone who has had tickets for 33 years, I want to sit in my seats and know I have them. I don't want to be hunting for tickets week after week. We all understand the cost of owning season tickets. There is a peace of mind and a convenience factor knowing you have the seats and they are in the same place. And, if the Jets turn things around and start winning, good luck with Stub Hub and you can forget about playoff tickets. I know it is somewhat absurd to talk about playoff tickets, but that day will come again, IMO, in a few years once the Jets rebuild and Brady gets old and Belichick retires. I say the Pats have a 2-3 year window at best and then the division is up for grabs.

#17711 Joe Willie White Shoes, Jun 12, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2013
  12. JetsSec337Lot13B

Last season I had a guy next to me who owned a single seat. Not sure if he renewed this year or not. Was a nice guy on the older side and I don't know why but he came alone. I didn't ask any questions he was polite, respectful, and a big Jets fan.

I also know of one other person who has three tickets but each season ticketholder has their own account so three tickets three acountholders. Made it easier when they did the ACH withdrawls each month.

From what I recall you could not leave a single seat open. Not sure though since last year I upgraded since I did not pay my bill on time.

I also was complaining about prices before. I have always been glad to have tickets, the same seats, each week etc. I was just a bit angry that I see seats near me (I sit in $95 seats) selling for 6 games for $35-$45 per seat. The Patriots game sold for $78, Steelers is listed for $95.

I don't mind paying extra but when I could save $55-$60 a ticket I get mad. I will be calling up the office tomorrow to tell them whatever they are doing won't encourage the few of us left to renew.

13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Joe Willie I give you your props,,sticking to your guns. :beer:
    When seats are going for half of what I / you paid,,,when the person next to you in front of you behind you changes week after week,,,,,and with the view being really bad up there, yes you can see the field from the uppers but even from row one primes on the 50 they look like ants or like an electric football game.
    I fully understand what it is like to go to games and look forward to getting together every other weekend and how it is a way of life,,,,,,but the jets and this stadium changed all that for me and my family :sad: Props to you joe Willie and a few others but to me it made zero sense to stay when I could easily get tickets elsewhere and save money while at it. As far as playoff or championship games we ain't seen too many of those at home,,but I will gladly sit home and watch it and think of what could have been .
    Keep posting the relocations guys it is interesting and valuable info to others .

14. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I am hoping that the move from row 11 in the uppers to row 3 in upper prime puts me significantly closer to the field and that the view is dramatically improved. If not, I will have to consider whether it is worth it to remain a STH.

15. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

H'mm if that news is true then there a ton of NYJ fans who have wised up in the last few years :sad:

16. 17a_tailgater

17a_tailgater Active Member

there is a single in row 6 section 341.. caused by the douche who took 1 seat in my row...
    how did that happen

17. Section 227. Row 5

Believe me, it is much better. You're going to love those seats. And as far as the bar goes, it's mind over matter.

Does your rear view mirror get in the way of seeing the road? How about when you turn on your wipers? Distract you to the point of not seeing other vehicles or pedestrians? Hell No. It's one of those things that "disappears" after a while and you don't even notice it. Believe me, it beats looking at the backside of some fat-asses size 48 jeans after he stands up in front of you on every play. Drives me fucking nuts and I can't take it anymore. All these years of putting up with the assholes in low rows who insist on standing up. Fucking morons. Inconsiderate morons at that.

Section 340 Row 3 is a very good seat JWWS. You done good.

18. Section 227. Row 5

Call them up and tell them to kick him out. He broke the fucking rules.

If they won't kick him out then they have to give you better seats closer to the 50. You played by their rules and got fucked because of their inability to apply their rules to everyone without exception. They weren't fair in dealing with you, and it wasn't your fault that you got screwed out of an upgrade, it was their fault.

So now they have to make things right. Call them up. Bullshit.

19. JetsSec337Lot13B

I called up the Jets today. I didn't bother yelling cursing screaming etc but basically said I don't know what brokers you have throwing your tickets on stubhub but prices for every game are already 1/3 of the regular price near me. I got some talk that it's all season ticketholders and they cannot regulate what they list their tickets for. He offered to relocate my seats which I wasn't looking for.

I enjoyed the line I got "well it's only June prices will go up." I laughed and said I buy/sell on the secondary market and I highly doubt prices will go up and for me I can buy the same exact seat for every single game right now in a low row corner end zone and pay $400 instead of $950. Even last years Chargers game tickets upstairs stayed around $40. I told him I prefer having season tickets and I know I pay extra to have them but when you are talking $550 in savings on one seat and it's only June that's a major problem.

20. Section 227. Row 5

The unfortunate thing is, you are talking to a programmed robot who's had a Hard Drive installed that blocks out all human emotion and caring. The program is downloaded to only fuck Season Ticketholders and no one else.

If you call fresh... meaning, you are calling for the first time, the system picks up on that and gives you the best seats available. If you are calling in as an already registered Ticketholder, the sytem within the Hard Drive is programmed to fuck you around unmercifully. This is the way it is. No way around it, unless you enter "I want to cancel my tickets." Then the system reverses and they lay out the red carpet.

It's all computerized, believe me.